IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for rehoming by experienced and reputable rescues (or on their behalf with their full knowledge and agreement) which will nornally mean those listed on the www.dogpages.org.uk website. Please ensure that the name of the rescue is within the post. There is a separate forum below for private re-homings. Please contact a moderator for help or clarification.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Amos, Bichon Frise, 5 Months Old, on behalf of Friends of the Animals RCT South Wales
R8chl
post 25th Mar 2012, 9:07 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 32839

If you are interested in adopting Amos please read about our re homing process

http://www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk/a...oradoption.html

and complete a Pre Adoption form (link below) and Katherine or Pauline will contact you for a chat

http://www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk/dogadopt.html

Name: Amos
Breed: Bichon Frise
Can I live with Children: Yes older
Can I live with cats: Not tested
Can I live with other dogs: Will only go to a home with another dog
Fostered In: Berkshire

Other Information:

Amos came in to our care with his brother as leftover breeding litter. Out of the two he is the more nervous.

He has been in foster for a few weeks now and has come out of his shell around the resident humans and dogs, but still finds life a little scary outside

His housetraining is still work in progress, but he does use the puppy pads in the house, which the fosterer is slowing moving outside the house.

He loves his walks and meets and greets dogs well when out on a lead. He finds roads and pavements worrying but is happy enough in a field or forest.

He is very affectionate, licky boy who loves nothing better than to curl up on the sofa in the evening for cuddles.

Amos needs a home that is around most of the time, as he is still a baby. He will also only be rehomed with another calm dog that he can bond with and cuddle with. He would be happy to follow this dog around and for it to show him the way. He would also prefer to be in a home where the children are in their teens or older as he still finds people a little scary

Image Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
R8chl
post 25th Mar 2012, 7:05 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Video's below, double click on the pictures to view

Had a lovely walk with Amos today. Initially as he was so scared, I wasn't sure that he would come when called. Still not sure he's coming when called but he will follow my Lil anywhers ;D

He didn't like a harness which is unusual for ex breeding buy he's OK with having a collar on. He still doesn't like to have a lead on and will try to bite it, but time will be the remedy to that issue.

As you can see he's really bonded with my girls so will definately need another dog or two for company.

Amos being a proper dog and getting his feet wet for the first time. He usually just barks at the girls when they swim ;D

This post has been edited by R8chl: 25th Mar 2012, 7:05 pm
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
R8chl
post 26th Mar 2012, 3:05 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Didn't think it would take to long but this lad is reserved. smile.gif