Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Share Your Weird Crosses!
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
Goblins
This thread is completely inspired by GSDSian's lovely Rocket, who is a German Shepherd crossed with a Chinese Crested.

I have to admit that I'm fascinated by unusual crossbreeds. In another life, if I wasn't so aware of the rescue dog situation here and in Europe I would probably be the worst kind of backyard breeder because I would want to get all kinds of breeds and mix them to see what happened. Bearded collie crossed with EVERYTHING! Poodle crossed with EVERYTHING! Lots of fluff. wub.gif I wouldn't encourage it for a second if I knew of anyone who was considering breeding their dog for the same reasons, but I have to admit that if I ever came across a beardie/poodle cross in rescue that fit with my family, I'd have a jolly hard time saying 'no'.

So feed my mad scientist tendencies! Share your unusual crossbreeds here so that I can stop wondering what an Irish Wolfhound crossed with a Pekingese might look like. wink.gif
algernonfatpants
oooohhh I asked this question years ago after seeing a picture of a jack Russel rottweiler cross, some one did have a pic, of a german/mex hairless cross that was very odd, and mostly naked.
Gnomes
Hattie is a staffie x GSD and my old dog Sadie was a Corgi x JRT x Collie
Carolynleah
I had a gorgeous little ginger dog called Meg, who was a cross between a bull terrier and a jack russell - a very large bull terrier (the mum, thank goodness) and the smallest jack russell I have ever seen - she was given to me by my son whose friend owned the bull terrier. She was about the size of a cocker spaniel, with a short coat with spiky bits on top, long whiskers, and a bump on her nose - as if the domed head of a bull terrier had slipped slightly! She had very big ears that stood straight up. I suppose looking at her objectively she wasn't exactly beautiful, but she had the most gorgeous nature wub.gif Sadly she died of a massive reaction to the anaesthetic when being spayed, aged just 2.
doggroomer
Someone in the local village had pups that were the accidental mating of a Lab (mother) and Border terrier (father). The owner thought the little one wouldn't be able to reach to mate (I believe the Mother was spayed after the birth, thankfully). The results were sort of Scottie looking dogs with various leg lengths unsure.gif

Chris
kilmousk
Staffy x Border Terrier or more commonly known as Scottish Hyena

fergie
We see a beautiful, big dog on our walks sometimes. She is so calm and gentle wub.gif When I got chatting to the owners I asked what she was and they told me she is a leo x akita x spanish hound. She mostly looks like an athletic leo though smile.gif
Beaky
Sasha.

Who knows what she is.

She is about cocker spaniel size, but quite long bodied. She is also quite solid and heavy for her size.
Gnasher
Molly is an American Cocker Spaniel crossed with a Toy Poodle

She was rehomed after her first owners struggled to cope with her

Sydney is a Belgian Shephered (Malinois) crossed with a JRT

... and accident with owners assuming it could not happen - and then giving up the resultant single pup
Brammie
This is Poppy. Collie in every way... apart from her legs lol.gif

wub.gif
ChrissyBob
Alfie - Collie x samoyed wub.gif

nikirushka
Raine - lab X belgian shepherd (malinois). All mali in her head!

River - lab X border collie. Not an unusual mix by any means but the only black and tan one I've seen, and the only one in her litter with no white at all wub.gif All collie in her head lol.gif

Jolly (friend's dog) - JRT x whippet wacko.gif Terrier brain on speed lol.gif
kittypimms
QUOTE(Beaky @ 23rd Mar 2012, 6:33 pm) *

Sasha.

Who knows what she is.

I do. She is lush smug.gif

Dinodog. part Dalmatian (possibly), part English Setter (probably). All big, snoggy, burpy, dribbly handsome old dude wub.gif

wheelygirl
No pics unfortunately but a few years back I remember bumping into a chap who had the most incredible looking dog. Only 5 months old but ginormous already with dinner plate sized paws, he was a bull mastiff x bloodhound.

He was the most beautiful silver grey colour with a bull mastiff face but huge long ears of a bloodhound & the gentlest nature. I always wondered how he turned out as an adult & how big he ended up!
nicky H
Boxer Cross Jack Jussell (Jack in a Box)

mrs phas
i have a picture on my fb of a boxer x chinese crested hairless
pendragons
My sister is a dog walker and one of her clients - for the last 7 years, has been a Chinese Crested x Sheltie unsure.gif
It's a little barsteward and has bitten her several times, as well as another local dogwalker who was brave enough.

Anyone breeding that combination is bananas. Anyone buying one is certifiable, and as to comitting to walk it every day for 7 years without danger money, well....that deserves the George Cross! lol.gif
Vera
The stranges mix I have ever seen was a dachshund x greyhound... Difficult to describe... a bit like a greyhound on short legs, very strange looking but lovely. smile.gif
GSDSian
Rocket

German Puff. lol.gif

Ali (Seth's Servant) has Doris Fruitbat who is also a German Puff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.