Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spuds
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
sonova
my 4 month old pup has just pinched a raw spud and ate it lol.gif , i asssume not ,but will it do him any harm, would just like to check. err.gif
michellelove
My dog normally pukes up any raw vegetables that she manages to steal and eat (normally bits of carrot that fall on the floor while I'm chopping). A whole spud though, that's a bit weird!
sonova
he was sitting on his bean bag chewing a rawhide bone quiet happily, i went to the spud bag to get some potatoes and peeled them. Went back in to front room where he was still sat happily chewing what i thought was his bone. when he got up and came over to me he left about 1/4 of a spud on his bean bag, the little bugger must of came in and pinched it while i was peeling the spuds without me even noticing.
Chris.B
My young collie used to do this frequently. Never seemed to do her any harm. rolleyes.gif
sonova
QUOTE(Chris.B @ 20th Aug 2008, 6:37 pm) *

My young collie used to do this frequently. Never seemed to do her any harm. rolleyes.gif

Bud,s a collie too !!!!! wub.gif
Sandy&Spirit
Spirit has stolen 1 or 2 potatoes out of the sack before and it never seem to of done him harm
Eco Worrier
My old dog Buster used to dig up the new potatoes growing in the garden! Little devil. I don't think they did him any harm, he never used to chuck them back up or suffer at the other end.
our little godsend
Spot and Stripe (Collie x's) loved raw spuds too rolleyes.gif

I don't think spuds have any harmful effects at all, but I'm sure i remember reading once that they can be harmful if they have turned green unsure.gif
cammyboo
If I remember rightly, potatoes that have turned green can be dangerous to humans if eaten in big quantities. ohmy.gif The green part is poisonous but I think it has to be eaten by the truckload before it is harmful lol.gif
debman
dont worry my mates newfie ate a kg of raw spuds unsure.gif and was fine!! rolleyes.gif
Louisebt
I feed a nautral diet to my guys and am told its potato and carrot skins which they cant have, but if he seems fine i wouldnt worry, my pup too has stolen dropped bits and no harm done.. i believe its something to do with the skin holding any chemicals which have been used but not 100%
Sandy&Spirit
Did some research and apparently potatoes are completly fine for Doglets, although it is advised to put them through the processor before feeding it to the dogs as they have a smaller digestive track
SarahL
My parents old dog (long since departed) used to steal spuds.
Jazzlet
QUOTE(cammyboo @ 21st Aug 2008, 2:12 pm) *

If I remember rightly, potatoes that have turned green can be dangerous to humans if eaten in big quantities. ohmy.gif The green part is poisonous but I think it has to be eaten by the truckload before it is harmful lol.gif

Not true, especially if you drink any alcohol at the same time, the alkaloids in the green give you hallucinations, make you ache worse than the worse flu you've ever had and give you a terrible headache, don't risk it ohno.gif I only ate a normal prortion of potatoes that were green and it made me very ill.
sonova
thanks for the replys guys smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.