Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eastenders 'wellhard' To Be Pts In An Episode
Dogpages forums > General forums > The Chatter Room...
clairen
well after a few posts on here wondering whats happening with him, its just been announced he will be pts. they say in real life he's getting too old to do the job so they are retiring him, but the storyline will feature him being pts?! err.gif sad.gif unsure.gif
Owlish
QUOTE(clairen @ 26th Jun 2008, 12:11 pm) *

well after a few posts on here wondering whats happening with him, its just been announced he will be pts. they say in real life he's getting too old to do the job so they are retiring him, but the storyline will feature him being pts?! err.gif sad.gif unsure.gif

I don't watch Eastenders, but even I know Wellard. What's wrong with him in the storyline?
clairen
i dont know, dont watch now either - but i do hope they are doing this with empathy and for the right reasons unsure.gif

i just heard it on radio 1.
Maddy's mama
I don't watch it. but soaps tend to overdo the sentimental stuff so hopefully it'll be done sensitively. Glad I don't watch cos I'm hopeless if any animal on tv or in films dies. rolleyes.gif
laurasox
Its not real rolleyes.gif

rescuewoman
QUOTE(laurasox @ 27th Jun 2008, 12:19 am) *

Its not real rolleyes.gif

It may not be real but the very least tv can do is try to educate and the way the BBC have handled his story is far from educational in my opinion.
Terry Trouble
ooooh dont get me started on Eastenders and its portrayal of pet ownership.

I actually got slightly obsessed with it resulting in 3 letters and 3 bog standard responses and my family and friends adopting a glazed expression every time I opened my mouth as they knew what I was going to go on about!

Poor Wellard.....I hope they do it properly too or else I feel letter number 4 coming on....
Princess C
Whatever happened to Chips the basset anyway? dunno.gif
Matthew W
QUOTE(Princess C @ 27th Jun 2008, 1:01 pm) *

Whatever happened to Chips the basset anyway? dunno.gif

Googled it.

Either somebody is telling an elaborate lie to scam idiots out of cash, or she's taken time out for "maternity leave" - pups are advertised on one of those horrendous puppy dealing websites. sad.gif

Those pups are probably "worth" more because it's mummy was famous. Anyone think they'll appeal to the person who buys pups on a whim?

So sad.
Bevd
Who the heck is Chips The Basset?
K18sst
No idea....

I'd like to know how they can exercise their Boxer so infrequently and still have a pub that hasn't been chewed to bits and trashed with a crazy Boxer doing circuits around it lol.gif At least he has a tail and they did an episode on getting him neutered smile.gif though Roxy did lose him in one tongue.gif
empagan

Chips the Basset is 'owned' by Ian beale and his family, think he was bought as a present wasn't he/she?
magsy
QUOTE(empagan @ 27th Jun 2008, 5:29 pm) *

Chips the Basset is 'owned' by Ian beale and his family, think he was bought as a present wasn't he/she?

I must have missed the episodes he was in cos I don't watch that regularly. however I do love Wellard and have often wanted to kidnap him after all he has had something to put up with.......and I know it's not real..... thank goodness. Mags
Lucyandmeg
THe dog that plays wellard is actually a female called kyte, and wellard was previously played by her mother and grandmother, so i think it is probably more of a case of they don't want the character rather than the dog is getting old as they have replaced her 3 times.
clairen
the character wellard is getting too old to continue lucy and meg, not the 'actor' wink.gif
sprolliehouse
QUOTE(clairen @ 1st Jul 2008, 5:36 pm) *

the character wellard is getting too old to continue lucy and meg, not the 'actor' wink.gif

I was going to say....even Eastenders fans will not be fooled forever lol.gif wink.gif
kungfoo-hamster
Here is some more info on this as it is coming soon (see the top story) - I don't think I am going to be able to watch it, but it does appear they are going to handle it sensitively - which makes a change!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/blog/scoop/

hdavies
omg gus is gonna be sooooo upset
dbpayne
I read that the vet comes to the house ... bit too close to home for me I won't be watching it!!
jumbuck
I don't watch Eastenders but have you noticed that any dog in any soap doesn't always appear in every episode. Probably something to do with acting rights. smile.gif http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertai...000/7542361.stm I just hate the phrase 'put down'. Much nicer to say given sleep or pts.
kungfoo-hamster
I have been surfing the web and come up with this on a fansite:-

