Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Are The Chances Of Finding A Missing Dog?
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
wendykayla
Hi

I have posted on the lost dog section of a Black lab Bitch local to me that has gone missing / stolen sad.gif

Her story has really got to me and this is the first missing dog I have really known so would apprecaite your views, Is it likely a dog will turn up following 5 days?

She is a farm dog but treated very much like a pet and is very much loved and well cared for, sadly she is and un-spayed female and is un-chipped.

I have all sorts of awful thoughts of her been in the wrong hands, No Found dogs have been reported to the local wardens or dog home sad.gif

I hope so much she will be found well. Really do feel sad for anyone missing a dog / for the missing dogs must be awful

Wendy x
friends of the animals
My little girl went 5 years ago and was chipped etc. There are lots of dogs that do turn up though and sometimes people don't report it if they find one straight away. Fingers crossed this one will turn up safe and sound.
romi
Yes, there is a good chance
Recently, well this year anyway, I bored the Lounge with my frantic hopes that a lost beardie would be captured.
She was free for 1 month.
Owlish
Sorry, I've no advice or experience, but I do hope she's found swiftly hug.gif
ajs
It would depend upon the circumstances of her disappearance I expect.

My friend had a dog scared away by fireworks. There was lots of frantic searching for days but no sign of the dog. But then the dog turned up in the garden of someone in a nearby street, a week later.

Hope your friend's labby is found soon.
wendykayla
Thank you

Sadly no sightings or information. This dog seems to have vanished into thin air sad.gif

I took a ride around the local traveller sight Today as this is near to where to dog went missing. Im not accusing but it has been known for them to help themselves to dogs mad.gif

No sign of this dog there but 3 other dogs where living in dreadful conditions sad.gif

Im glad I have a patio door overlooking my garden to see the dogs when they are out. It is a scary thought that this dog may have been taken from her owners own land crying.gif

Crazycocker

It's also worth badgering the police stations and dog wardens every day, not just in the area but further afield too.

A little Cocker Spaniel was spooked and escaped from her garden - she ended up on a travellers site, but they got bored of keeping her in and eventually she was picked up by a police officer and returned to her frantic owner 4 months later - It's not always doom and gloom
friends of the animals
smile.gif
QUOTE(wendykayla @ 22nd Aug 2008, 6:52 pm) *

Thank you

Sadly no sightings or information. This dog seems to have vanished into thin air sad.gif

I took a ride around the local traveller sight Today as this is near to where to dog went missing. Im not accusing but it has been known for them to help themselves to dogs mad.gif

No sign of this dog there but 3 other dogs where living in dreadful conditions sad.gif

No chance of liberating them is there? smile.gif
loueze01
Please DO NOT give up on this dog! Poster, go to the police everyday, get it into the press, make sure its on everybodies mind!!

The reason I say this, when Ice was stolen there wasn't one sighting, not one follow up till the day we found her. 11 months after she was stolen, 150 miles away from home. There is always a hope!!!

Please also check Alfies Lost Dogs

I wish you every luck in your search, do not give up on the girl, your everything she needs right now!

Good Luck hug.gif flowers.gif

Lou xxx
Koshka
Its a terrible situation to be in. I have spent many, many hours helping to look for lost dogs, and sadly some of them are never found sad.gif You follow leads which may or may not be false. You get your hopes up, only to be dashed.

The last dog I helped to look for was a terrier who had run off from his new owners in the village. He was on the loose for a few weeks and apart from occasionally turning up by their house to scrounge food, he kept very well hidden. It turned out he was never more than a few hundred yards away, lying up. He was eventually caught.

I would say to try and find an 'angle' to the story, to get the local paper interested as the best chance will be letting as many people know that she is lost.

Good luck.
wendykayla
Thank you all for the advice smile.gif

Sadly still no update or sighting. I have a bad feeling about the traveller place, I know a couple of them through walking near to where they keep horses and do chat with them so will keep my eyes open for any new dogs even though they do mainly have terriers and lurchers

I have also noticed today a sight of none permenant travellers on some local farm land which worries me also.

This dog never strayed from it home and the owner has many acres of which the dog is familiar with. I have a bad feeling that she is with someone and not loose. I just hope it is with someone kind or that my feelings are wrong sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.