IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Training advice

Dogpages encourages owners to learn the skills to train their dogs with modern non-coercive methods and not to train with pain. Posts and advice given must reflect this policy.

For serious problems, owners should always seek good professional advice.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feeding Container
jackied
post 29th Mar 2012, 5:18 pm
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 40705

Poor Zena. sad.gif

My Mum's old lab (12) is funny about eating from a dish sometimes, and they have to put the food on the floor. She also won't eat if she's being watched. I'm afraid I've forgotten how old Zena is.

That's a very smart boot tray, I quite fancy one myself. smile.gif

--------------------
www.www.jackieduckworthart.co.uk

Pet portraits and original artwork.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zena's Pet
post 29th Mar 2012, 6:46 pm
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 46439

QUOTE(HoopZ @ 29th Mar 2012, 5:11 pm) *

A friend of mine has a dog that won't eat from a bowl and tried loads of different bowls, tea trays etc.
She now uses a boot tray similar to this and it seems to have worked.

I could get that, and if it doesn't work, I could actually use it as a boot tray. Though I suspect I'd have more luck getting Zena to eat from it than getting OH to put his boots on it rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(jackied @ 29th Mar 2012, 6:18 pm) *

Poor Zena. sad.gif

My Mum's old lab (12) is funny about eating from a dish sometimes, and they have to put the food on the floor. She also won't eat if she's being watched. I'm afraid I've forgotten how old Zena is.

She's 9 which is nowhere near old enough to be experiencing this! I called the vet rude names when he suggested she was getting on mad.gif She's a puppy - my puppy wub.gif

Madam has dined! I put the lamb straight on to a plastic tray, and although there was some hesitation, she decided it wasn't a Bad Thing and licked it clean yay.gif

It nearly all went wrong as I thought I'd feed both dogs in the garden, so I put Ianto's bowl out, picked the tray up and called the dogs. Zena walked out, took one look at Ianto's dish and fled back inside. She only went to the sofa, so I marched after her and plonked the tray down under her nose (it's been a hard day). Then we were away! But I wish I could see inside her head and find out why dishes have suddenly become so scary.
+Quote Post
celia
post 29th Mar 2012, 7:05 pm
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 7184

I reckon she has had dish-related trauma, something getting stuck on the bottom or her tongue getting stuck on the stand? These were my thinkings when I was trying to work out what had made 3/4 of our kitchen scary for B.
9 is way too young to be demented in anything but a good way surely?
Love to Zena and her picnics tho' wub.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 9:54 pm