Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small Dog Wanted
Dogpages forums > Rescue Forums > Homes offered...
hazzy1066
We've just lost our elderly yorkie. I am considering another rescue dog and would like a small dog no bigger than shihtzu size to live with out chix who is 6 ish (ex breeding dog) and elderly house cat and 7 year old. We live in the Derby area and I don't really want to travel more than 1.5 hours. Not too fussed on age but have consistently had old dogs and ex breeding dogs with health problems so would probably like something a bit younger without health problems if possible although would be happy to foster such dogs. Thanks
mokee
The Mayflower Sanctuary at Bawtry, near Doncaster, have Suzie, a 6 month old Chihuahua cross:

And Elvis her two year old brother who is a full Chihuahua:

The sanctuary state that they would prefer the two dogs to go together, but it might be worth ringing to ask if they'd consider separating them if you don't want two.

They also have Tilly, a one year old Cyprus Poodle:

http://www.mayflowersanctuary.co.uk/catego...r-animals/dogs/

hazzy1066
Thanks so much I have not heard of that rescue. I have enquired about Suzie and Elvis but together as would not want to split them.
Ragsysmum
Hope it works out for you all. What a lovely start to 2015 for those two if they can find a home together with you!
K9LOVE
If this doesnt go ahead, Im sure Many Tears would love you as a fosterer:

http://www.manytearsrescue.org/foster_for_mtar.php

hazzy1066
I have enquired with Many Tears before and unfortunately they are 3 hours away or the closest meeting point is over 2 hours away
mokee
Best of luck with your enquiry, I hope it all goes well for you smile.gif
MRCHEW
Chinese crested club of Great Britain rescue have several younger dogs and also ones looking for permanent foster
The have a Facebook and also website pages
mokee
Apologies for being unspeakably nosy, but I was wondering if you'd had any luck in your search or your enquiry about the two Chi's?
hazzy1066
Hi

I e-mailed them and have tried to ring 3 times including just now again but no response.
Dalsmum
QUOTE(hazzy1066 @ 15th Jan 2015, 3:51 pm) *
Hi

I e-mailed them and have tried to ring 3 times including just now again but no response.

Are you on facebook? You could contact them on there.
hazzy1066
We're still looking for a suitable dog. I would prefer a yorkie but cat/dog/child friendly seem to be hard to find.
claireyjay
Hi

Saving Romanian Strays have a number of small dogs either here already or coming soon. If you are on facebook, they have the up to date list of 'newbies'. All have been rescued from terrible conditions. Being an owner and fosterer of many I can higher recommend! The lady who run s it splits her time between Essex and Derbyshire.

Good luck!
hazzy1066
We are now fostering with a view to adopting a yorkie that came via the pound.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.