Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Need A Name
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
Pages: 1, 2
Jo@thewilderness
Name suggestions needed please for "I was called Ollie but it is too close to Holly and I don't know it anyway" or this young man is in danger of thinking his name is *wee fella* lol.gif And I can't pass on a foster with a name like that so I'd have to keep him rolleyes.gif

In the house we currently have Charles, Holly, Meggie Moo Poo and Maggie is coming to stay in a couple of weeks. Then the house cats are Bess, Boo, Nosey, Itsy, Gobbolina, Tom, Lunar and Fatty Boy. Susie arrives next week hopefully wub.gif

So come up with a name for me please - and one that I don't feel a complete fool standing in the garden yelling lol.gif He is a real little character, rather norty and lots to learn but bright and willing.

I'm struggling to get photos - he and Holly won't stop playing - but here are a couple

doglover
...and you don't mind standing in the garden shouting Meggie Moo Poo, Gobbolina and Fatty Boy lol.gif

PS: Your foster is gorgeous. I am useless at names by the way so I will let others be imaginative.
Kougar
With ears like that startreck springs to mind the perfect name for this little man Spock lol.gif
jennybloggs
Chester? doesnt sound too much like any of the others and not too embarassing (but if you are happy to call out meggy moo poo and gobbolina.. I guess the choice in that dept is pretty wide!)
jennylm
His ears are just like my oh's nan's dog Mikey - which is an ace name for a dog
dogdays
We've just been through this painful procedure with dog number 3.
Here's a list as compiled by my family!

Monty Bart Archie Rupert Jonesy Mike Mac Max Bing Bingo Basil Bruno Roger Bertie Boris Oscar Bruce Rolf Ralf Raffles Gus Skipper Patches Freddie Hoagie Marco Mario Reggie Mitch Ned Nick Noah Rudy Percy Perry Pip Rex Ricky Rob Roy Rufus Rus Ryan Leo Pepi Rory Scout Theo Tim Travis Troy Sean Zeppo Zippy Sean Sid Sol Spencer Hugo Vincent Victor Wallace Bingly Yoyo Zippy Zac Zebedee Fitzwilliam Rolo Roly

blink.gif In the end I had to let OH choose as he was adamant, and had been so good about No. 3 arriving anyway.

Best of luck!
Carm
How about Toba or Tulsa...a couple of names of a previous dogs in the family.
eloisecherry
He is lovely!

How about Barker - a dog in the village is called that and it always makes me smile! lol.gif Or how about Hoy, Wiggins or Ainsley in recognition of our medal winning olympians?
sweetie
So if we can't find a name he gets to stay with you ??? wink.gif

Difficult one this will have to have a think.. lol.gif
magsy
I'm no use unless I can see the dog. I need to see the name fits.
I have tended to stay with the names they had when they came except for Jessie who was Bessie when she came. I didn't think it suited her so changed to tess to start with and then jessie as that seemed to stick.Callie became Callie after my son said he didn't want to shout Mollie?? Men!

However we have in the past had boys called benji,tobi and Tuffy. Good luck as it's a hard decision. Mags smile.gif
Pricivius
Rubbish at naming things - I used to have hamsters and they all had the craziest names!

How about Button (as in bright as a button)? Or Dingo (as he looks like a dingo to me)? Or Parker (was just thinking about how he was left in the RSPCA car park)?

That's me all out...
kestla
We need better pics please?

Oh Holly wub.gif you look to be having fun too
Pricivius
There's some more pics on Ollie's thread in Dogs Needing Homes North...

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=178659
cody
I am rubbish at choosing names err.gif but so far I like Spock & Parker ok.gif
romi
Otto?

Over The Top eeeerz smile.gif
Owlish
He looks like a Dave or a Fred to me wub.gif
Jo@thewilderness
QUOTE(doglover @ 24th Aug 2008, 7:15 am) *

...and you don't mind standing in the garden shouting Meggie Moo Poo, Gobbolina and Fatty Boy lol.gif

PS: Your foster is gorgeous. I am useless at names by the way so I will let others be imaginative.

lol.gif lol.gif
Perhaps the park then maybe - Meggie Moo Poo most often just gets Meggie there, until I forget ohmy.gif

So far he seems to like Dingo ish, OH likes Spock, and I'm so not sure. Man we met on the beach suggested Stanley (he won't do stairs, Stannah stair lift, Stan, Stanley) but I have a member of staff with that name so could get very confusing at work rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(sweetie @ 24th Aug 2008, 8:59 am) *

So if we can't find a name he gets to stay with you ??? wink.gif

Difficult one this will have to have a think.. lol.gif

Help me out please - OH will kill me. Apart from the stairs he loves food, doesn't know about cuddles yet, doesn't do water or swimming, is very collie like in the way he moves, doesn't like nasty cats, has discovered the dog windows cat flaps, is in no way house trained, drops if you try to pick him up, threw up in my car yesterday (no comments about my driving please), is causing chaos with Holly and does very stinky poos all over my floors lol.gif

