Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Amazing Dog That......
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
Pages: 1, 2
Yorkie Girl
Had a call Thursday evening asking if we could take a little Yorkie in. Owner died & the family did not 'want' him. I asked (just out of interest) how old he was & was told nearly 10yrs. Said we could help. Lady has just 'dropped' off the poor little one & he is now 13yrs rolleyes.gif , no teeth & has clearly got trachea problems err.gif . She really did not want to come in & sign the handover form just wanted to hand him to me in the street!!! Finally got her in & I said that he would probably go into foster care as my house is still mad at the moment what with the pups & her reply was 'I dont care where he goes' ohmy.gif As she was leaving I said 'Do you want me to let you know how he is getting on' & her reply was 'NO, I said that I really dont care what you do with him now, not my problem mad.gif '. Poor little thing is so confused. He will see the vet tomorrow to see if we can help him with his little problem & then find him a lap.
Pics to follow once he has had a bath (just a tad whiffy!!!!)
debbs7m
ohmy.gif stupid woman mad.gif and thats being polite! poor dog lucky hes with you now angel.gif

Looking forward to piccies!
Redgypsy.

Some People hit.gif Good Luck little Yorkie.

Redgypsy.
DooBlog
sad.gif Poor little chap, how can some people be so heartless? The yorkie we look after hates being left alone, sticks to my side like glue all the time and is happiest when snuggled up next to you so if this little guy is anything like him he must be feeling very sad and confused. Thank goodness he's now with someone who cares. wub.gif
clairen
just shocking! ohmy.gif

i'm not too far away from you i just realised - my aunt has had yorkies all her life just loves them she does!
Claireand Daisy
If I thought my family would be like that when I pop my clogs I`d disown the lot of them and leave it all to the dogs! How very sad. As it is, a friend and I have agreed to take each others` if needs be, but my sons would definitely keep my lot.
halfpenny
QUOTE(Claireand Daisy @ 17th Aug 2008, 4:21 pm) *

If I thought my family would be like that when I pop my clogs I`d disown the lot of them and leave it all to the dogs! How very sad. As it is, a friend and I have agreed to take each others` if needs be, but my sons would definitely keep my lot.

Might just leave it all to the dogs anyway x x x x x x x x x x

At least the wee soul is now loved and cared for x x x x
Yorkie Girl
Must have been the quickest wash & brush up I have done in ages & he tried to 'gum' me several times lol.gif lol.gif . Took the lot off him, but at least now he smells sweeter & is not knotty!!! wub.gif

mokee
Sorry, but I don't really see the problem. Not everybody is a dog lover, and at least they made sure the little old guy found a rescue spot. They could easily have just taken him for a final trip to the vets.
katjab
Ha, love the lolling tongue lol.gif I dog walk with a little yorkie who still makes the full circuit of the field at 19!
Yorkie Girl
QUOTE(mokee @ 17th Aug 2008, 4:25 pm) *

Sorry, but I don't really see the problem. Not everybody is a dog lover, and at least they made sure the little old guy found a rescue spot. They could easily have just taken him for a final trip to the vets.

The 'problem' was their attitude. I totally agree that not everybody is a dog lover, but to just not even care what happens to her fathers (who actually only died on Wednesday) faithful companion is beyond me. Oh & BTW it was the vet who gave them my number err.gif as that is where they were ohmy.gif So not a lot of effort to find him a 'rescue space' was made err.gif
cloverleaf61

Im shocked you dont see that as a problem ohmy.gif This little dog has lived with its owner (a family member)all that time, and the mans daughter can just dump him, I bet that old man expected his dog to be cared for. To me,its no different to dumping a human family member. I took my mums dog when she died, and that makes Meg even more special, as she is a connection to my mum angel.gif
Thank god there are nice people in the world who can give this little dog another home hug.gif
sweetie
poor little thing wub.gif
roxysmum
Don't be too hard on her, not everyone is a dog lover and she has just lost her Dad only a few days ago' Grief takes people in lots of different ways. For all anyone knows she could be breaking her heart inside and just wanted to get away as quickly as possible.
He is a lovely little chap reminds me of my little Oscar with his lolling tongue, hope he finds himself a lovely home soon.
romi

Please forgive me for drawing your attention to the fact that when you have been on here a little longer, and from my own brief affiliation here you may note that I am speaking of a rapid learning curve, you will no doubt observe that contributors such as YG often post about their new arrivals. They do so in their own style, conversational or observational, whatever, in the knowledge that peeps who follow with interest will enjoy reading of such arrivals, how and what manner they came to be there.
I certainly like to have a look at YG's new arrivals and while I marvel at the cold-handed attitude of those who off-load animals so detachedly, I do not make a big deal of the 'problem'. I see at as information she is sharing with us not a 'problem' we are asked to be involved in.
Look at some of the other responses and you will see what I mean. On DP you will find plenty of interesting debate, but much less of people looking to provoke. That is the tenor of the post as I read it.
He certainly looks a smart old chap now YG wub.gif
DizzyBlondie
Well I especially love the pic where he's watching the remaining Spice girls, mmmmm are they lunch or do I need to worry if they escape lol.gif He certainly looks handsome now Sue bless him he must be quite confused left his Dad, probably been staying at the daughters home until today not quite sure whats happening to him. Your expression of his gumming you whilst being bathed certainly made Neil choke on his tea when I read it out lol.gif Good luck little man a loving home is just around the corner. wub.gif

