Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dog Friendly B&bs Needed ...
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
hannahjsmith
We have the task of moving my sister and her family's belongings from Plymouth to Thurso! It will take us about a week there and back (as we live in West Wales) so I am looking for any recommendations please of dog friendly B&Bs in the above areas. I know Travelodges take dogs but we'd quite like a hearty brekky first thing!

If anyone knows of anywhere near the places mentioned above I'd be most grateful to hear from you. It doesn't have to be exactly these areas but too many miles away from the motorway would be good.

Many thanks

Hannah
pollydog
Hiya! This place is on my list of 'must dos' although not been yet. Not sure how handy for the m/way but this is the most dog friendly place I've found to date. Check out www.lownestfarm.co.uk in the Lake District.
It looks brill! x
hannahjsmith
Thanks pollydog - do you know what, I had already found that place and thought it looked great! Just wish there were more round like that!
pollydog
metoo.gif If you go, please let me have an update! x
romi
There are a couple of Travel Lodges in the Stoke area.
If you choose the one at Talke it is good motorway location and has food at hand, maybe MacDo...and a pub / eatery nearby (walking distance)....and has grass and verges for wees!!! lol.gif

Not saying the others don't have tho'

woodysmum
Wow ...that place looks great.....have added to my list to look up lol.gif

I'll have a root about re up here, don't think I know of anywhere as it's so close it's not needed.......but I can recomend another in the lakes.
They do short breaks cheap so we had one there a few weeks back....I assume with the shortage of business they'd do a one night ....worth an ask as they are soooo dog-friendly and pretty good for humans too lol.gif .

It's about ten mins off the M6...easy road...think J 36?...bottom of Windermere.
newby bridge hotel

The short break was 99 per night BUT including a beautiful evening meal and a good brekkie, in the posh restaurant if your dogs are ok left in the room, or like us with wusses, in the lovely bar, though that was like a posh restaurant and we loved it with the boys curled up under the table.
Most of the dog rooms have patiodoors leading onto a big lawn for late wees and there is a patio area outside the restaurant so you can sit there after the meal ...with the dogs ......cue excuse for piccies rolleyes.gif lol.gif

post prandial chasey while we sat on the patio wub.gif

emma s
I stayed at Low Nest Farm earlier this month. Its fantastic, it is sooo dog friendly, they are allowed in your rooms and on the beds etc just as long as you cover it. Alison also give you a bag of dog biscuits when you get there.

There i a large field to exercise the dogs in away from the sheep, and the views.......

K9LOVE
The Atholl in Dunkeld (12 miles north of Perth and on the A9) is dog friendly (or used to be as it changed hands just recently).
Much nicer setting than Perth
http://www.athollarmshotel.com/index.html

I think the Pend is too
http://www.thepend.com/index.htm
Staffordjas
Hi

We stayed in the Newby Bridge Hotel a couple of times ourselves with our dog(sadly no longer with us).

We had a patio room and also a ground floor room in an annex (we had booked a patio room specially because our dog was old & 3 legged so couldn't manage stairs,but reception put someone else in there by mistake!).

Very dog friendly no matter what size of dog and dogs very welcome in the bar.

There is also an Express by Holiday Inn in Stafford -Junction 13 of M6-which allows dogs.
Right by the motorway junction and has a couple of bars & restaurants on the same complex.
(Never stayed there but have just returned from Holiday Inn Express in Poole which was good)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.