Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Westie Family
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
Pages: 1, 2
roxysmum
Image.
How could anyone in their right mind dump animals in a skip. The little boy, we assume, managed to escape, as he was picked up the day before the girls were found in the rubbish.
These are a little family of dogs, the girls are friendly the little lad is terrified at present.
Who, why etc.etc. words fail me sad.gif
Yummy
Words fail me err.gif

They're safe now though wub.gif and just a bit cute, the one in the middle looks a bit cheeky smile.gif
dolly daydreams
Poor dogs, I'm glad that you have them safe now.
Is there any chance they were stolen?
judebristol
They are beautiful Carol, it amazes me how people can dump lovely dogs like the Westie Family.
Yorkshire lass
People!!!!!!!!!
Glad they were found and I know they will soon have forever homes
roxysmum
I wonder that too, but none have been reported stolen in the county, but then they could have come from anywhere. Would be fantastic to unite them with their owner. Could I ask anyone reading the thread to check locally if any Westies have been stolen.
Many thanks
Bevd
People are just nuts.
cloverleaf61
ohmy.gif Unbelievable(sp), how could anyone do that? It does make you wonder if they are stolen from somewhere doesnt it sad.gif Hope they either find their true owners (assuming they wernt the ones who dumped them mad.gif ) or get a lovely new home very soon wub.gif
ck2
Poor babies...sad.gif
Glad they are safe now.
sweetie
words fail me..... mad.gif
tigerseye
Poor little poppets, what beautiful faces. They look fairly healthy, so maybe they are much-loved pets sad.gif
Ziggyandco
Nothing suprises me anymore unfortunately sad.gif

These littel lovelies were dumped in a holdall outside a block of flats on Friday

Tracy
Greyeyes
QUOTE(roxysmum @ 5th Aug 2008, 5:22 pm) *

These are a little family of dogs, the girls are friendly the little lad is terrified at present.
Who, why etc.etc. words fail me sad.gif

Are they speutered? I'm thinking byb's who found it wasn't paying, and cut their losses by dumping the 'failed' breeders. I mean, why carry on paying out for food and such if the investment has no returns? Gaaargh. People. Using the term loosely, there.
friends of the animals
Beautiful kits and dogs. Great they are now all safe wub.gif
GeordieBabe
yikes.gif someone dumped these gorgeous babies,why dont they ever do that near me lol.gif wub.gif

no seriously poor little things, if they could'nt manage with them could've offered free to good home or something they would've went no need to dump them hit.gif

hope they find a good home
Redgypsy.
Speechless.
Bellassz1
QUOTE(ck2 @ 5th Aug 2008, 6:29 pm) *

Poor babies...sad.gif
Glad they are safe now.

metoo.gif
judebristol
QUOTE(roxysmum @ 5th Aug 2008, 5:56 pm) *

I wonder that too, but none have been reported stolen in the county, but then they could have come from anywhere. Would be fantastic to unite them with their owner. Could I ask anyone reading the thread to check locally if any Westies have been stolen.
Many thanks

I certainly will be keeping a close eye around this area, in the papers etc etc.
roxysmum
QUOTE(Ziggyandco @ 5th Aug 2008, 6:49 pm) *

Nothing suprises me anymore unfortunately sad.gif

These littel lovelies were dumped in a holdall outside a block of flats on Friday

Tracy

Bless, how beautiful are they wub.gif

Elainew
What condition are they in Carol?
swan1
Sometimes i am thoroughly ashamed to be a member of the human race
dorothy
What little lovlies Carol,i thought you meant three but was still shocked.
roxysmum
The three dogs were dumped Dorothy. The little boy has mange, the girls are obviously scruffy and dirty but could be a lot worse.
Helen1
Poor dogs and kittens they're so cute...I just don't understand people dunno.gif
now I know why I prefer animals to humans.
cammyboo
QUOTE(swan1 @ 5th Aug 2008, 8:36 pm) *

Sometimes i am thoroughly ashamed to be a member of the human race

metoo.gif
choccymutt
QUOTE(Helen1 @ 6th Aug 2008, 6:57 am) *

Poor dogs and kittens they're so cute...I just don't understand people dunno.gif
now I know why I prefer animals to humans.

crying.gif metoo.gif

cheryl xx
ajs
Oh my word they look absolutely adorable wub.gif . I bet they are brilliant fun when they get settled into a new home.

How anyone could dump them I have no idea, (and in such a cruel place too ohmy.gif mad.gif ).

If they have been stolen then I feel massively sorry for the owner/s. If only they had been microchipped they may have stood a chance of getting them back. sad.gif I know you are doing everything you can think of to try to find their owners Carol.

One thing I am sure of is that they will be cared for now for the rest of their lives. I am sure they will find a lovely new home very soon. angel.gif

Have they got names yet?

Sandy&Spirit
Shocking, glad the doggies are safe now. *fingers crossed* they find thier forever homexxx

I traulled through all my missing dogs adverts, the only one i can see is three westies (3 yr old mum & two 7 wk old pup) stolen from a garden in the SE of England. But that was reported at the tail end of 2006 sad.gif

Good luck cute little doggies wub.gif
hdavies
after some pups got shoved in the glass recycling bin in this sleepy town m nothing shocks me, im so glad these lot managed to avoid cuts etc and just need a bit of pampering
dlr
poor little babies sad.gif All safe and have a great future ahead of them now though wub.gif
faith and hollys mum
QUOTE(Bevd @ 5th Aug 2008, 6:20 pm) *

People are just nuts.

