Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Erm,just Seen This On Preloved..
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
houseofboys
Posted as a response to the gumtree Rotti...
No idea if you put preloved in the same category as gumtree?? (I do to be honest) But 2 days ago I found a Dalmation dog 2yrs old looking for a new home and he is free....just had a look again and there is now a female dalmation 2 yrs old again from the same person and free....(she has had a litter I think so both un neutered I would have thought)
Tried having a better look but my browser keeps crashing...
It is advertised in Minehead,Somerset and I only found them as that is where I live...

No idea if I should have put it on here but I'm thinking of the 2 dogs welfare.They may have gone already but as I said my browser keeps crashing and won't load up preloved.

Lisa.
becks1983
Just looked it up, is this it??
2 yr old Dalmation bitch to a loving home

Type: Private Advert
Price: Free

Updated: Yesterday
Description
Sky is our 2 yr old dalmation bitch she is a very loving girl and is great around children she can be a bit bouncy and is very wary about other dogs to the point where she can be a little agressive (barking and growling) she is a beautiful girl who has already had a litter earlier this year. She is KC registered, wormed and microchipped. We need to rehome her into a loving family as work commitments mean that she is not getting the attention that she requires.

2 year old Dalmation Dog to a loving home

Eta: thats the only details i can get as i am not a member

Type: Private Advert
Price: Free
Updated: 3 days ago

Description
Neo is a 2 yrs old Dalmation Dog who needs a loving home a family member was going to have him but their circumstances have changed he is very friendly with other dogs and has a happy go lucky attitude with children his training will need continuing as he is a very active boy. He is wormed, microchipped and KC registered would make a lovely stud. My baby boy needs a loving home preferably with other dogs and children and someone who is willing to put the time and effort in him. We need to rehome him and his sister either together or separately due to work commitments meaning that they are not getting the attention that they need.
Kougar
Unfortunately there are adverts like this every day sad.gif on preloved i havejust spotted an advert from near to us for an 8 month old rottie bitch and a 2 year old male would prefer for them to go together free to a good home sad.gif as i look sad.gif at my 2 year old and 8 month old rotties sprawled all over the couches it breaks my heartthat i havent the money or room to help these babies
I just cant believe at te moment how many rotties are looking for new homes sad.gif i just hope these two are neutured but i doubt it err.gif
colliemagick
um worrying especially as he states "would make a lovely stud" err.gif
Collie Capers
As we're never going to stop these types of sites (in my humble opinion) I've decided to try a different approach. Having looked on Pre Loved recently there were over 8300 adverts for dogs and 139 for collies, most of which were for sale for one reason or another.

So I'm in the process of registering with them and running an advert for our rescue alongside all these for sale adverts. I appreciate there'll still be people selling and buying but perhaps a few might suddenly realise there's another option. In fact within hours of first registereing I was emailed by someone looking for a collie who had only been looking in places like these types of websites.

Apart from Freecycle are there any other of these sites I could look at?

Ben

Border Collie Trust GB

becks1983
QUOTE(Collie Capers @ 9th Dec 2008, 9:47 pm) *

As we're never going to stop these types of sites (in my humble opinion) I've decided to try a different approach. Having looked on Pre Loved recently there were over 8300 adverts for dogs and 139 for collies, most of which were for sale for one reason or another.

So I'm in the process of registering with them and running an advert for our rescue alongside all these for sale adverts. I appreciate there'll still be people selling and buying but perhaps a few might suddenly realise there's another option. In fact within hours of first registereing I was emailed by someone looking for a collie who had only been looking in places like these types of websites.

Apart from Freecycle are there any other of these sites I could look at?

Ben

Border Collie Trust GB

Well done and great idea. There are also pages here (devon/cornwall) like free adds and add mart
Grotbag
I don't wish to sound heartless, but rescues are full to the brim as it is at the moment and have to turn people away already without taking in more dogs from free ads.

Where does it end?
scampersmum
Especially when you look at the number of ads on just the one site for dogs. There is a chance that these dogs might go to the wrong type of home but there is also the possibility that they might be one of the lucky ones and find a nice family home. It would be lovely if rescue back up was available for all dogs in a vulnerable situation but the reality is that rescues dont have that capacity. There are all sorts of situations that dogs find themselves in that make them vulnerable and rescues help in all sorts of situations. My own personal feeling is that I would like to do any little bit that I can to help the dogs in the most vulnerable position, when they are at risk of being put to sleep in a pound or in other emergency situations. Hopefully that is not a situation that these two will end up in
Granny'n'Tank
I have to agree with Grotbag here. With things as they are, I'm afraid that we're going to have to accept that we can't save them all. Dogs are being given away - pedigree dogs with full papers - because their owners can't sell them. Dogs from rescue are rightly neutered and their KC papers retained which makes them less desirable to many people. We've got some hard decisions to make over the next few months and every one of these dogs we accept means another poundie dies!!
Tika
We rescued our dog from Gumtree. We were going to go to the rescues in the summer but then I came across this lovely girl looking for a home.

Owner even said she had loads of calls from scallys asking if she was fast and could she be mated. ohmy.gif Even though I hate gumtree ads for dogs I am glad I found my baby. Luckily her previous owners weren't desperate enough to get rid of her they gave her to anyone. They even said if we couldn't look after her to bring her back. She was lucky though. Silly people don't realise dogs and cats are living beings. I guess sometimes people genuinely are looking for a home for dogs and will only give dog away to genuine good family. Little and not often enough though
zico's mum
I must be reading Collie Capers post differently? I thought the ads he is placing were aimed at people LOOKING for dogs not rehoming them ,therefore freeing up rescue spaces?
Shanook Queen Of Alaska
Okay to play devils advocate here for a minute, I took Laska in from a free ad on preloved, so no not all people out there are bad, and it bypassed him taking up a rescue place. Some times life forces you into a bad place where you don't have too many options, sometimes people have taken on a dog they shouldn't have (too big, too much energy, needs more input than they are prepared to give) but instead of dumping the dog on the streets they try and find it a good home the only way they know how.

I have no objections to people giving their dogs away to a new home if it means they are not put to sleep for no good reason or kicked out to fend for themselves.
Yorkie Girl
Not sure if I am a bit tired & not reading this right, but I hope to doG that they did NOT breed from brother & sister!! err.gif
We need to rehome him and his sister either together or separately due to work commitments meaning that they are not getting the attention that they need.
Collie Capers
There will no doubt be some who may turn to us for help, but I suspect not many as most of the dogs are "for sale" so it's unlikely they'll give them to us or any rescue - but - who knows how many potential new owners are out there and just need a gentle nudge towards rescue.

Lets look to every avenue we can to sell ourselves - whether we like it or not we are competing for customers, so lets try and win and few of theirs wink.gif

Ben

Border Collie Trust GB
Shanook Queen Of Alaska
Just to add I never paid a penny for Laska, so I was not depriving any rescue of a rehoming donation and it's because of Laskas' Passing that I have been prompted into fostering after years of thinking about it.
houseofboys
Thanks for the replies.

In all honesty if I had the room,i'd have been there like a shot!
I must also say that at least the dogs have not been abandoned,left in some woods etc and they are trying to find them a home and not trying to make money,which is a good thing.

It would be nice if people who do have to give up their pets etc,for whatever reason, came onto a site like this to do so.

Thanks again for the replies,you all have good advice and I appreciate your opinions! smile.gif

Lisa.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.