Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Honey
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
Pages: 1, 2, 3
littlenutters
I have been following Honey's threads and those who have been involved should be so so proud. You did everything you could to give her a chance and shown how important it is to place some dogs in a foster home environment.

I know myself, the behaviour displayed by some in kennels is far removed from the reality in a home. Such a shame her scars were just too much.

Sleep tight Honey wub.gif hug.gif
Dalsmum
I think you've said it all Riotous-uk.

You all gave her your best but sadly it wasn't to be.

Be at peace now and run free , Honey

Bless you for trying, Jo
candyfarm
Thanks everyone for trying so hard.

What more can one say - it was all done for Honey but probably too late.

rip dear girl

Jo@thewilderness
Thank you for all the kind words.

I'll not be put off fostering, just shows me how it gives a dog a good chance. OH has been fantastic too - and all credit to him for allowing me to try, and supporting all the way, knowing it may not work. And my own doggies - you have bene perfect so I forgive you for not doing down on command ev ery time!

Honey, you were a beautiful girl and I so wish we could have done things differently for you. I know you are at peace now and that the world can again be a beautiful place.

And thanks to everyone who has phoned too. But can you leave me alone now to get in the bath!

J
Carm
I'm so so sorry sad.gif I think it's probably best for Honey in the long run sad.gif

RIP you gorgeous but broken girl crying.gif

Chris, you got this girl so much help hug.gif

Jo-you tried hug.gif
essexgirl
so sorry, when I saw the cryptic messages going back and forth my heart dropped, I was afraid this had happened, may God bless you for giving Honey a chance at happiness and may all our Bridge babies look after her now. Run free Honey

Carol x
jennybloggs
Poor Honey Poor you, hug.gif you did your absolute best, and sometimes it just is the (hardest) right thing to do. RIP honey
kats n greys
hug.gif hug.gif To all involved with trying to help Honey, as you all cared it must have been such a hard decision.

Sleep tight Honey may you know peace now.
muppett
Huge hug.gif to all who gave this girl the best chance to overcome her fears

hit.gif to the barstewards who made her so scared of life

Have fun at the Bridge Honey, free of your demons now wub.gif
Gnasher
So sorry it did not work out but thanks to all involved for giving her the chance err.gif

Jo hug.gif and everyone involved hug.gif
EAD
hug.gif for all those who tried to help her hug.gif

Have fun at the Bridge Honey wub.gif
Strawberry
Oh my word, what a rollercoaster of emotions to go through.

hug.gif to everyone involved. You all deserve a medal for what you tried to achieve for Honey. At least she knew kindness in her last weeks thanks to all your efforts.

RIP Honey. XXX
GSDSian
Jo hug.gif and to everyone who gave Honey a chance and tried to help her.
Sometimes the scars just run too deep. err.gif

Sleep Tight Honey.
scoobie7
Jo i just want to thank you so much for giving honey a chance.i can't explain how much that dog got under my skin?.I am gutted for you and cody after all you have done.take care you never know may see you at the kennels again.sue [dog walker].
Kay&Stone
So sorry to hear about Honey - she can rest easy now.
And so can all involved....for giving her the best chance. You are all angel.gif s
Louisebt
I can only Dito what others said well done everyone for trying, sadly not all are saved but they leave knowing they were loved wub.gif
Sweet dreams beautiful angel.gif free from demons angel.gif wub.gif
BuffyMum
So sad hug.gif

Can't add anything else except respect to all involved in giving her a chance and especially Jo.

Not sure if the wounds you mention are physical or emotional - I'm guessing both. Hope they heal soon. hug.gif
jaynedogs
Everyone tried so hard for this dog. I think all involved did all they could. Hats off to all who tried. sad.gif
Redgypsy.
Jo,and all who tried to help Honey,thank you so much,you are all angel.gif in disguise,

Sleep tight Honey,may you rest in peace now.

Redgypsy.
dousslesh
You gave a terribly scared, damaged and traumatised, dog her last happy, carefree and loved days . She left this Earth trusting two people, knowing what it was to be cared for in a safe environment. You and others showed her patience and kindness . You did everything you possible could and more. Thank you .
Kelmisty
sad.gif sad.gif Sorry Jo.
romi
Honey I hope you find peace baby angel.gif
Jo and OH you were very kind to try and are to be respected.

May the people who ruined her life rot in hell.
kestla
Huge hug.gif to Jo, I KNOW how hard you tried for Honey, how YOU stepped in when others couldn`t, "me included".

Jo you did ALL you could and no reproaches, Honeys scars were TOO DEEP, not of youir making and it was the right decission to end her suffering, not all scars are visible.

I THANK you for being my friend and picking up the phone today to talk, I hope I helped in a small way, it was my pleasure to hold your hand, any time.

RIP Honey, I have asked Lady to look out for you and help you at the bridge. I hope you rest easy PRETTY GiIRL.

Chris.
greyhound pal
Oh Jo hug.gif

YOu know where I am if you need to chat.

hug.gif
Bevd
Very sorry to hear this sad news. So many people tried so hard.

Sleep tight Honey, free of the demons which haunted you.
Sammi P
So sorry hug.gif

Sleep tight Honey forever free angel.gif
Pricivius
If ever there was a time for believing in karma it is now -

- for those who moved heaven and earth to help Honey

- for those who made her "unreachable"

I fervently hope you reap what you sow.

