IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Training advice

Dogpages encourages owners to learn the skills to train their dogs with modern non-coercive methods and not to train with pain. Posts and advice given must reflect this policy.

For serious problems, owners should always seek good professional advice.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help Please, Pacing,whining and panting
Monty's Slave
post 13th Sep 2017, 11:30 am
Post #16

Group: Member
Member No.: 13348

Thanks Nikirushka, that's very interesting.

He has always had kibble in the mornings and kibble and a bit of Butchers in the evenings. He has never shown any sensitivity to this. I do vary it with Naturediet, or a bit of cooked chicken breast and rice if he has been sick but will start to keep a food diary and see if I can see any pattern.

Can you please recommend anything for sensitive stomachs as I can see I need a complete rethink?

Thanks again.

Ali
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nikirushka
post 13th Sep 2017, 1:47 pm
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 25819

If he is sensitive to a particular foodstuff then you may need to do a full exclusion diet - i.e. novel protein for 6 weeks then adding things in one at a time to look for a reaction. It's a long old process and it's what I'm trying to do with mine at the moment (proving difficult to get the novel protein in a reliable enough supply for two large dogs so it's gone a bit skewiff atm).

A food diary might prove useful in the short term though, so I'd certainly give that a try - you never know, it might be enough to pick up on something. Or it might be that just switching him to a food for sensitive stomachs helps - a lot of people have success with fish and potato type kibbles.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 11:43 am