IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for private owners who wish to carefully rehome their own dog. Please read additional pinned notes concerning the precautions you should take if your dog is homed to a stranger. The forum cannot be used to sell any dog or pup but you may wish to ask for a donation with a cheque made out to the rescue of your choice to help other dogs.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Dog With Nothing Going For Him, any DP angels URGENT NEED?!
emcbadger
post 13th Apr 2012, 8:50 pm
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 23050

"Hi everyone- i am a dog that has nothing going for me
Let me tell you my story....
I am only 10 mnths old, but already i have had two homes and been in a pound and saved from being put down. sad.gif
I kept getting told that i was a bad dog, that i didnt listen and that i couldnt be trained- all i wanted to do was cuddle and wagg my tail at the humans but that didnt do any good either, i just kept getting shouted at and passed from person to person. Then the last humans that i lived with threw me out and i just ran and ran until someone took me to a place called a pound.
I nearly got put down but was saved by a lady called Emma who heard about me and came to see me.
She looked past what i was, what colour i was and for the first time she actually understood me and why i didnt listen to people when they told me to do things- it wasnt my fault really
She took me to a place called a boarding kennels. Here i get walks, i get fussed its great but i keep seeing humans turn up to take their pets home and I WANT THAT!
i will let her explain why i have nothing going for me and why i might not get the home i really want- talk again soon "x x x

Ok so i am appealing for a rescue/private home to come forward and help a dog that is the wrong breed, the wrong colour and has a really bad name! He is also deaf err.gif
Please meet Alan (apologise if anyone is called Alan!)
Hes a staff sad.gif hes white sad.gif hes deaf sad.gif (all things to make him a lost cause wink.gif )
BUT
i wub.gif him!!!
He was so mis understood in his previous homes, nobody thought to check if he could hear and just assumed he was a crazy staff that couldnt be trained. he is a gorgeous staff, very small and compact and very loveable smile.gif
I have paid for him to be in kennels and had him vaccinated and neutered to try and save him, but he really needs a rescue or a home that will give him the forever life he deserves. He is not good with cats (hence why he cant be in foster with me) but is good with other dogs. The boarding kennels only have space till next weekend but obviously i will move him if i cant find a more permenant solution.
Heres a video link to show his gorgeous face and hopefully some one or a rescue will look into his eyes and help him smile.gif
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/em...Ąt=02d993fa.mp4
He being deaf needs training and responds to hand signals, but obviously this is a work in progress!
I know he is one of hundreds of staffs looking for rescue spaces/homes but does anyone have any ideas to help Alan?!
Alan is currently in Colchester Essex, but will be moving to Cheshire when the kennel space ends, but will happily transport him to any safe place there is available

This post has been edited by emcbadger: 13th Apr 2012, 8:54 pm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kanie
post 13th Apr 2012, 9:12 pm
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 15191

wub.gif Would I be allowed to put a link to him on my Facebook page?
+Quote Post
emcbadger
post 13th Apr 2012, 9:22 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

yes please do, thankyou
will post video link that works in a min! lol.gif
+Quote Post
dog2
post 13th Apr 2012, 9:33 pm
Post #4

Member No.: 2776

he is gorgeous he has lots going for him wub.gif
+Quote Post
emnaz
post 13th Apr 2012, 10:27 pm
Post #5

Member No.: 55246

Oh he is beautiful! I will also ask around and also put him on my facebook page if that is ok. We are not so far from Cheshire so you never know.
Emma x

+Quote Post
poppygirl
post 14th Apr 2012, 12:31 pm
Post #6

Member No.: 49643

we've had deaf dog experience, we re homed a deaf dalmatian from Lizzie's barn a few years back now, sadly lost him to ill health. My OH is not a staffy person tho but I'll have a chat with him see if he would consider this poor boy, it is a challenge training a deaf dog but it can be done and it's well worth the effort !
+Quote Post
Dalsmum
post 14th Apr 2012, 1:02 pm
Post #7

Member No.: 10491

QUOTE(poppygirl @ 14th Apr 2012, 12:31 pm) *
we've had deaf dog experience, we re homed a deaf dalmatian from Lizzie's barn a few years back now, sadly lost him to ill health. My OH is not a staffy person tho but I'll have a chat with him see if he would consider this poor boy, it is a challenge training a deaf dog but it can be done and it's well worth the effort !

Could you sneak him in as a 'foster'.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
emcbadger
post 14th Apr 2012, 2:29 pm
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(poppygirl @ 14th Apr 2012, 1:31 pm) *

that would be brilliant, maybe a rescue could give back up so you could foster him?
+Quote Post
shirls
post 16th Apr 2012, 2:49 pm
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 17265

He's gorgeous wub.gif i'm sure you will find a perfect home for him angel.gif
+Quote Post
emcbadger
post 16th Apr 2012, 2:56 pm
Post #10

Group Icon

Alan is still very much looking for help so keep suggestions coming! Setting him up with a facebook page tonight so will let you know the title so you can add him! smile.gif
+Quote Post
staffymad
post 16th Apr 2012, 3:41 pm
Post #11

Member No.: 11452

He has got everything going for him wub.gif The right breed (but then I am biased), being white which means being grey after a good walk tongue.gif and being a clean slate when it comes to being taught the joys of life. Such a shame its the absolute wrong time for me to take on (even as foster) another
+Quote Post
simbasmum
post 16th Apr 2012, 3:52 pm
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 47168

Oh he is lovely wub.gif , if it wasn't for Oscar being a Grump with young, male staffies i'd offer him a foster space but I don't think we'd be the right foster home for him sad.gif

+Quote Post
muttlover2
post 16th Apr 2012, 4:30 pm
Post #13

Member No.: 54116

He sounds like he has a lot going for him if he's good with people and good with dogs and has such a lovely temperament. where is he based and do you need help with funds to keep him safe til he gets a home - be happy to donate a bit to that if helpful.
+Quote Post
keithyreeves
post 17th Apr 2012, 9:49 am
Post #14

Member No.: 45504

gorgeous boy!!!

i too have had deaf dalmations and know how well they respond to hand signals. will pm you with my number for a chat, would dearly like to help this little man, dont think he would be white long here though lol!!!
+Quote Post
emcbadger
post 17th Apr 2012, 10:10 am
Post #15

Group Icon

have pm'd you back smile.gif Will be ringing after work for sure angel.gif