Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Perfect Soppy Family Dog Wanted
Dogpages forums > Rescue Forums > Homes offered...
Jinglebells
Looking for a gentle, soppy, furry family dog. The sort that just loves cuddles, playing ball, being spoilt and just being with us. I imagine he will be a slightly older, not looking for a puppy. A dog who knows how to behave, who has lived in a family home before and been loved. Big loving eyes and long coat. Ideally a Collie or flat coat retriever, medium size ( not too manic or high energy though!)

We can offer an active family home in the Home Counties near Guildford, 2 children 9 and 13, small friendly middle aged westie bitch, lots of camping trips, long daily walks off lead. Have had a border collie before, have done fly ball etc..so feel confident.
rolleyes.gif
Jinglebells
Thank you. Have just put in an adoption form smile.gif)
mokee
QUOTE(Jinglebells @ 24th Jul 2013, 8:05 pm) *

Thank you. Have just put in an adoption form smile.gif)

Best of luck with that, he's absolutely gorgeous!
Dalsmum
QUOTE(mokee @ 26th Jul 2013, 11:57 pm) *

Best of luck with that, he's absolutely gorgeous!

He is rather super , isn't he?
Jinglebells
rolleyes.gif Yes he is. Waiting to hear back from Ravenswood, fingers crossed x
collieowner
Hope it all works out for you. Keep us informed please
Jinglebells
Sadly I cannot rehome Jack as I am away on holiday until August 24th and the rescue want to rehome him asap sad.gif.

So still looking.
moorx
You will probably find that most rescues will want to home their dogs quickly once you have been approved. It allows them to free up kennel space for the next needy dog.

It would probably be better to wait until you're back from your holiday. Jack may still be available then smile.gif
sarahblue
hi i have a very loving collie cross bitch in need of a loving home,she isnt etting the attention she needs and it breaks my heart ,i live in north ayrshire if interested x
Allenmfc
I too put in an adoption form for Jack (last Monday, 29th July).
Haven't had a reply....not even an acknowledgement of my interest. sad.gif
mokee
QUOTE(Allenmfc @ 3rd Aug 2013, 1:04 am) *

Don't lose heart - most rescues are staffed by volunteers who are usually snowed under with people wanting to surrender dogs, adopt dogs, ask for advice and all manner of things to do with the running of the rescue. Sometimes communication can, and often does, go a little awry and people aren't called back who should have been. As a general rule if I'm contacting a rescue for whatever reason I usually email them first, then if they haven't gotten back to me in a couple of days I'll email again, make a phone call, or if I'm local I'll pop in to see if I can catch somebody to badger.

I'll bet you anything that you're not being deliberately ignored - either your contact to the rescue has gone missing and they haven't actually received it, or you're somewhere on someone's very full "to do" list and they'll get around to you eventually.

Don't give up - make a follow up call and ask if they've received your application and if they'll consider you to rehome this gorgeous boy. I don't know of any rescue who would ignore a potentially perfect home on purpose, not without at least talking to you first - but I do know of plenty who are overwhelmed with the sheer volume of unwanted animals out there looking for homes, so that sometimes, unfortunately, they can't get back to potential adopters as quickly as they'd like to.

Best of luck with your application - whoever does adopt this boy will be very lucky indeed (and I will be very, very jealous).
Jinglebells
QUOTE(sarahblue @ 2nd Aug 2013, 5:31 pm) *

hi i have a very loving collie cross bitch in need of a loving home,she isnt etting the attention she needs and it breaks my heart ,i live in north ayrshire if interested x

I am so sorry you have to rehome your lovely dog, heart breaking situation. I would love to help but I live very far away in the South sad.gif
Jinglebells
QUOTE(Allenmfc @ 3rd Aug 2013, 1:04 am) *

QUOTE(mokee @ 3rd Aug 2013, 2:28 am) *

Don't lose heart - most rescues are staffed by volunteers who are usually snowed under with people wanting to surrender dogs, adopt dogs, ask for advice and all manner of things to do with the running of the rescue. Sometimes communication can, and often does, go a little awry and people aren't called back who should have been. As a general rule if I'm contacting a rescue for whatever reason I usually email them first, then if they haven't gotten back to me in a couple of days I'll email again, make a phone call, or if I'm local I'll pop in to see if I can catch somebody to badger.

