Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Entropian
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
bonniebird
Hi all, my friend has just taken on a gorgeous L/H Chihuahua from a family who's Mastiff didn't get on with him, when she got there they told her that he has had an "op" for entropian in his right eye. His right eye is a bit "winky" and wet underneath. He will be visiting her vet as soon as, but for now do they pluck the eyelashes out? Is there anything that can be done to help alleviate the irritation?
Thanks smile.gif
ann2k
Im sure they do an operation to help the eyelashes if you google it, then you should get a result, cant remember what it's called.
ann2k
i might have got that wrong, but found this dont know if it any help smile.gif
http://www.televets.com/articles/dogs/entropion-in-dogs.html
Kougar
my chow has had the op for entropian on one eye and from time to time she gets a wet eye even though there are no eyelashes going into the eye can your friend see if the eyelashes are still going into the eye if so the op might not have been a success and may need another or it might just be a slight eye infection i wouldnt pluck the eyelashes out good luck in your new home little man
bonniebird
QUOTE(Kougar @ 9th Mar 2012, 8:14 pm) *

my chow has had the op for entropian on one eye and from time to time she gets a wet eye even though there are no eyelashes going into the eye can your friend see if the eyelashes are still going into the eye if so the op might not have been a success and may need another or it might just be a slight eye infection i wouldnt pluck the eyelashes out good luck in your new home little man

Ooh no we wouldn't pluck, just wondered if thats what the vets do, his top eyelashes look normal and I can't see any on his bottom lid err.gif hope it is an infection, thanks all xxx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.