May we all hold our rescue dogs close tonight safe in the knowledge that Honey now runs as free as any of them.
greys mum
I am so sorry. hug.gif
Owlish
QUOTE(muppett @ 15th Aug 2008, 8:38 pm) *

Huge hug.gif to all who gave this girl the best chance to overcome her fears

hit.gif to the barstewards who made her so scared of life

Have fun at the Bridge Honey, free of your demons now wub.gif

I can only echo just what Muppett has said metoo.gif

Goodnight Honey, truly free now angel.gif angel.gif wub.gif
sexseebohm
QUOTE(Owlish @ 15th Aug 2008, 11:29 pm) *

I can only echo just what Muppett has said metoo.gif

And me sad.gif poor poor girl, breaks my heart sad.gif

hug.gif to all who loved her
snoopy dog
So sorry sad.gif hug.gif
Deerhounder

Oh no sad.gif

Whilst I do believe no dog is aggressive without reason, and that there is a trigger there somewhere (not always a warning, some people very effectively train warnings out of dogs and Id bet this happened to Honey, as well as a lot more in the past), sometimes that trigger is going to be a thing you cannot possibly find or see in a time frame that doesnt cause the dog more suffering and trauma.

We can't know what 'ghosts' live in some dogs heads, and whilst I'm sure Honey had her reasons, I think it is admirable that a sensible person has assessed her, decided its going to be too long and too painful a process to sort those out for her (months or years of unpredictability, for dog and humans), and to let her go now.

Honestly - I wish more people had the courage that those involved with Honey have shown.

Run Free at the bridge Honey.
nikkiwoo
crying.gif crying.gif I am so sorry this didn't work out the way we had all hoped, but thankyou to all of you angel.gif who helped and gave Honey a chance. hug.gif

Run Free Honey wub.gif
DooBlog
crying.gif crying.gif So very, very sad but i know it's for the best. hug.gif For everyone involved who tried to help this beautiful troubled girl.
Helen1
So sorry Jo you tried your best hug.gif
Rip Honey
muddywetjulie
Im so so sorry Jo, hug.gif to everyone who tried their very best for Honey.
agilitylace
So sorry Jo hug.gif

well done for given her a chance and for being brave enough to face up to her problems

i live with a brain damaged GSD who's problems sound very similar to Honeys and we manage to live around her however = had i recieved her as a rescue / foster i would have made the same choice as you (Mishka came to us as a tiny pup so we have developed a good bond with her which makes dealing with her rage moments just about manangeable)

i have it written at the solicitors that should anything happen to me then she too will have to come with me to the bridge as wihtout me she is not safe and the same goes for Honey

Loving a dog means facing up to their problems as much as it means trying to give them another chance

You have my great respect for trying there are so many out there that would not have given her a second thought

She can now run free without the stress and anger her life gave her angel.gif

may those who did this to her rot and lets hope karma takes its course
sweetie
so sorry hug.gif
Dawn
Sleep well Honey wub.gif
Jo hug.gif
I Love MY Cookie
QUOTE(Dawn @ 16th Aug 2008, 9:31 am) *

Sleep well Honey wub.gif
Jo hug.gif

From me too hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Katherine

XXX
Bellassz1
QUOTE(Pricivius @ 15th Aug 2008, 11:11 pm) *

May we all hold our rescue dogs close tonight safe in the knowledge that Honey now runs as free as any of them.

I think the post above says everything I wanted to say - far better than I can.

Run free Honey, and hug.gif to all who loved you and gave you a chance hug.gif
forestlyn
QUOTE(nikkiwoo @ 16th Aug 2008, 7:22 am) *

crying.gif crying.gif I am so sorry this didn't work out the way we had all hoped, but thankyou to all of you angel.gif who helped and gave Honey a chance. hug.gif

Run Free Honey wub.gif

metoo.gif hug.gif
cody
sad.gif

I find it difficult to write about Honey err.gif

Would i do it again ? yes

I cannot thank Jo enough (which she knows) & I am sure we will be intouch in the future (she knows what i mean)

The support from fellow Dog Pagers is truely fantastic wub.gif
Greyeyes

Oh, I am SO sorry to hear this. Poor Honey, poor Jo, Cody, and everyone else who tried so hard sad.gif
camum

i couldn't say it better myself.

hug.gif for everyone involved who tried so hard to help this poor girl. run free at the bridge angel.gif
Golden Fox
Run free Honey angel.gif wub.gif

hug.gif hug.gif Jo and all involved

jules41
Poor damaged baby crying.gif
may your next life be much better than this one has been for you
Rubi

Again this says it all.....poor broken girl.

hug.gif to Jo and Cody who tried so very hard, at least she knew love and kindness for a short time
rustyfudge
Now free from all your troubles Honey, run free beautiful girl

hugs to Jo, Cody and all who worked so hard for this girl.
xxx
Jo@thewilderness
I've been to see Kestla and her beautiful girls today with my little gang and we talked about Honey.

She too has had a dog that has been so abused that she felt the demons she was facing were too much. Honey was that dog for me. When I asked my Dad to come out and see her on Thursday he asked me if this was such a damaged dog that I didn't think it could be fixed. I replied, I didn;t think she would ever be able to cope in a home environment as that is where all the abuse had happened. I'd have been able to contain her, but would Honey have wanted that - no walks, no fun, no love?

I'm so sad about Honey - she was a beautiful girl who was just too damaged - but I really do feel that she is in a better place.

Cody has done much more than I ever could for this girl - she wanted to give her one more chance when others said give up. And she found a way despite the odds.

My bites are healing but my heart takes longer.

Rest easy Honey - I'll always remember you wub.gif

J

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.