Peg x smile.gif
jaynedogs
Tiz the only thing that worries me about getting old. Nobody wants you when your old sad.gif
Rainbow Jo
QUOTE(roxysmum @ 17th Aug 2008, 5:23 pm) *

Don't be too hard on her, not everyone is a dog lover and she has just lost her Dad only a few days ago' Grief takes people in lots of different ways. For all anyone knows she could be breaking her heart inside and just wanted to get away as quickly as possible.

hug.gif You're a much nicer person than me flowers.gif

Hope this lad has a warm and comfy lap soon wub.gif
the girls mum
oh bless him, I hope he find a lovely warm lap and plenty of cuddles soon. He's adorable wub.gif

redcanary

wub.gif This piccy of him....he's wub.gif 'ly.....please give him a hug off me hug.gif

Kay&Stone
Aawww poor wee thing sad.gif
Well done you for taking him in angel.gif .
sonnyjim
Poor little Yorkie, hope he's settling in well and finds a happy home to spend the next few years wub.gif wub.gif
debbs7m
Hes gorgeous!!!!!!!! wub.gif our Ben had his tongue out like that wub.gif what will happen now are you fostering him?
Yorkie Girl
QUOTE(debbs7m @ 17th Aug 2008, 9:25 pm) *

Hes gorgeous!!!!!!!! wub.gif our Ben had his tongue out like that wub.gif what will happen now are you fostering him?

He came into me at the rescue. He will be either looking for a new mummy/daddy or a foster carer who fancies having a little old man about house rolleyes.gif . Firstly though tomorrow morning off to the vets to check out his trachea problems (well that is what it sounds like to me & I have heard a few in my time). Though having said that he has eaten very well (finely chopped chicken & ham) & had a run around with the others so it does not appear to hamper him in any way.
Dexieii
Bless his little cotton socks, the poor poor little man, he must be so confused wub.gif I really don't know how you can hold your tongue sometimes YG mad.gif
the girls mum
bless him wub.gif my beloved Poppy used to stick her tongue out at the front, she was adorably scrumptious just like he is. angel.gif
Yorkie Girl
QUOTE(Dexieii @ 17th Aug 2008, 9:43 pm) *

Bless his little cotton socks, the poor poor little man, he must be so confused wub.gif I really don't know how you can hold your tongue sometimes YG mad.gif

He really is very confused. Wandering around & then sitting by the door err.gif . He is really not happy at the moment with the 'busy' house we have here, the 4 remaining 'Spice Girls' are running rings around him so we are taking it in turns to sit in the other room with him. As for biting my tongue!! It is now totally numb rolleyes.gif
Blossom
Aww what a little sweetheart smile.gif I am so pleased he found his way to you smile.gif
Dexieii
I hope you can get him into a nice quiet foster home asap and that they instantly become failures wink.gif
jakeysmum
Bless him, he is a sweetie wub.gif x
K9LOVE
Poor wee boy. sad.gif Glad you are there for him. angel.gif
dorothy
Still has some Yorkie attitude then if he Gumd you a few times.Must admit this made me laugh (sorry) Iv'e been gumd before and wow did it hurt,a larger dog though.poor little man so confused,at least he has a future now he's with you.
roxysmum
He is bound to be confused, he has just lost his Dad, I would be very happy to have him here, there is always room for an oldie, particularly one with a little sticky out tongue, he would be loved and cherished for the rest of his life.
scampersmum
He looks a right little cutie. Looks completely bewildered at what has happened to his little life and definetly looks like he could do with a set of dentures wub.gif
SarahL
Its hard to give the woman any credit at all; I bet her dad didnt expect her to do that. Yes, grief takes people different ways, but just dumping his beloved dog does not indicate much respect for his wishes.

Poor little lad.
roxysmum
QUOTE(SarahL @ 18th Aug 2008, 7:49 am) *

Its hard to give the woman any credit at all; I bet her dad didnt expect her to do that. Yes, grief takes people different ways, but just dumping his beloved dog does not indicate much respect for his wishes.

Poor little lad.

For goodness sake, how on earth does anyone know what the owners wishes were, are we going to have pages and pages of running the woman down because she gave the dog up. Save your anger for the people who dump their dogs out on the street. Ar least she did the right thing.
These sort of threads don't do rescues any favours.
ebd
QUOTE(roxysmum @ 18th Aug 2008, 7:05 am) *

(Snip...) how on earth does anyone know what the owners wishes were,

I think the point we should all take from this is the importance of writing clear instructions in our wills as to who will care for our animals should we shuffle off this mortal coil.

