Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wee Sample
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
dogmad
I suspect my Lab girlie has a urinary tract infection and we have an appointment with the Vet this morning. I thought I might take a sample with me, but I don't have the proper sterile bottle for it, does that matter? Also, should I store it in the fridge until I go to the Vet? smile.gif
cloversmum
Wash out a jar/sealable container with boiling water (no soap). Do not put the sample in the fridge.

My bridge girl had many weeks of urinary tract infection and lots of samples had to be taken in over that time - the testing was absolutely fine as long as the container was clean.

We eventually cracked the infection problem with a completely different set of antibiotics. She had 3 courses which cleared it up whilst she was taking the tablets but it came back as soon as she stopped the course. The infection only went completely when we changed antibiotics to a much stronger and different type. I hope you can get your girl sorted out quickly as it's so uncomfortable for them.
dogmad
Thanks for that, I washed out a tupperware container in hot water (no soap) and have used that. She does look very sorry for herself poor girl. Glad you girl is sorted now. smile.gif
tracybirduk
When our little one kept getting infections, she was only a pup and i had terrible trouble getting a sample! I used to use a plastic sandwich bag !! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
I would just dart it under mid stream and the vet thought it was a good idea...
Did feel a bit of a plonker walking in with a bag full of pee though lol.gif
(I think some people thought i had taken 'clean up after your dog' to the extreeme!)
dogmad
QUOTE(tracybirduk @ 21st Aug 2008, 8:01 am) *

Did feel a bit of a plonker walking in with a bag full of pee though lol.gif
(I think some people thought i had taken 'clean up after your dog' to the extreeme!)

lol.gif

Well, my Vet agrees that my girl probably has a urinary tract infection and has been put on antobiotics. She seems a little brighter tonight so fingers crossed that's all it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.