I'll bet you anything that you're not being deliberately ignored - either your contact to the rescue has gone missing and they haven't actually received it, or you're somewhere on someone's very full "to do" list and they'll get around to you eventually.

Don't give up - make a follow up call and ask if they've received your application and if they'll consider you to rehome this gorgeous boy. I don't know of any rescue who would ignore a potentially perfect home on purpose, not without at least talking to you first - but I do know of plenty who are overwhelmed with the sheer volume of unwanted animals out there looking for homes, so that sometimes, unfortunately, they can't get back to potential adopters as quickly as they'd like to.

Best of luck with your application - whoever does adopt this boy will be very lucky indeed (and I will be very, very jealous).

Jinglebells
I did receive a reply a few days after I sent my application and they explained that they had received lots of applications for Jack. Which is obviously a good thing for him smile.gif x
Allenmfc
QUOTE(Jinglebells @ 5th Aug 2013, 11:30 pm) *

I did receive a reply a few days after I sent my application and they explained that they had received lots of applications for Jack. Which is obviously a good thing for him smile.gif x

One week now since my application....and two days since my follow up email.
Still not had a reply!
Yes, it's good for Jack that there is lots of interest.

Just annoying that the centre completely ignores people. How long does it take to send a short email?

collieowner
This bothers me a little. Surely in the interests of the dog and those other dogs waiting for a place a decision could be made sooner than this. I have heard people saying that they will not go to a rescue for this reason and its a shame really.
Jinglebells
I phoned them today and left a message, I then emailed and I get a reply within the hour. I understand that as I cannot rehome a dog at the moment, as I will be away on holiday until the 23rd August, but I was suggesting this time, that maybe a home check could be done soon, before I go away as there are several dogs at the rescue who might be suitable. Just trying to speed up the process really, so that when we come home, we are vetted and able t meet the dogs and move forward. Damn summer holidays!! rolleyes.gif
Allenmfc
QUOTE(collieowner @ 7th Aug 2013, 6:29 pm) *

This bothers me a little. Surely in the interests of the dog and those other dogs waiting for a place a decision could be made sooner than this. I have heard people saying that they will not go to a rescue for this reason and its a shame really.

I've got to agree with you. I still haven't had a reply.

The good news though......a friend of a friend was fostering a dog because the owners could no longer look after her (health reasons) and were looking for someone to re home her.
Collected her today and she's settling in well.
Jinglebells
smile.gif Yay!!
collieowner
Well done Allenmfc . At last you have a dog to love. Perhaps you could post a photo on here when you've time. Good luck and enjoy!!
moorx
Have you seen Nollie in Private Rehomings?

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=267173
teacherjacks
Thanks for the suggestion:- i have looked at Nollies profile and he needs more than i can offer sad.gif
vdonohoe
How about East Sussex Pups needing homes - not a million mies from you and they have lots of collie types looking for families...

http://www.-Refer to moderator-.co.uk/6.html
Jinglebells
Thanks for that. However, I cant seem to open the link sad.gif
moorx
Google? smile.gif
Jinglebells
Well sadly I have just had a home check and have been advised NOT to adopt a collie or a large size dog as the garden isnt suitable as the fence at one point is less than 6foot. So am now looking for the perfect soppy gentle sweet small-medium size dog....still prefer furry and not short haired, any age but must be in good health as we are an active family..and great with older kids x
moorx
Have you seen Shep?

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...p;#entry4037492

He has lived with 5 children smile.gif

I know you say you have been advised against a collie, but different rescues may have different views re minimum fence height, and it would be nice for a deserving collie to go to a collie-experienced home.

This rescue may also have a suitable dog:

http://protectingprelovedbordercollies.co.uk/
Jinglebells
Thanks for the message, put a smile on my face and gave me a glimmer of hope. Really would love a collie. Will ring both this morning smile.gif
Collie's Best Friend
I reckon it's well worth doing a few more investigations before giving up on the idea of a collie if that's what you really want, as it's so dependent on the individual dog - I have heard of tiny dogs being able to scale 6 foot fences. In contrast, although I have a well fenced garden, my collie has never shown any signs of wanting to jump over anything to escape - I have enough trouble persuading him to go out in the garden on his own, let alone want to get out of it to run away wub.gif . I'm sure he would manage it if there were sheep the other side though lol.gif
moorx
QUOTE(Collie's Best Friend @ 24th Sep 2013, 9:31 am) *

