Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pets At Home
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
Nene
Hiya

Well I've been on the hunt for a half check over the past few days for the gorgeous Zack. I like the half checks because they sit nicely and just don't seem so uncomfortable, but maybe I'm just daft cos I don't like things tight round my neck lol.gif

Anyway, went to one pet shop who didn't have any but then they didn't have much so thought nothing of it. Made a special trip to Pets at Home tonight and they had ONE half check in the super ginormous size. They apparently have completely stopped sales of all check chains and now half checks. APART from their own brand which they've put a plastic snap clasp in for some strange reason?

Irrespective of all that I was pleasantly surprised that they seem to be backing positive kit if a little annoyed that I can't find what I'm after. lol.gif

Has anyone else found this?

EAD
I dont have any faith in the collars with plastic clips as one popped open when I held Kylas collar on a walk. I always had bought her half checks from TRPD which were lovely but going into the sea so much wrecked the chain. This time I bought her a padded collar with buckle though the sea water has ruined the buckle already so im looking for something very strong that can withstand her daily dips.

Back to your question......when I did use a half check on her I found P@H and Jollyes to have very limited stock.

Nene
I know they had limited choice but I actually liked their padded half checks. I was all set to get him a nice red one cos it'd look so handsome wub.gif . I don't have much faith in plastic clasps on collars as Izzy has broken one before now. If I want a useless collar I'll get a pretty one rolleyes.gif but I don't, I want a doing things collar!

Sammi P
There are some half checks on ebay Helen smile.gif not sure if they are paddded ones though as i just had a quick squiz
padded ones http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trk...f+check+collars
Owlish
QUOTE(Nene @ 23rd Aug 2008, 10:52 pm) *

Anyway, went to one pet shop who didn't have any but then they didn't have much so thought nothing of it. Made a special trip to Pets at Home tonight and they had ONE half check in the super ginormous size. They apparently have completely stopped sales of all check chains and now half checks. APART from their own brand which they've put a plastic snap clasp in for some strange reason?

I spose that'd good really, as you do see misguided owners using them as choke chains err.gif I like half checks (Fizz snapped a leather collar and a plastic clasp collar) when they're used corrrectly. They're really easy and comfy I think.

QUOTE(EAD @ 23rd Aug 2008, 11:00 pm) *

I always had bought her half checks from TRPD which were lovely but going into the sea so much wrecked the chain.

Don't despair! Fizz has had the same TRPD navajo webbing half check for 4 years, and is regularly in the sea in summer, and water generally the rest of the year. The sea does make it a little rusty, but the rust seems to drop away after a day or two, so you could rotate the collars if you were bothered by the rusty bits?
CrazyDog
All we need now is for them to stop selling the rawhides that they import from thailand & china
Claireand Daisy
I used to get my half-checks from Wilkinsons and they`ve stopped selling them as well, so I go to Ebay now. I noticed both PAH and Wilco had loads of overpriced diamante or patterned ones though mad.gif
Nene
Yep I saw those too. I'll confess to secretly wishing I had a smaller dog with little hair so it could have a pretty collar blush.gif As it is I have a thug dog whose collar can't be seen anyway - another reason for a half-check as easier to grab without hurting her when you can't see it.

I could get Zack a pretty collar

Need proper busy nosy dog collar. Must resist pink diamonte. Especially for a handsome boy like Zack wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.