Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harvey Has Been Travelling
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
pdb1980
I came home last night to find a note posted through the letter box which read as follows

Hiya!

Joanne Here (my next door neighbor)

I just thought I would let you know that Harvey has been coming to visit us for the past couple of weeks!

Its not a problem but I am just worried that he may get over our gate as it is not much bigger than he is!

Jo x

It would appear that Harvey has eaten the fence near the bottom of the garden (just out of sight) and has been popping of for a cup of tea and a chat with next door then when he is finished making his way back across!

Cue a bottle of wine and a thank you card for neighbor and a trip for me to the local DIY shop form some wood and nails to block the escape route.
Devil
oh Harvey - you little tinker wub.gif It was nice of your neighbours to let you know (and be so understanding).
kestla
Little Monkey lol.gif lol.gif
How kind of Harvey to go visiting wub.gif wub.gif

Maya my Pom found she could get under the top old laid hedge and squeeze through the sheep netting on the other side but couldn`t/ wouldn`t come back.
I stopped that mighty quick after an hour or two desperately trying to find her as there are miles of fields and a wood behind my house.
The bigger ones couldn`t get out but she could rolleyes.gif
cammyboo
QUOTE(kestla @ 19th Feb 2010, 10:45 am) *

Maya my Pom found she could get under the top old laid hedge and squeeze through the sheep netting on the other side but couldn`t/ wouldn`t come back.
I stopped that mighty quick after an hour or two desperately trying to find her as there are miles of fields and a wood behind my house.
The bigger ones couldn`t get out but she could rolleyes.gif

Shouldn't but lol.gif lol.gif

Harvey, tell your mummy you are encouraging the neighbours to rescue their own doglet, you were just being an ambassador grin.gif
pdb1980
QUOTE(cammyboo @ 19th Feb 2010, 11:21 am) *

Shouldn't but lol.gif lol.gif

Harvey, tell your mummy you are encouraging the neighbours to rescue their own doglet, you were just being an ambassador grin.gif

Mummy just laughed at me but its daddy who is sorting out the fence and didnt look look to pleased with me coz I was covered in mud and stuff when he got home to find the note mind you I got a lovely shower out of it so i's be smelly woffley now
joolsh9
I think we need a picture of Harvey.......plllleeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee smile.gif lol.gif
Caoimhe-Blyss
When we was trying to sort all holes out in the garden our next door neighbour was frequently coming round clutching a ball of black and white jack russell laughing with the words of i think he got out again.

Luckily they were understanding and even went as far to locking their gate so if he did get out he wouldnt be able to go far.

Bless them
pdb1980
QUOTE(joolsh9 @ 19th Feb 2010, 11:49 am) *

I think we need a picture of Harvey.......plllleeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee smile.gif lol.gif

Ask and you shall receive

Cold Feets

I just woke up stop taking pictures

Indestructible my backside

In Granma's Back garden looking or regal and posh

sapphire3
Oh goodness, what a lovely dog! And bigger than I had been imagining.
pdb1980
QUOTE(sapphire3 @ 19th Feb 2010, 12:33 pm) *

Yeah he is not small which makes it even funnier
Miss_P
lol.gif well at least he's making friends.
our little godsend
I had visions of Harvey being a Labrador and him visiting next door for his (second) breakfast every morning lol.gif lol.gif
simbasmum
Oh bless him, he's gorgeous by the way! wub.gif

I was dogsitting my MIL's dog (a super friendly staffy) not so long ago (I had her for 2 weeks while she was on hols). I was unloading the shopping from the car and I accidentally shut Shabba outside, not realising she'd followed me out.

When I couldn't find her I was beside myself and I was running around the area yelling for her, tearful of course.

A young boy came up to me and asked 'have you lost a brown dog?'.. turned out, she'd gone up the cul de sac and into the first open door she found, wandered in wagging and got on their sofa for a nap.

Luckily they're one of the families on our street that have a dog (a boxer) so they thought it was funny, but I definitely learned a lesson about a wandering pooch! rolleyes.gif
pdb1980
QUOTE(simbasmum @ 19th Feb 2010, 3:04 pm) *

Oh bless him, he's gorgeous by the way! wub.gif

I was dogsitting my MIL's dog (a super friendly staffy) not so long ago (I had her for 2 weeks while she was on hols). I was unloading the shopping from the car and I accidentally shut Shabba outside, not realising she'd followed me out.

When I couldn't find her I was beside myself and I was running around the area yelling for her, tearful of course.

A young boy came up to me and asked 'have you lost a brown dog?'.. turned out, she'd gone up the cul de sac and into the first open door she found, wandered in wagging and got on their sofa for a nap.

Luckily they're one of the families on our street that have a dog (a boxer) so they thought it was funny, but I definitely learned a lesson about a wandering pooch! rolleyes.gif

Harvey has done that before to he does not quite grasp the whole 'boundaries' thing yet
pdb1980
QUOTE(our little godsend @ 19th Feb 2010, 2:46 pm) *

I had visions of Harvey being a Labrador and him visiting next door for his (second) breakfast every morning lol.gif lol.gif

To be fair there is a bit of Lab in there and some staffie and some mastiff, we think anyways lol.gif
our little godsend
Well there you go then! He obviously needed a second breakfast tongue.gif lol.gif Just out of curiosity, did she fed him? I probably would have ninja.gif lol.gif
pdb1980
QUOTE(our little godsend @ 19th Feb 2010, 3:19 pm) *

Well there you go then! He obviously needed a second breakfast tongue.gif lol.gif Just out of curiosity, did she fed him? I probably would have ninja.gif lol.gif

No I think she just gives him a little water and he generally larks around with her to girls he mainly herds them everywhere in the back garden
cammyboo
QUOTE(pdb1980 @ 19th Feb 2010, 12:27 pm) *

Ask and you shall receive

Cold Feets

He's beautiful wub.gif

QUOTE(sapphire3 @ 19th Feb 2010, 12:33 pm) *

metoo.gif

QUOTE(simbasmum @ 19th Feb 2010, 3:04 pm) *

Brilliant, I can just imagine my son's youngest staff doing exactly the same thing rolleyes.gif wub.gif
ladysmiley
Ha ha ha - I once accidentally shut mine out and when realised I was frantic. I went driving round the neighbourhood yelling his name out the car window and crying my eyes out. After half an hour or so I decided to go back and start calling everyone I could think of to report him missing. Went legging it down our drive and the next door neighbour came out and said she had been knocking but obviously I wasn't in. He had climbed in through their dog flap and gone to sleep on their dogs bed.

lol.gif
diddledog
Funny he never told you about his little trips out rolleyes.gif Hes a very handsome boy wub.gif wub.gif
Devil
yikes.gif when you said he got out under the fence I expected him to be LITLLE!!!!!

He is really scrummy wub.gif so i'm not surprised they've not complained (i know I wouldn't - in fact i'd have probably tried to dog nap him tongue.gif lol.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.