"Wellard's post mortem reveals that it was his diet that killed him, leaving Bianca feeling guilty when the kids point the finger at her for allowing him to eat chocolate;"

so it looks like they are going to use the story to get the point about chocolate being bad for dogs across - glad to hear it - millions of viewers will, at last, realise how dangerous this can be!
Kelmisty
Do dogs have post mortems?????? err.gif
Redgypsy.
QUOTE(dbpayne @ 6th Aug 2008, 4:13 pm) *

I read that the vet comes to the house ... bit too close to home for me I won't be watching it!!

Me too so I won't be watching. sad.gif

Redgypsy.
nikirushka
QUOTE(Kelmisty @ 14th Aug 2008, 5:32 pm) *

Do dogs have post mortems?????? err.gif

They can do if requested. Someone I was in contact with a while back was offered it when his dobe (who was Soli's litter brother, which is how we got in contact) died suddenly. He was too upset to have it done though.
gazelle
Watching Coronation st earlier this week I was shocked
to see the realistic row between Ken & Deidre took place
in front of their Border Terrier! In real life the poor dog would
have been terrified sad.gif
I have always said, if you feel a row coming on remove kids and
animals from the room.
Out of interest, what has happened to Viv Hopes house rabbit, Emmerdale?
choccymutt
QUOTE(Redgypsy. @ 14th Aug 2008, 5:44 pm) *

Me too so I won't be watching. sad.gif

Redgypsy.

metoo.gif same here
cheryl xx
shortl
crying.gif
debbs7m
crying.gif
GeordieBabe
crying.gif OMG that was so sad crying.gif
Strawberry
RIP Wellard crying.gif

Quite sensitively done too. Well done BBC.
Sandy&Spirit
That was very tastefully done, and so sad. Brought a tear to my eye crying.gif crying.gif

All I could do was look at my poor Sandy and cry. Well done BBC

RIP Wellard
cloverleaf61
crying.gif Katie and I are sat breaking our hearts, I was cursing Bianca when she took him home, now Im crying for her!! Yes, it was very sensitively done, I bet there are a lot of tears in homes all over Britain tonight sad.gif
Goodbye Wellard, what a superstar you are!! angel.gif
rach4u9
i was heart broke! i think they did a good job though not much makes me cry but that did!
shortl
QUOTE(Sandy&Spirit @ 15th Aug 2008, 8:34 pm) *

All I could do was look at my poor Sandy and cry.

I looked over at the pictures of Dale I have next to me wub.gif

Still a little teary.

Shame they didn't do the long winded ending, but was done very well
amie
sad.gif How comes even after I saw wellhard breath after his Death it still made me cry my eyes out I know its not real but rolleyes.gif
That little Girl is so sweet wub.gif
MAXI-PUSS
still feel a little sad....
swan1
sobbed my heart out, its especially hard as its a decision i will be facing in the not so distant future with my roxy. I think she thinks i am mental as i was sobbing into her fur again!!
snoopy dog
crying.gif

Alison hug.gif
Staffordjas
I couldn't bear to watch it.

1 year on from my 17yr old Piskie having to be put to be pts,I still get really upset .

(I donated some dog food to a dog sanctuary collection trolley in a supermarket the other day and burst out in tears..looked a right idiot!)

I missed the episode of Morning ITV where the ' actor' Wellard appeared.My mum said how good it was.At least I know It wasn't filmed because the dog had died in real life.

Still couldn't watch it though!
essexgirl
I couldn't watch it and had had to promise my daughter I wouldn't. Glad to hear it was tastefully handled.
kerry1
QUOTE(essexgirl @ 16th Aug 2008, 11:46 am) *

I couldn't watch it and had had to promise my daughter I wouldn't. Glad to hear it was tastefully handled.

metoo.gif Went on a nice evening walk with my babes instead smile.gif
I Love MY Cookie
Wellard & Bianca are on Charlotte Church show on C4 after Eastenders as 10.00

Katherine

XXX
I Love MY Cookie
Now...... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.