Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dog Insurance
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
seadancer33
Has anyone used More Than
seadancer33
someone in my bank said she used More than dog ins. i have looked into a quote and it looks quite good. have looked at insurance on these pages but dont recall this one being mentioned
Spinbo
My two are insured with More Than. It's 27.99 per month each.

They get up to:
£7000 vet fees inc alternative medicine.
£600 death from injury
£600 death from illness before age 9
££600 loss of dog from theft or straying
££600 to advertise if lost or stolen
£600 kennel fees if I have to go into hospital
£1250 pet holiday protection
£2 million 3rd party liability

I chose it because of the alternative medicine.

Luckily I haven't had to claim on it so far so no idea what they're like re paying up.

Hope that's some help. smile.gif

Forgot to add there's 24 hour access to medical advice on Vet Phone
magic
Two of mine are with them, I moved from M&S when they became uncompetitive so this is our first year.

They have just turned around a claim in a week with no problems so I'm pleased with them so far smile.gif

(If you are taking out a policy with them I have a voucher from them that will entitle us both to a £10 M&S gift voucher if you're interested)
seadancer33
thanks for replies, i think i will be insuring with them, trying to find if its life cover will look into, will get back on here, and magic the £10 gift voucher each sounds great,
seadancer33
well i phoned more than earlier and checked it really seems very good, the vets fees of £7,000 is for life and for each separate illness it is £7,000 it seems fine, and as someone said 24 hour vet call. so i think thats the one im going for less than £9 month for my Jack russell, there is a 20% discount on line, but it all seems very good
carlalabs
I would go for one that wasnt a set amount per illness, but gave you a re-newable amount per year smile.gif
locallass
Just got quite a good quote from them and can get cashback too!! lol BUT is it 7k per illness per year or 7k per illness as i imagine if something serious 7k could mount up quite quickly over a couple of years then what?
carlalabs
QUOTE(locallass @ 20th Aug 2008, 10:07 pm) *

Just got quite a good quote from them and can get cashback too!! lol BUT is it 7k per illness per year or 7k per illness as i imagine if something serious 7k could mount up quite quickly over a couple of years then what?

yes especially bigger dogs, 7k wont go very far, try AXA smile.gif
Spinbo
QUOTE(locallass @ 20th Aug 2008, 10:07 pm) *

Are you sure?

Copied from More Than site:

"MORE TH>N Pet Insurance offers:

Up to £7,000 vets fees cover for each and every new accident and illness. What’s more, your pet is covered for as long as they need the treatment, as long as they remain insured with MORE TH>N – many policies limit cover to just the first 12 months of treatment
Cover includes alternative therapies such as acupuncture and homeopathy"
Jansolo
Two of my dogs are with More Than. One I've never had to claim for, but the other have so far had to make three claims on, the last a biggie as she had to have an MRI scan following a rather scary massive fit. No brain tumour thank goodness. Treatment was 'a lot' and More Than paid up really quickly, as they did with my earlier claims. I used them because a friend of mine had a very sick dog and they paid out for continuing treatment brilliantly. They're not the cheapest and I did flinch a bit at her renewal fee last autumn, but it was nothing compared to what I'd have had to pay out in vet's fees if she wasn't insured. They do cover continuing treatment.
Dalsmum
QUOTE(Spinbo @ 21st Aug 2008, 4:17 pm) *

Are you sure?

Copied from More Than site:

"MORE TH>N Pet Insurance offers:

Up to £7,000 vets fees cover for each and every new accident and illness. What’s more, your pet is covered for as long as they need the treatment, as long as they remain insured with MORE TH>N – many policies limit cover to just the first 12 months of treatment
Cover includes alternative therapies such as acupuncture and homeopathy"

Insert' up to 7000 limit' after 'need the treatment'.

So yes, once you use up that amount for a claim there is no more cover for that condition, but you will be covered for any other condition up to the limit for each one.

Cover of an amount, renewable each year, is obviously the best cover, but is more expensive.
Lucyandmeg
Only 7000 per condition for chronic ongoing conditions isn't going to go very far. Its amazing how much some of these conditions mount up. I would go with a policy that provides renewable yearly cover instead. I am personally with m and s, not the cheapest, but have few problems with it. Pet plan again is not the cheapest, but probably the most well known and reliable. Even with m and s my dogs are cheaper than £27 each and we get renewable cover each year so i think its better value.
seadancer33
i have just had a follow up call from more than, and they will definitly pay up to £7000 for each illness, she pointed out that something like diabetis would be insured for life until the £7000 was used up but then if something else happened another £7ooo would be available and for eash and every new illness. i supose its the luck of the draw if ones dog will need it all. but with the 20% discount for £105 year, for a 4 year old healthy JR seems quite good, have looked into lots of others, and somehow think this is the one im going for.She told me it used to be the old royal insurance, i seem to remember they were around at one time. i wonder who is the underwriter for more than
magic
QUOTE(seadancer33 @ 21st Aug 2008, 7:22 pm) *

She told me it used to be the old royal insurance, i seem to remember they were around at one time. i wonder who is the underwriter for more than

Royal & Sun Alliance underwrite More Than. Another insurance to look at it is Axa, they used to underwrite M&S, and their cover is very competitive.

The only thing to be aware of with More Than is that you are not covered for some things for the first 14 days of the policy, so if you are swapping cover from another company make sure that your new policy starts 14 days before your old one expires.
seadancer33
this is the first insurance for bengie i only adopted him 4 months ago. the woman who phoned me said if you have the 20% discount on line, then you cant get any m and s vouchers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.