Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puppy Mills
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
aileen ainsworth
http://humanesociety.org/hsus_field/...wv_082408.html
Why cant we do the same
---Aileen
BuffyMum
QUOTE(aileen ainsworth @ 24th Aug 2008, 11:23 pm) *

Can you check the URL - link won't work for me.

I will say however that my American friends despair at puppy mills. Recently one puppy miller shot 80 - Yes EIGHTY - dogs rather than have them vet inspected. It is a terrible situation over there. sad.gif
tazlin
I think this is working

http://humanesociety.org/hsus_field/hsus_d..._wv_082408.html
border collie
err.gif ohmy.gif 1000 dogs being cared for (or not) by one person. ohmy.gif
jaynedogs
Speechless sad.gif
rescuewoman
Thank dog they are safe now crying.gif
Greyeyes
QUOTE(BuffyMum @ 24th Aug 2008, 11:46 pm) *

I will say however that my American friends despair at puppy mills. Recently one puppy miller shot 80 - Yes EIGHTY - dogs rather than have them vet inspected. It is a terrible situation over there. sad.gif

Did you see the one a few months ago, in Chicago, I think? The rescue which went in to get the animals was tiny, and they literally had no room for them all. The city airport gave them a hangar to use, a petshop donated crates and bedding, the staff from a local groomers' came in and bathed and clipped all the dogs, free of charge, on their own time - it was a real community effort. Very heartening.
Elainew
Unfortunately the USA has an enormous unwanted dog problem, these may be safe but there are thousands pts in punds every day sad.gif
BuffyMum
QUOTE(tazlin @ 25th Aug 2008, 12:42 am) *

Thanks tazlin.

OMG that is almost unbelievable mad.gif

I do wish more could be done here, and abroad, to stop this. My MP and MEP are probably sick of my emails (ban puppy farming, re-introduce dog licenses and removing compulsory daily acts of worship from schools), but I feel another email coming on.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.