IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Training advice

Dogpages encourages owners to learn the skills to train their dogs with modern non-coercive methods and not to train with pain. Posts and advice given must reflect this policy.

For serious problems, owners should always seek good professional advice.

> Grown Up Dogs
Beaky
post 28th Mar 2012, 9:45 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 7520

In the last 3 - 6 months someone has taken Sasha and replaced her with one that, well, seems normal unsure.gif

At 9/10 I thought she'd never really grow up now. Dogs tend to mature at 5 - 7 in my experience. We never experienced that lol.gif

I've noticed this most at agility, but only because that's the only formal training I do now - we don't really do much in the way of obedience, other than daily manners things.

At agility she's focused, attentive, responsive - everything that 'normal' dogs are lol.gif Don't get me wrong, she's always loved it, but she's loved it a bit. Too. Much. For the joy of the doing, rather than the willingness to work for me lol.gif

We've just competed over the last three weekends. We've brought home two second places (agility) and three clears (steeplechases). What has happened to the dog that, after four years of competition, could still get E'd multiple times on one course? yikes.gif lol.gif

She's a joy to run now...most of the time. She still has her moments of madness and idiocy.

I've also noticed it at home. She's a lot more attentive, bordering on clingy when we're home and generally seems to like us, rather than tolerate us.

Has anyone else's very wayward dog just suddenly grown up?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 6:54 pm