IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Welcome

If you are new to Dogpages and would like to introduce yourself, or just say 'hello', then this new forum is specially for you.

Welcome to Dogpages forums.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello From A Newbie Dog Owner
Shadow27
post 4th Apr 2012, 1:53 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 53880

Hello, I posted on her ages ago and had some lovely advice. We were going through IVF and in two minds whether to adopt a dog. As it is the last IVF treatment resulted in a miscarriage at 9 weeks so we're trying to move on with our lives at least until or if we can pluck up courage to carry on. So we've adopted Fleur, a little 9 month lab cross from Animal Helpline in Peterborough. She was on death row so we are taking a chance as she's not been in foster care. She does seem very friendly and bonded with us both. Clever madam knew that my husband would be harder to win over so she was sure to make a fuss of her. We pick her up on Good Friday, can't wait!

I apologise in advance for any silly questions. It's been 6 years since we last owned a dog so we're a little bit rusty!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Goblins
post 4th Apr 2012, 2:30 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 54347

Welcome! I'm so sorry for your tragic loss, but glad that Fleur came along to soothe the pain a little.

You can't possibly ask more silly questions than me - I'm positively bubbling with them!
+Quote Post
kimthecat
post 7th Apr 2012, 2:10 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 4804

I'm sorry to hear of your sad loss.

Congratulations on your new dog and well done for adopting an unwanted one.
good luck!
Ali

This post has been edited by kimthecat: 7th Apr 2012, 2:10 pm
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 7:22 pm