Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Solly And His Dandelion
Yummy
post 3rd Apr 2012, 10:18 pm
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 18958

As most Grey owners know, any new foods are usually viewed with great suspicion when they are first offered. Then you are eyeballed with great suspicion in case you're trying to give them something disgusting. Then the new item is eyeballed again. Then maybe after 20 minutes, the new food item will be licked. The after an undetermined amount of time, the new food item will either be eaten or flung into space. rolleyes.gif

Today, I gave Solly a dandelion. It's the first time he's ever had one so I was really surprised when he grabbed it out of my hand before I had chance to say a word!

I now realise that he only wanted to play "She loves me, she loves me not" with the petals lol.gif

Ohhh a flower? for me?

This end is quite boring

Ahhh, here we go. She loves me, she loves me not lol.gif

--------------------
Foster Co-ordinator
Hope Rescue
www.hoperescue.org.uk
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rianna
post 4th Apr 2012, 8:18 am
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 2309

smile.gif wub.gif and of course we all love you Solly wub.gif
+Quote Post
Nina K
post 4th Apr 2012, 9:07 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 24023

wub.gif
+Quote Post
Heather and Benjy
post 5th Apr 2012, 8:25 am
Post #4

Group: Member
Member No.: 23864

wub.gif wub.gif

Solly is so handsome and looks so pleased with his dandelion!

Georgie cockatiel is the same with anything new in his cage smile.gif It usually involves an hour or so of climbing around the cage, getting increasingly closer to and eyeballing 'the new thing' lol.gif

Have you ever tried Solly with pieces of willow? Georgie and Pearl love stripping the leaves and bark off that winks.gif

+Quote Post
Nina K
post 5th Apr 2012, 9:32 am
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 24023

QUOTE(Heather and Benjy @ 5th Apr 2012, 9:25 am) *

Georgie cockatiel is the same with anything new in his cage smile.gif It usually involves an hour or so of climbing around the cage, getting increasingly closer to and eyeballing 'the new thing' lol.gif

Ah, glad to hear that. My brother's sulphur crested cockatoo, Sparky, is like this and it always concerned me. Even if they only put a new "toy" in her cage, she looks petrified for hours, huddling in the far corner of her cage and staring at the "intruder". She does eventually get brave and go to investigate but it can take literally hours. I always thought this was a bit odd but, from this thread, it would appear not. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Yummy
post 5th Apr 2012, 4:01 pm
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 18958

Haven't tried him with willow yet but he has had crab apple branches and (after the usual eyeballing) loved stripping the bark off them lol.gif

Solly is funny with toys too, he prefers toys made of coloured blocks of wood to plain wood but even then it takes him a few days of me playing with a new toy outside his cage with him before he'll accept it into his cage rolleyes.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Foster Co-ordinator
Hope Rescue
www.hoperescue.org.uk
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 10:53 pm