Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camping At Aboyne
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
Brenna
We are back! I was brave enough to take Benny dog to a campsite and he was an angel. wub.gif Frankie was as ever also an angel. In the end we went to Aboyne Loch Caravan Site in my mate's (very) luxury tent.

The view out of our tent

There was a covered area with a wood burning stove which we used on the rainy evenings

Benny was really good and joined several of the regulars, including one other dog, in that in the evenings without problems. His bestest friends were the lady who owned Corrie the 11 month old black lab and Chris, who owns one of the static caravans with his wife and their two rescue spaniels. They had their 42 wedding anniversary while they were there and had owned rescue dogs for the whole of thier married life.

Frankie surprised me by walking into water for the first time ever

Benny found a rock (and got laughed at by Frankie

but he didn't care because he liked his rock

Brenna
I tried to get a picture of Benny standing looking noble on a ridge with a gorgeous view in the background

I got there second time round

We found a lovely sheltered spot for lunch

Benny had a nap

Brenna
Frankie had way more stamina than Benny

We found a pyramid (Prince Albert's Cairn)

My friend managed to get a photo of me (a very rare sight)

Benny did cute (again)

Another gorgeous view

shortl
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif I luffs Benny and Frankie, Frankie and Benny wub.gif wub.gif

Looks like a brill time! Cold but lovely ll the same, brill views!
AnnW
Wow - looks like a stunning place for walks!
Beaky
Wow, what a place! ohmy.gif

Benny I think you're fab wub.gif Frankie too of course wub.gif
cindere528
Stunning views & gorgeous doglets wub.gif wub.gif
Sammi P
Looks really lovely Frankie & Benny wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
sars x
Beautful pictures - love the one of Frankie laughing at Benny tongue.gif wub.gif lol.gif
Really glad you haf a lovely time flowers.gif
Brenna
I am sooo proud of Benny. A year ago if we had taken him to a campsite there would have been Benny shaped holes in the tent and several people would have been chased for their lives, he would have barked at every noise all night and I would probably have been chucked out for his behaviour being walked through the site if I had for all the other offences. He was able to share space in the evening with other people and dogs and mooch around getting cuddles from people. Admittedly we only saw kids on the last night (when people in a camper van decided they didn't want their space and parked perched on a tiny rough patch right next to us rolleyes.gif ). He growled a bit under his breath, but really wasn't too bad. angel.gif

He was also an angel.gif about sharing a tent (2 sleeping compartments) with my friend too, which is not bad for a dog who didn't used to like men, although he is generally very good with this friend.
glenyskent
what great pics smile.gif

love the pyramid, did you climb it lol.gif

tigerseye
Lovely pix. Lovely dogs too.

I like how you are dressed like we are usually dressed when camping in the summer - woolly hat and waterproofs lol.gif

I must make a holibob thread too unsure.gif
DooBlog
Looks like you had a great time, love the photos and really love your gorgeous dogs. wub.gif I think you should also be proud of yourselves that Bennys come such a long way. smile.gif
jaynedogs
Lovely just lovely wub.gif
Gnasher
Looks like a fab place and the dogs are both gorgeous wub.gif wub.gif well done Benny for behaving so well wub.gif yay.gif
jotel
lovely pics, glad you had a good time. we took woody camping once, we lasted one night and it nearly caused a divorce so well done!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif
romi
Saw this earlier, but was so blown away by the gorgeous pics that I forgot to post lol.gif
amber
Wow - gorgeous place - I've never been to Aboyne, even though it's not far from here!! I must take the dogs there sometime - I draw the line at camping though lol.gif . Petra would hate to be without her double bed rolleyes.gif

What a star Benny is, bet he really enjoyed his wee holiday! Lovely pic of you as well.
I Love MY Cookie
What great pictures. Frankie wub.gif & Benny wub.gif look like they had a fab time.

Katherine

XXX
magsy
Great pics and lovely dogs. I do enjoy looking at holiday pics. Gives me ideas for ours. Mags smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.