He is also rather poopie lush wub.gif
romi
Not much work then rolleyes.gif
ollie and charlie and russ
eeyore wub.gif

Lin x
BC Rescue
Ok, some suggestions off the top of my head :

Whizz .. Fozzie .. Mickey .. Banjo .. Enzo .. Neo .. Rolly .. Jed .. Krtyon .. Bounder .. Chuck .. Quincy.

gem05708
How about Dobbie as in the Harry Potter elf.- cos he looks alot like my wee girl and her ears move around like the elf's. She is called Gem but we got her before the film came out.
lolbeck
What about Albert? It means noble and bright - Bert for short (that's the bright bit.)
Maddy's mama
How about Gizmo - from the film Gremlins - could be Gizzie for short? I think Dobbie's a good one too.
lucky*
Rather a boring one compared to some but how about Lucky, lucky he is safe and well, lucky that he is being looked after by you and hopefully soon he will find his forever lap, so he will be very Lucky.
Lovely boy by the way. wub.gif
Kay&Stone
What about Rafa - after the gorgeous Nadal??
jennybloggs
ah then... Chaos!
Alfienoodles
He looks like a HUGO to me....with his 'huge-o' ears and rather gorgeous face!! smile.gif
essexgirl
he looks like my brother's old dog so how about Cobber?
sweetie
As he's bouncy young pup how about tigger? from winnie the pooh. lol.gif
dennis01
How about Malcom? Or Corneal, he is a talking dog on CITV

Good luck he's gorgeous

Theresa
Grotbag
Flynn
EmmaSemple
Thank you dogdays...you have just helped me name my new addition coming in from a Welsh dog pound today! smile.gif

BINGO!

Emma
Oops
I keep thinking he looks like a Batfink...Batty for short... wub.gif
Appletonfosterhome
Batfink is a good one! Ralphie, Gremlin, Gizmo?
Valliegirl

how bout (YU KIE.) OR .KETA
NEXT WOULD b TIMBER
XXXXXXXXX

dolly daydreams
How about Waffle, tis not too far from Wee Fella.
cody
[quote name='Jo@thewilderness' date='24th Aug 2008, 11:24 am' post='2580732']
lol.gif lol.gif
Perhaps the park then maybe - Meggie Moo Poo most often just gets Meggie there, until I forget ohmy.gif

So far he seems to like Dingo ish, OH likes Spock, and I'm so not sure. Man we met on the beach suggested Stanley (he won't do stairs, Stannah stair lift, Stan, Stanley) but I have a member of staff with that name so could get very confusing at work rolleyes.gif
Help me out please - OH will kill me. Apart from the stairs he loves food, doesn't know about cuddles yet, doesn't do water or swimming, is very collie like in the way he moves, doesn't like nasty cats, has discovered the dog windows cat flaps, is in no way house trained, drops if you try to pick him up, threw up in my car yesterday (no comments about my driving please), is causing chaos with Holly and does very stinky poos all over my floors lol.gif

He is also rather poopie lush wub.gif

I like the name Dingo smile.gif

He's only a baby
kestla
I think you should call him REBEL coz that looks like it might just have kelpie in it and If it does, it will rebel lol.gif get straight to your heart and I`m dead gealious as I don`t have 1 now crying.gif

can he come visit me please? my girls will promoise not to kidnap him.
walkiesandtalkies
What about Zebedee or Yogi?
bennysmum
jinks

brodie

josh

bear

Daniellew
ok, how about any of these

Aero
Elvis
Elf
Ace
Murphy
Bugsy
Muzby - I MUST BE (hence, Muzby) crazy to adopt another dog
Disco
Taz
Odie
Rosco
Alfienoodles
I met an old chap the other week and we talked 'dogs'! smile.gif

He fondly told me about a dog the family had when they were younger.... they called him....."GUESS" !!! lol.gif

Whenever people asked the name of the new addition, they heard "Guess....".......so they'd ask again..... tongue.gif

It has grown on me!!
essexgirl
Porridge
alphafiona
Don't know why but the name Merlin came into my head when I saw him. Or Murphy.
kestla
SO does hee have a name yet? you have lots of nice ones to choose from.
Nutmeg
Among the many names that dogdays posted I like Raffles, he was a bit of a rascal on a TV programme wasnt he?

Also like Mickey.
Jo@thewilderness
Now listen here - this wee boy is not a Mikey, or an Arthur. And at Dennis he ran and hid sad.gif

OH is currently calling him Banana Fish ohmy.gif

And I can't make a decision to save my life!!! lol.gif
Sandy&Spirit
Theres a dog named "Frodo" around near me, makes me smile every time. If you can stomach shouting "Frodo!" on your walk

Good luck with your name

wub.gif
Redgypsy.
Tissy,Bunter,Bruno,Jake,Benji.

Redgypsy.
mrsk
Lugs?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.