Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portsmouth Dog Attack
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
seadancer33
follow up on previous story.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/39We-feel...-pet.4416925.jp
DooBlog
Poor, poor Mable. sad.gif Lets hope justice is done and they make an example of this scumbag, it's true a dangerous dog is like a loaded gun in the wrong hands and should be judged in this way. mad.gif
Jack2007
Well no, a loaded gun in the wrong hands leads to something like the Hungerford massacre, which bears no comparison to this incident.

plymgreys
Personally, I'm quite impressed he went to the police and admitted it was his dog. OK so it should never have happened but now everyone knows who the dog and the owner are. There are plenty of 19 year olds out there who wouldn't have gone forward. Perhaps now he'll learn what it takes to be a responsible dog owner.
sally s
unsure.gif possibly not a popular view but i agree! there are lots of irresponsible and downright cruel people around who would just have dumped the dog somewhere miles away and then denied all knowledge of the incident. there doesnt seem much doubt that the dog is a danger to other dogs but i think the owner has to be given some credit for coming forward.
Matthew W
I haven't seen the previous story.

Are there any links to it? Looking at the article above, there's a lot of information missing as to what happened.
katjab
Personally, I'm quite impressed he went to the police and admitted it was his dog. OK so it should never have happened but now everyone knows who the dog and the owner are. There are plenty of 19 year olds out there who wouldn't have gone forward. Perhaps now he'll learn what it takes to be a responsible dog owner.

Wholeheartedly agree, good on him, many others older and wiser would not have. The news story reports the westie ran off and the 'attack' was not witnessed by the owners. Having known the odd westie in my time, this could well have been a case of self defence.

Interesting there is no mention of the breed of the attacker err.gif

Not knowing the background, shall reserve judgement.
boxermad1984
just what i was thinking, i would say he is a responable dog owner as he went to the police station to let them know it was his dog that attacked mabel. I dont think u would find many doing that would you?
Jack2007
QUOTE(Matthew W @ 22nd Aug 2008, 7:39 pm) *

I haven't seen the previous story.

Are there any links to it? Looking at the article above, there's a lot of information missing as to what happened.

Here's the original story. Just don't expect it to fill in much missing information. They couldn't even get the victim dog's breed correct.
Matthew W
Thanks.

Yep, still loads of missing info.

Looks like a tragic accident.
katjab
Hmmm, reports are conflicting not least the injured party reported as a yorkie pup whilst picturing a full grown westie.

Reserving judgement err.gif
Roxy Roodle
I'm impressed by the 19yo. They are being responsible and adult by going to the police. I hope they do not lose their dog because of their honesty. It is very sad that the Westie was injured but I don't think a dog aggressive dog falls under the DDA and if the owner has enough of a conscience to go to the police and own up they are likely to be responsible enough to keep their dog under control in the future so no further attacks can happen, even if it was by accident.
amber
Hmm, the original article reports that the attacking dog 'appeared to break free from its owner', which suggests that it was on a lead, but either broke the leash, or pulled it out of the owner's hands err.gif

Sounds like the attack was maybe an accident but clearly a dog that aggressive requires muzzling and better (more secure) equipment if being walked in public.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.