Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Young Small Gentle Dog Suitable For Autistic Child. Your Home Awaits :
Dogpages forums > Rescue Forums > Homes offered...
Jinglebells
Looking for a new member of our family. We have a very gentle but active 9 year old westie bitch we rescued 7 years ago and 2 dog savvy, children, 14 and 10. We are an active family, out and about a lot, but live in a quiet household; my youngest child is autistic, so we are looking for a puppy/ older puppy/younger dog that isn't going to knock her over, be extremely noisey and too strong. We do like soft furry coats as my daughter will sit all day brushing, so not short haired. So we are thinking cavalier, cairn, cavachon, Lhasa etc...but we would be just as happy with a Heinz variety.

We live in the South/Home counties in a semi rural location and are surrounded by lots of lovely walks.

Who wants us!! tongue.gif
Dalsmum
Many Tears Rescue have several little fluffy ones

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...6987&st=240
Jinglebells
Thanks a lot smile.gif I have applied for Epic!
Dalsmum
QUOTE(Jinglebells @ 11th Sep 2014, 10:42 pm) *
Thanks a lot smile.gif I have applied for Epic!

He was the one who made me think of you
Jinglebells
Sadly as I have children and as Epic hasnot lived with children Many tears will not consider my application. I am feeling increasingly sad and frustrated that it is so hard for me to rescue a dog in need. It would be so much easier to just buy a puppy, which is not what I want to do. Many Tears wouldn't even consider me for a puppy as I work twice a week for 5 hours, even though I would be leaving my new pup with a friend who also has a new pup and has been home checked.

Does anyone have any advice/ or recommendations of rescues/ as to how to find a rescue dog, that has been child proofed, perhaps fostered by the charity, so that I may happily be considered for its new family? All we want is a dog who is gentle, can live with sensible, gentle children 10+, and isn't too big. Very frustrating.

mokee
All Animals Rescue and Rehoming are based in Grays, Essex and all of their dogs spend at least 3 weeks being assessed in a foster home before being put up for rehoming. I can't find a website but here is their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Animals-...5387234?sk=info

They've got several small, young dogs on their facebook page at the moment, perhaps one of those would be suitable. I know they have at least one foster carer with children as she fostered two of my dogs before I adopted them smile.gif
KarenP
Have you tried Battersea at Old Windsor?

We've previously found their dog assessments and matching up of suitable families to be pretty good.
Jinglebells
Yes our last dog we got in March was from Battersea. Very sadly we had to return the dog as it bit a child unprovoked at my daughters school. Very sad and very difficult decision. Battersea were the ones who suggested we should look at rescues who foster out the dogs so that they have a thorough opinion of the dogs personality. In Battersea their assessments are limited to environments there. Therefore a dog that has lived in a home with household noises and situations would give a much better understanding of the dog.

I have contacted All animals rescue in Grays, fingers crossed.

With all the homeless dogs out there you would think that we would be inundated with offers. We are a great family that can offer so much. Our resident dog we have had 7 years and she is just perfect. I trust her wholly.
mokee
QUOTE(Jinglebells @ 17th Sep 2014, 3:23 pm) *

Yes our last dog we got in March was from Battersea. Very sadly we had to return the dog as it bit a child unprovoked at my daughters school. Very sad and very difficult decision. Battersea were the ones who suggested we should look at rescues who foster out the dogs so that they have a thorough opinion of the dogs personality. In Battersea their assessments are limited to environments there. Therefore a dog that has lived in a home with household noises and situations would give a much better understanding of the dog.

I have contacted All animals rescue in Grays, fingers crossed.

With all the homeless dogs out there you would think that we would be inundated with offers. We are a great family that can offer so much. Our resident dog we have had 7 years and she is just perfect. I trust her wholly.

I hope they're able to help you, best of luck.
mokee
Fluffy is a 4-5 month old Cross-breed pup who when fully grown will be medium size we think the smaller size of medium though, although we cannot guarantee this as we do not know his parentage. He is sweet little boy a little shy on first meeting people but will come round. He is good with other dogs and likes to play as all pups do. He will need training with his toileting and also ongoing training through his puppyhood. He would be okay with cats as only young. He is crate trained.

Fluffy loves toys and will busy himself with a toy. He really is an endearing little puppy that would fit into many homes. Fluffy being so young will need someone around most of the time so no full time workers please. Fluffy would benefit from traning classes and i think would find this fun.

Fluffy is fully vaccinated including the rabies vaccination and kennel cough vaccination. He is chipped flea and worm treated. He isnít neutered as he is to young for this but will need doing when he is old enough a contract will be signed to say this will be done and we will follow up on this. Fluffy is in foster in the Cambridge area.

For further details regarding adopting a dog from Angels Without Wings in Cambridgeshire, please email angelswithoutwings12345@hotmail.co.uk or telephone 07825 814718. Please note, an adoption fee of £230 applies. We are a small organisation run entirely by volunteers, set up to help dogs facing certain death in Romania. We use foster homes till forever homes are found. We require a pre adoption form to be completed and a home check to be carried out. Once completed and passed we require all members and any resident dogs to travel to meet our dog. A follow up check will be completed if adoption is successful and if for any unforeseeable reason the home does not work out the dog has to be returned into our care. All our dogs are neutered, vaccinated, wormed, microchipped and have a pet passport.

mokee
ProDogs Direct have got several gorgeous puppies and young dogs in at the moment that might suit including a Yorkshire Terrier and a Bichon Frise puppy:

http://www.prodogsdirect.org.uk/#/dogs/4585849124
Jinglebells
Thank you to your suggestions, I will look into them smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
rigsby
Try Rescue Remedies - they have many dogs fostered in homes and if you fill in the online form and explain your circumstances they will suggest a suitable dog although you can browse all the dogs on the website. They will certainly not dismiss you for your working hours. www.rescueremedies.co.uk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.