IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for rehoming by experienced and reputable rescues (or on their behalf with their full knowledge and agreement) which will nornally mean those listed on the www.dogpages.org.uk website. Please ensure that the name of the rescue is within the post. There is a separate forum below for private re-homings. Please contact a moderator for help or clarification.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Carys, Little Ruby Cavalier, 4 Years Old, on behalf of Friends of the Animals RCT South Wales
R8chl
post 4th Apr 2012, 12:33 pm
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 32839

If you are interested in adopting Carys please read about our re homing process

http://www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk/a...oradoption.html

and complete a Pre Adoption form (link below) and Katherine or Pauline will contact you for a chat

http://www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk/dogadopt.html

Name:Carys
Breed: Ruby Cavalier
Can I live with Children: Yes older
Can I live with cats: yes
Can I live with other dogs: Will only be rehomed with another dog
Fostered In: Colchester, Essex

Other Information:

Meet the beautiful gentle Carys who has come into us as an ex breeding bitch.

Carys is settling into normal life with the help of the resident Shih Tzu. She is happy to share and play with toys and is very submissive. She loves attention, to be stroked and cuddled and is always wagging her tail. Happy at the vets to have her stitches out and have general overhaul, even gave the vet a little wag as well.

She doesn’t like noises in the house, such as the vacuum cleaner and was wary of the neighbor drilling and cutting his grass. Her house training is work in progress.

Her eyes are a little weepy and need to be cleaned 2-3 times a day, there is no infection just tearing. She does have a heart murmur, but this should improve with a good diet and exercise so will need to be regraded after some time at her new home.

She will be looking for a quiet, gentle home someone patient who will be around most of the time to give her lots of companionship and cuddles. Older children would be OK but younger children may be a little too loud for her. She will also need another gentle, calm dog to be friends and have a snuggle with.

Image Image
Image Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
R8chl
post 5th Apr 2012, 2:06 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 32839

Message from Carys's fosterer

QUOTE *
Carys is living with us at the moment; she's been here a week now & settled in beautifully. ;D

We are working on her toilet-training & she is such a good girl; going in the garden when we take her (every 3-4 hours now). She can also hold it in overnight too, we take her out at approx' 10pm before we go to bed & then again when we get up at about 7am. (We have the odd little accident - but much less often than at first).

She loves to cuddle, be stroked & brushed gently. She has made friends with our dog & they snuggle on the sofa together. Our cat no longer runs away from her, they tend to ignore each other tbh. She seems to have no chase instinct with him, he tried to pinch her dinner once & she did not even growl just walked away (I had to move him & tell him "no!").

She is a very friendly, gentle loving girl & will make someone a wonderful companion-dog. We haven't taken her for a proper walk yet (just from the car to the vets). She was quite scared of the traffic but trotted along well until a lorry went past. She's goes in her crate when I vacuum but no problem with the washing machine or TV/music system on. She's learning to play chase with a small tennis ball & even drops it at our feet now & she loves her squeaky-dog toy. She sleeps in her dog-bed at night next to me, on the floor. We have n't allowed her on our bed, in case her new owners don't like it. She's been very good considering our pets sleep with us & hasn't tried to jump up, bless her.

We will miss her greatly when she finds her forever-home & she deserves a lovely one. :-* Anyone interested in adopting her wanting to ask any questions please feel free; I come on the forum every day so will get back to you asap.

Jacqui.
+Quote Post
kimthecat
post 6th Apr 2012, 10:04 am
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 4804

wub.gif Such a sweet dog.

This post has been edited by kimthecat: 6th Apr 2012, 10:07 am
+Quote Post
Chris.B
post 8th Apr 2012, 10:38 am
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 36885

Met this little girl on the way to her foster home.

What a little gem! wub.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 7:46 pm