Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eight-month Old Malamute Bitch
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
molevole
Sorry if I shouldn't put this in chatter but have read the criteria for rescue forums and I don't fit, as it's not my dog. My behaviourist is asking everyone she knows if anyone can help find a place for this girl, as she has been returned to the breeder for being 'a bit snappy' (don't know how snappy; it's alleged that she has been abused) and the breeder is going to have her put down instantly, ie. tomorrow afternoon, without trying to find any other option. Vets are desperate not to do it and asking for help. My behaviourist (very highly qualified, folks!) is willing to go and assess the dog, give free advice, and give practical help if the dog is rehomed or fostered locally near Hastings/Bexhill, East Sussex. Can anyone suggest anything? Thank you.
Animal Magic
Have you tried Malamute rescue?

edit- Do you know if she is spayed and whether or not she is KC registered?
molevole
Hi - will try to find out.

I'm told the breed rescues won't help 'because of insurance': I assume this is because the dog is said to be snappy.
Animal Magic
Do you have details/ a contact number for someone who has actually met her? I'd like to know more about what 'a bit snappy' means if possible.
molevole
Have pm'd you.
Ziggyandco
Have Pm'd you with some contact details of a rescue who wil probably help

Tracy
Animal Magic
This girl has been offered a placement with Malamute rescue but as of yet no one has been in touch with the actual owners. Fingers crossed they're willing to sign her over.
molevole
I'm all behind - could you let me know how this happened? Sounds hopeful!
kestla
Cos Animal Magic "Kerrie" is just a bit GOOD wink.gif

Fingers crossed from here that this puppy gets to Malamute rescue as I know they are very good.

molevole
Oh, this is amazing, you're all wonderful. Yes, fingers crossed for more news.
Animal Magic
One of the vet nurses at the practice is taking this girl home with a view to finding her a permanent home with one of their family members.

Fingers crossed that everything works out for Blade. smile.gif
kestla

I hope it all works out for this puppy and she doesn`t have too many problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.