Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jardine Parrots
collies r best
post 9th Apr 2012, 8:15 am
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 20236

After wanting a parrot for years yesterday i got offered a jardine parrot. Tyson is 12 yrs old and is settling in well and was whistling screeching etc within minutes lol.gif He dislikes males only like woman. Can anyone give me general advice on care etc or point me in the direction of a good site. I've never had a parrot before and always wanted an african grey but could never afford one so i know a fair bit about them as in knowledge not practical care but not much about jardines. I've read that they need 2-4 hrs daily of uv light ,as far as i know hes never had this so i'll sort something out but is there a special parrot one or not.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Heather and Benjy
post 9th Apr 2012, 8:50 am
Post #2

Member No.: 23864

Congratulations on Tyson's arrival! smile.gif

One of the best books ever (imo) about keeping parrots is 'Your Outta Control Bird' by Nikki Moustaki. Ignore the crappy title, Nikki Moustaki is one of the leading experts in parrot care in the world. The book has been invaluable to me.

There are some great online groups too. Birdline UK has a very active forum with some very experienced members. I think the web address is www.birdline.co.uk

Hope this helps, and don't forget the pictures please! smile.gif
+Quote Post
collies r best
post 9th Apr 2012, 8:59 am
Post #3

Member No.: 20236

smile.gif thanks very much. Will get my daughter to hopefully put pics up later on.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 2:40 am