Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Had A "senior Moment"
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
tara rara
Yesterday morning I had to go to a funeral, half way through the service I suddenly couldnt remember letting my dog Tia back in the house ohmy.gif ohmy.gif it started raining so heavy we could hear it on the church roof. Tia is a staffie that hides under the dinning room table rather than go out in the rain,so I decided to sneak out of church and drive the four miles back home to check she was ok, to find her fast asleep on her fav chair in the conserveatory ,so I must have let her in and dont remember. I managed to get back to church for the end of the service .
Just wandered if anyone else had done something simular or am I the only one thats going bonkers rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
dufuslara
Similar but a LOT worse. Every morning I have the same routine with Piglet. Exactly the same (except on weekends where we both get a lie in.) I get up, shove her out of my (read HER) bed, force her down the stairs - she's very lazy. She eats breakfast while I shower. She then races back up to my bed, under the duvet, and once I am dressed, I then force her down the stairs again, force her down the back stairs, out to the garden, she does her business, and runs straight back up to bed, under the duvet, head on pillow again rolleyes.gif
Anyway. One morning....I just...went to work ninja.gif
I don't know what happened - I've done the same thing for almost 5 years...and I think I just forgot I had a dog... ohmy.gif
I got showered, got dressed, walked out the door.
I sat at my computer for about 10 minutes before I was thinking: there is something very wrong with today - what is it?
Needless to say, I rushed back home, panicking and crying about being a bad mother.
And Piglet? Well, need I tell you where she was? Under the duvet. Fast asleep. She hadn't woken up yet. lol.gif
Sometimes I think I'm deffo going senile.
Maddy's mama
Not quite the same thing, but I have driven 6 miles home from work because I couldn't remember switching off my hair straightners. I'm not worried about the house burning down, just that Maddy would be trapped inside ohmy.gif I now have a little (crazy) routine where I tell myself what I'm doing - locking doors, switching off iron etc... - as I walk around the house, this helps me to recall doing it later - Gosh, I sound barmy lol.gif
spanielgodmother
How funny, I did exactly the same with my straighteners this morning.

As Maddy's mama said, the house, I could live with but the thought of my Milly (pusscat) in there... err.gif

I had got about 3 miles from home...turned around in a very muddy farm turning on a main road yikes.gif and put my foot down. Of course, I had turned them off anyway! rolleyes.gif

I then got stuck behind a car doing 35 mph on a main road with no opportunity to overtake and was very late for work!

If I'm like this at 30 then is there hope for me?! lol.gif
Lakeyxbuster
nearly everyday i have to turn back and go home to check i shut the door properly,. and get images of buster running free round the street and busy road!

Im 23! rolleyes.gif
lindyloutoo
For some uunknown reason when letting out and feeding my outside animals the other morning I completely forgot to let out the chickens !! I've had them for about two years and follow the same routine every morning. It wasn't until about lunchtime I looked out of the kitchen window and wondered where they all were. After searching all round the garden for them I suddenly realised I could hear a lot of clucking from the house !!

Boy did I feel guilty.
Redgypsy.

Oh great, it's nice to know I am not alone. lol.gif

Redgypsy.
Dennis99
Drove the dogs to the beach one day in OH's car, walked home a different way and wondered why her car wasn't on the drive so had to walk all the way back to get it! rolleyes.gif
sweetie
straightners do it for me as well.. rolleyes.gif

Kay&Stone
It is a straighteners thing.....did I switch them off....I think so....no....just go home & check....yes...
I Love MY Cookie
When I had Mitzi (Cavalier) i would always double and treble check everytime I left the house to make sure she hadn't sneaked out behind me.

The door always creaks when I lock it and every day without fail I would lock it..hear the creak..think it might be the sound of Mitzi having got out..open the door again and check rolleyes.gif

Katherine

XXX
Sullysmum
Im always worrying i havent shut something but am usually okay as i do it in steps ( yes im ocd).One day hubby says 'did you lock the bathroom window ( we live in a bungalow) we were already out on the bus and about three towns away from where we live, we had to wait for the next bus, travel all the way back the long way round and yes when i got home the window was locked! rolleyes.gif
Scally Waggler
QUOTE(Maddy's mama @ 22nd Aug 2008, 10:30 am) *

Not quite the same thing, but I have driven 6 miles home from work because I couldn't remember switching off my hair straightners. I'm not worried about the house burning down, just that Maddy would be trapped inside ohmy.gif I now have a little (crazy) routine where I tell myself what I'm doing - locking doors, switching off iron etc... - as I walk around the house, this helps me to recall doing it later - Gosh, I sound barmy lol.gif

Oh wow Meeeee Tooooo !

Staighteners!!! ohmy.gif Its coz they are still hot, so you think, "well I'll put them away before I leave! Then forget!! rolleyes.gif The have to go back coz the animals may be trapped in an inferno.... but they never are as you've always pulled the plug out of switched them off! But you can't take that chance can you rolleyes.gif lol.gif
Philip Turner
Front door routine...

lock door

go to car

think...did I lock the front door

check front door

go to car

Every single bloody time lol.gif rolleyes.gif
Maddy's mama
lol.gif Absolutely Philip! I'm now thinking my crazy routine isn't so crazy after all!
bessie's family
ive done the straightners more than once

forgotten i had actually let the dog out

called the dog by an olds pets name who died around 7 years ago bless her

and im 18 lol.gif
gailshay
I have just shown OH this thread in the hope of convincing him I am not alone with the "hair striaghtners" tongue.gif

Everytime we go out together we have to head home again but if I am alone I know I have unplugged them.

We had to head home from a wedding once, it was just about halfway through and there was an almighty thunder storm, I thought of our oap staffie (rip) indoors and suddenly couldn't remember letting him back in, couldn't ring good old mum as she was at wedding too!! Drove the 40 miins home and there he was fast asleep under the table err.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.