I reckon it's well worth doing a few more investigations before giving up on the idea of a collie if that's what you really want, as it's so dependent on the individual dog - I have heard of tiny dogs being able to scale 6 foot fences. In contrast, although I have a well fenced garden, my collie has never shown any signs of wanting to jump over anything to escape - I have enough trouble persuading him to go out in the garden on his own, let alone want to get out of it to run away wub.gif . I'm sure he would manage it if there were sheep the other side though lol.gif

Absolutely - my staffy x (much smaller than a collie) could jump onto the top of a six foot wall ohmy.gif

Good luck Jinglebells - keep us updated smile.gif
oraclejennie
I have a collie in desperate need of a home if still looking for one

3 yr old collie still very playful and has conversations with washing machines

Hyperactive and vocal but a loveable playful character

I managed to get lift to her house to walk him yesterday and someone checks he has food and water at least once a day but he needs someone who can look after him now

He is fine on the lead but very bouncy when first meet him (so suggest any children best to be older), likes to talk to the washing machine and loves to play.

He does live with another Dog and cat but he knows them so unsure with other animals

Think he is chipped, unsure on vaccinations but has not been neutered

mom is ill and cant look after him - she is in hospital

norefill
Hi there!
I have just seen your Ad...
Are you still looking to offer a dog a home?
I am looking to rehome, please let me know if you are still looking and I can send you details.
Thank you
Jinglebells
Yes still looking although we are away over half term smile.gif
Lex&Ollie
http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...6987&st=180

Meggy wub.gif
Jinglebells
Ahhhhh she is truly lovely wub.gif Unfortunately for me Many Tears failed my home check when i enquired about another collie as my garden fence at one point is under 5 feet. They have revommended me to look for a smaller non jumpy breed wink.gif x sating that might be worth ringing them err.gif

What are peoples view on rehoming same sex dog as a resident dog?
1234alicat
Have you managed to find a dog yet?
Jinglebells
No I haven't. Went to see a Yorkie cross yesterday but felt he was too small for us.

So still looking.....widened our search to not just a chilled collie but an breed of dog as long as it has a soft, medium length coat ( not a short haired dog lover) and is gentle and soppy not OTT, but young enough in spirit to enjoy family days out.

Home checked and ready to go. Also willing to travel smile.gif smile.gif

SamCarer83
Hi, I am in desperate need of rehoming my boy. He is a cross collie/German shepherd, black and tan with med/long coat. Neutered, micro chipped and up to date on vaccinations. He is 6yrs old, very playful, loves to sit on his bum with front paws on you and lick you gently lol. He is so funny, our circumstances have now changed which means he will be alone for majority of day into the night and i am trying to juggle my work but can't cope with it. He deserves a home that can give him the time he needs with his owners, he isn't short of love, just time, I hope u can help unsure.gif
Dalsmum
QUOTE(SamCarer83 @ 20th Dec 2013, 6:29 am) *

Hi, I am in desperate need of rehoming my boy. He is a cross collie/German shepherd, black and tan with med/long coat. Neutered, micro chipped and up to date on vaccinations. He is 6yrs old, very playful, loves to sit on his bum with front paws on you and lick you gently lol. He is so funny, our circumstances have now changed which means he will be alone for majority of day into the night and i am trying to juggle my work but can't cope with it. He deserves a home that can give him the time he needs with his owners, he isn't short of love, just time, I hope u can help unsure.gif

Your rehoming post says he needs a home with no other dogs. Jimglebells has a westie.
Dalsmum
QUOTE(Jinglebells @ 8th Dec 2013, 12:25 pm) *

No I haven't. Went to see a Yorkie cross yesterday but felt he was too small for us.

So still looking.....widened our search to not just a chilled collie but an breed of dog as long as it has a soft, medium length coat ( not a short haired dog lover) and is gentle and soppy not OTT, but young enough in spirit to enjoy family days out.

Home checked and ready to go. Also willing to travel smile.gif smile.gif

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=268609
moorx
Have you seen Bertie?

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=268594
Jinglebells
Ahhhhh. But it says an adult only family. I have two children 9 and 13 x
Dalsmum
Have yo seen Mowgli

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...268688&st=0
SamCarer83
Hi, would you consider Achillies ?? smile.gif
Jinglebells
Hi there, thanks for the suggestions. Mowgli is lovely but too short haired for us I am afraid.

Where would I find Achilles?

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.