Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Advocate Application
xKTPx
post 26th Oct 2017, 10:47 am
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 55698

I get a 3 month course of Advocate at this time of year because of the lungworm risk from slugs

My problem is our Heinz 57 Mutt has wiry hair with a sort of felty undercoat too and we really struggle to find any skin...plus she turns into the Incredible Hulk at the sight of treatments and nail clippers rolleyes.gif

So I'll try the peanut butter thing for sure
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bix
post 26th Oct 2017, 1:43 pm
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 6209

The peanut butter seems to be a hit. I started just stroking him while he liked the cupboard door and he's much less suspicious and skittish now. Wish someone had told me 25 years ago!
+Quote Post
melbury
post 26th Oct 2017, 8:02 pm
Post #18

Group: Member
Member No.: 7874

I spoke too soon - still finding the odd flea and poor boy has been biting/licking/scratching like crazy and made a few sore/scabby places.

I am about to order some Advantage as many people recommend this, but of course have to wait a month after applying the Frontline.

I have come across a product called Aromesse dermacton spray, which has got wonderful reviews.

Just wondered if anyone has tried this for "itchy dog"?

+Quote Post
mokee
post 26th Oct 2017, 9:08 pm
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

QUOTE(melbury @ 26th Oct 2017, 9:02 pm) *

I spoke too soon - still finding the odd flea and poor boy has been biting/licking/scratching like crazy and made a few sore/scabby places.

I am about to order some Advantage as many people recommend this, but of course have to wait a month after applying the Frontline.

I have come across a product called Aromesse dermacton spray, which has got wonderful reviews.

Just wondered if anyone has tried this for "itchy dog"?

Yes, I have, and it worked very well indeed. Tarry had a lick granuloma on her paw and nothing the vet tried helped in the slightest. We'd put the cone of shame on her so that she couldn't lick it, then as soon as it healed and we removed the cone of shame she started licking again and it came right back - this continued for 6 months! Saw a recommendation for Dermacton on here and thought it couldn't hurt to try - so used it for a few days and this time, when the Cone was removed, no licking! She never had any problems with it again. I know it sounds too good to be true and to be honest I found it hard to believe, too, but for Tarry it really worked.
+Quote Post
melbury
post 27th Oct 2017, 3:05 pm
Post #20

Group: Member
Member No.: 7874

QUOTE(mokee @ 26th Oct 2017, 10:08 pm) *

Yes, I have, and it worked very well indeed. Tarry had a lick granuloma on her paw and nothing the vet tried helped in the slightest. We'd put the cone of shame on her so that she couldn't lick it, then as soon as it healed and we removed the cone of shame she started licking again and it came right back - this continued for 6 months! Saw a recommendation for Dermacton on here and thought it couldn't hurt to try - so used it for a few days and this time, when the Cone was removed, no licking! She never had any problems with it again. I know it sounds too good to be true and to be honest I found it hard to believe, too, but for Tarry it really worked.

Thank you so much for the information - it does sound good, but it is nice to hear from someone who has actually used the product.

I think I will buy the shampoo bar and the spray, just to be on the safe side.

+Quote Post
leweylab
post 27th Oct 2017, 4:00 pm
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 45786

Frontline does not work at all down here sad.gif My sister used it on her cocker with no effect whatsoever.

It's Advocate all the way for us - after hearing how a friend lost his hound, Rufus, to lung worm and the way in which he passed, I just won't risk anything else sad.gif Especially as Lewey loves munching grass on a walk rolleyes.gif

I hope you have some success with the new product smile.gif
+Quote Post
mokee
post 27th Oct 2017, 6:18 pm
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

QUOTE(melbury @ 27th Oct 2017, 4:05 pm) *

Thank you so much for the information - it does sound good, but it is nice to hear from someone who has actually used the product.

I think I will buy the shampoo bar and the spray, just to be on the safe side.

I wasn't sure which one to buy either, so I rang them and explained the problem and they recommended the product they thought would work best, which in Tarry's case was the cream - but they were very helpful.

This post has been edited by mokee: 27th Oct 2017, 6:18 pm
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 3:50 am