secondchancekennels
post 3rd Sep 2002, 5:16 pm
Post #1

Group: Member R
Member No.: 1435

Second Chance Kennels

Thornton, Fife, Scotland.
Registered Scottish Charity No: SC-032202

Second Chance was founded in 1994 by myself & Frank my husband We worked from home for the first five years doing car boot sales / dances in fact any kind of fund raising to raise the money to build the kennels. We had a lot of help in the form of Norrie (community) and the territorial army from Kirkcaldy at last we were seeing our dream come true and after a lot of very hard work opened our doors on 2nd May 1999. We welcome Janet, Mhairi and Laura, Morag & Adam, who have been with us now for a few years.Also joining the team are Kirsten John & Gemma Jade Irene & Gavin ( Oliver's mum & dad ) Irene is now our treasurer.and Nicky. See this is what happens when you adopt a dog from us you get roped in to help !! We only have two dogs now, having sadly we lost our Golden Oldie Tess on New Years day 2009, an Sandy Man 27June 2011 they are sorely missed. Janet ,Laura , Morag has two Kirsten has four. We also have our Waiting for God side to the kennels, whereby we take in older dogs whose owners have died or gone into care. All our residents are seen by a vet and have all the neccessary vaccinations / wormed/ microchipped & boys are neutered (if old enough) and we encourage people to come back and have the girls done!!

Anyone who asks us to take a dog in for rehoming should be aware that they will be asked to sign a disclaimer form relinquishing the dog into the care of Second Chance Kennels. Once you have signed this form, the dog is then ours and we will endeavour to find the right home for each and every dog. So please be very sure you want to part with your dog before contacting the kennels !!

We do home visits to try and ensure that we are marrying up the right dog with a prospective owner and also to check there is a secure garden, which is a must !!! We do not home to high rise flats or to any families with children under five !! Or to full time workers !!

WE PUT A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT INTO FINDING THE RIGHT HOMES FOR OUR DOGS AND PUPPIES, SO WE EXPECT FUTURE ADOPTIVE "PARENTS " TO DO THE SAME!! PLEASE THINK LONG AND HARD BEFORE OFFERING ONE OF OUR RESIDENTS A HOME, AS IT IS VERY UPSETTING FOR ALL CONCERNED IF ONE OF OUR WEE FRIENDS GO OUT AND ARE THEN RETURNED TO THE KENNELS, SOMETIMES AFTER JUST 36 HOURS sad.gif THIS HAS HAPPENED TWICE RECENTLY. CAN I JUST REITERATE AGAIN WE ARE HERE FOR THE DOGS!! WE ARE THE ONLY VOICE THEY HAVE AND WE NEED TO BE SURE YOU ARE TOTALLY COMMITTED BEFORE WE WILL LET ONE OF OUR CHARGES GO. IF WE SEEM TO BE A BIT HARD PLEASE GIVE A THOUGHT TO OUR FEELINGS AND THAT OF THE DOGS WE ARE TRYING TO PLACE IN NEW HOMES!!

If you're coming a distance, please call the kennels first as it can lead to disappointment if we are out when you arrive!!

THE KENNELS WILL NOW BE CLOSED ON A WEDNESDAY STARTING FROM THE 22ND AUGUST !!!! PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE VOLUME OF PHONE CALLS WE RECEIVE IT IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE TO CALL EVERYONE BACK. PLEASE USE THE MOBILE NUMBER WHENEVER POSSIBLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION. Ena's Mob No. 0784 152 0074. News below re Bark in the Park !! [color=#CC33CC] BARK IN THE PARK Sunday 26TH JULY 2009 Lochore Meadows Country Park Lochgelly.10-30 till 3-30. With Kingdom Fm Road Show from 11-3pm. GRATEFUL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS Equii-Pet DavidCantEngineeringservices.JWBodyShop.Speedysnaps/PhotoPoint /JBMotors / Ocean Wheels & Wiltravel /Kingdom International /D&S.Services. TOP LODGE TRIO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THEM ON THE TV OR AT CRUFTS NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO SEE THEM IN ACTION. Various activities and events to see throughout the day!! Fun Dog Show ( Special Class for our very own Second Chance Dogs)/ Bernese Mountain Dog Display Team / Huskies / Quack Commandos /Agility /Royal Marine Climbing Frame / Dial a Dog Wash /Therapets / Fun things for the kids. /Fife Fire Brigade / Tombola / Home Baking / Balloon Race / (courtesy Memories card shops 1 & 2) Pet Portraits by Xpressphoto / various stalls.and last but by no means least we will be joined by Graeme Dodds who will be working his magic with the crowd ! Our very own Dog Behaviourist Paul Gaughan will be on hand to help with any problems you may have with your dogs. Would love to see as many of " Our " dogs as possible on the day as I would love a group photo of them all with their owners to put up in the kennels. Will add more details as soon as possible Ie: Judges for the dog show ect: This post has been edited by secondchancekennels: 17th Feb 2012, 5:35 pm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
secondchancekennels
post 25th Jan 2011, 5:12 pm
Post #2

My name is Jazz and this is " wee " Blue" angel.gif I will write the story because Blue is Blind!! I am 4 yrs old and as you can see a very handsome Border Collie, good with children / dogs / still to be cat tested ! I am a bouncy Collie well is there any other kind tongue.gif Blue will be a year old in April and would defy anyone when we are out in the fields playing to know he is blind. It would be great if we could find a home together but know this is a very big ask !! Blue was born blind so has never known what it is to see, but he still manages to come up to me and take my toys off me, I just let him because he doesn't know any better. If anyone would like more information please contact us on 01592 771933 / 07841520074 /07716600060. Or if your in our area Fife Scotland you will hear us on a Friday morning with Kevin Brady on Kingdom FM between 11 - 12. Lots of Love :love Jazz & Blue xxx.
Image Jazz and Blue now have new homes.

--------------------
Second Chance Kennels, Fife, Scotland
www.secondchancekennels.org
+Quote Post
secondchancekennels
post 29th Jan 2011, 3:17 pm
Post #3

Hi my name is Rocco I am supposed to be a Mastiff x Rottie, only 8 months old just a puppy !! I am a wee bit apprehensive at the moment but once I get to know you I am a big soft lump. I am good with other dogs and children but because of my size I can be a B it bouncy. Strong on the lead but probably not had any lead training.
Love Rocco xx.

Thanks for looking,
RocImageco

I now have a new home x wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
secondchancekennels
post 29th Jan 2011, 3:36 pm
Post #4

My name is Mickey I am a Bichon Frise mix about a year old. I am great with children & other dogs, cats are a NO NO !! Sadly this will be my third home, through no fault of my own. I will make a wonderful addition to any family. As long as they have time and commitment for me as I really need this to be my very last home. Ps: I am in need of a bath and maybe a wee haircut .

Love Mickey xx

I now have a bew home wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
secondchancekennels
post 27th Feb 2012, 4:18 pm
Post #5

Hi Boris here I am 18 months old, I lived in a home with 7 children, and I think my family didn't have enough time for me err.gif I am a big strong boy and play quite rough so will definately need some training.I am very clean here at the kennels and looking for that special someone for walks ect. Love Boris xx.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 1:39 am