---

He's a lovely boy wub.gif - so glad he's found his way to you Yorkie Girl, and hope he finds the perfect retirement home.
Barb
When you advertise on the free Ads with lines such as 'We can collect any dogs that are in need of a new home with no questions asked', you are bound to get elderly dogs who's owners can no longer care for them for whatever reason. When people actually do this, I find it a little distasteful to then go on a public forum and berate them for doing what you have asked the public to do. (for whatever reason) err.gif

Edit. Just to add that I alone get at least half a dozen calls a day by members of the public asking us to take their dog, and some of their attitudes/reasons stink, but you just have to grin and bear it. I wouldnt be able to put a number on what each rescue on Dogpages would be of the total calls/visits made with the same scenario as YG's, must run into the hundreds sad.gif
romi
In fairness YG did say

Oh & BTW it was the vet who gave them my number as that is where they were

and as I posted before a lot of people like to see the more 'turned around cases' no matter who is posting about them, it is good to see there is still hope for them smile.gif
I have nothing to gain from defending YG , and would have read the thread anyway from whomsoever, she showed us the dog, and must have felt just a bit taken aback when the lady wouldn't even go into her house to sign. That's all I see in this myself...and no desire to begin a trail of vindictiveness.
You are all saving dogs after all, can't we just be glad he is ok.

Here's hoping he goes to Carol Roxysmum, how nice that would be wub.gif
Yorkie Girl
ohno.gif Poor little Toby passed away today. Really came as a shock as although the vet said that he had trachea problems there was nothing else he could find wrong with this sweet little man sad.gif .
Last night well early this morning he started to bark, OH went down to him & settled him down. Then again about 5.30 he started again so again OH went down & took him out in the garden for a wee, he seemed a little disorientated this time, but came back in & cuddled up back in a bed he had taken a shine to. When I came down this morning he was still in his bed all cuddled up so I decided to leave him as he had only been out for a wee an hour or so earlier. OH took me to work & then did what he had to do before getting back home about 10.30ish. He went over to Toby to see if he was getting up & found the poor little boy had passed away. He was only 13, but I think losing his dad & then finding himself with strangers was just too much for him crying.gif He is now hopefully reunited with his daddy once again. I feel so guilty as I did not say bye bye to him this morning, maybe we could have noticed something was wrong err.gif & got him to the vets.
RIP sweet little Toby. You are now safe once more in your daddies arms.
roxysmum
Oh no, I spoke with Bonzocat yesterday and we agreed the little lad would come to me, either as a foster if my crew were too much for him , or a forever home if he decided he liked us here at yorkieland. I am absolutely gutted poor little guy, I was really looking forward to him coming home.
Rest in peace dear little lad, safe with your Dad again.
Flipping heck I am really upset over this, I had told my lot to expect him today, found him a special little bed etc. poor little soul crying.gif crying.gif
sars x
Gutted for this little lad, and for Carole sad.gif
aileen ainsworth
go and find your Dad little one
---Aileen
shortl
Oh no hug.gif So sorry to both you and Carole hug.gif

Rest easy little man angel.gif
the girls mum
sad.gif such sad news, bless his heart, I hope your on your daddy's lap little one. sad.gif
DooBlog
I guess life was just too lonely without his beloved Dad. Sleep tight Toby. sad.gif wub.gif
Yorkie Girl
QUOTE(roxysmum @ 20th Aug 2008, 7:24 pm) *

Oh no, I spoke with Bonzocat yesterday and we agreed the little lad would come to me, either as a foster if my crew were too much for him , or a forever home if he decided he liked us here at yorkieland. I am absolutely gutted poor little guy, I was really looking forward to him coming home.
Rest in peace dear little lad, safe with your Dad again.
Flipping heck I am really upset over this, I had told my lot to expect him today, found him a special little bed etc. poor little soul crying.gif crying.gif

Sorry Carol. Apologies for being so insensative. I really did not think. It has all been a bit of a shock. Poor little man only came to us on Sunday. It is exactly a week ago that his daddy passed away. I get so attached to the little ones, he was a special little man, even when he tried to gum me when I trimmed around his little eyes lol.gif . He did make us smile. I have not got your number err.gif . I think that he had really decided that he wanted his daddy hug.gif
scampersmum
sad.gif poor wee soul. He sounds like he went peacefully though curled up in his bed
cloverleaf61
crying.gif Oh no, Im so sorry hug.gif
angel.gif Toby, your dad must have missed you so much, he sent for you and you will never be parted again angel.gif
Kougar
QUOTE(cloverleaf61 @ 20th Aug 2008, 8:53 pm) *

crying.gif Oh no, Im so sorry hug.gif
angel.gif Toby, your dad must have missed you so much, he sent for you and you will never be parted again angel.gif

Happy and safe together again sad.gif xxx sweet dreams little man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.