I dont know about nuts. Think you are being very kind

People like these are pure evil.Trouble is they never seem to get there just deserts.
Sometimes words are not enough.
Take the cases of Hobo and Morph. People are sometimes heard to say (he,s just like an animal) well animals dont do the things so called humans are guilty of.
jennybloggs
and we wonder why we prefer dogs??!!
minniemoo
Even though I am well aware there some really scummy people in this world I still can't comprehend the way some people treat animals!!

I just hope and pray that these lowlife neanderthals who are not fit to walk the planet get there's!! mad.gif

Hope the lovely little westies are thriving and find there forever homes soon.
Valliegirl

crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif

please give these 3 angel.gif
a big hug 4 me xxxx crying.gif
roxysmum
Big hugs will be passed on Mal. Have spent some time with them today, I am guessing they are 3 generations, Grandma, Mum and Son. The little boy is very puppy like, the one female is certainly older than the other - of course I could be totally wrong rolleyes.gif .
They have been loved, although they are dirty and smelly and in a bit of state, they demand fusses and lots of attention, the girls are certainly not frightened of humans, the little boy is more reserved but happily clambered over the other two for treats.
They appear to adore little children, Jayne popped over this afternoon and brought her little neice, the dogs were ecstatic to see her, they went absolutely mad. So much so that Grandma eventually got herself wedged between the kennel bars.
The three of them are having a make over during the next couple of days so will update with photos then.
I dont think they are the Mum and pups from 2006, I wish. If we can't find owner/owners then we will do our best to find them ideally a home together, if not possible then the very best home any Westie could wish for
each of them.
Brammie
QUOTE(jennybloggs @ 6th Aug 2008, 3:36 pm) *

and we wonder why we prefer dogs??!!

Since joining Dp i never wonder mad.gif

Atleast they are safe and loved now and on the way to wonderful lives with some lucky person/s wub.gif
GeordieBabe
AW poor little things, im sure they will come up lovely when cleaned up.I want one lol.gif
Seth's Servant
I kept reading the title of this thread and couldn't bring myself to look until now as it's just too sad. At least they're safe with you now and will get the care they need.

Ali
roxysmum
We managed to get a look at their teeth today, all gleaming and white so all youngsters it would seem. I am more and more puzzled by the minute, they have been playing with squeaky toys today, they are loving adorable dogs who know about being picked up, stroked and petted, they have got to have lived in a family home err.gif
sweetie
do you think they maybe escaped from a garden? err.gif
roxysmum
They could have done but they wouldnt have climbed into a skip by themselves sad.gif
Bevd
QUOTE(roxysmum @ 7th Aug 2008, 5:12 pm) *

They could have done but they wouldnt have climbed into a skip by themselves sad.gif

Indeed err.gif
Yummy
It's a strange one isn't it err.gif

I'm glad to hear they're playing though and are generally looking none the worse for their ordeal wub.gif
sweetie
QUOTE(roxysmum @ 7th Aug 2008, 5:12 pm) *

was thinking if some idiots found them wondering about and put them there when they got bored err.gif
sprolliehouse
Well if someone doesn't come forward soon, they will be too late, as I am sure these lovelies won't be waiting too long for a home. Are you happy to home them separately, Carol?
smurfess
oooh i will be watching this one to see if they go up for re-homing,
doggroomer
To put the poor little souls in a skip gave them less chance than just letting them out. So glad they were found and are safe now.

If they were stolen, there's always the possibility they weren't all stolen from the same place.

Chris
Sammie204
So glad these 3 little sweeties are safe now wub.gif ....i'm sure they won't be waiting for a home for too long.. smile.gif
callthewind
QUOTE(roxysmum @ 7th Aug 2008, 3:53 pm) *

We managed to get a look at their teeth today, all gleaming and white so all youngsters it would seem. I am more and more puzzled by the minute, they have been playing with squeaky toys today, they are loving adorable dogs who know about being picked up, stroked and petted, they have got to have lived in a family home err.gif

Hmm, coming to this tardy, I know - but is it possible to be a nasty act of revenge against a former spouse, significant other?? something like that??? If so, they are safer where they're at, anyway...
dorothy
Was thinking the same thing myself.Have had it happen to me( in a way )Took in an elderly poodle and had her all settled in her new home.Human Bitch comes back with boyfriend(who the dog belonged to) and demanded it back saying she did it to spite him.He didn't have a word to say for himself.I refused and got the eternal ringing phone and hammering on the door day and night.Police involved and i would have stood my ground but for the fact my little neice was in hospital at deaths door after falling into a bath full of fabric softener and to have the phone keep ringing all hours or to have to turn it off while waiting for news was intolerable,i spoke to new owners and amid tears they agreed to return her.She wasn't neglected in the first home,woman just lied and said she couldn't cope with her.SO although not in a skip it goes to show what length some people will stretch to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.