IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for private owners who wish to carefully rehome their own dog. Please read additional pinned notes concerning the precautions you should take if your dog is homed to a stranger. The forum cannot be used to sell any dog or pup but you may wish to ask for a donation with a cheque made out to the rescue of your choice to help other dogs.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3year Old Female Malamute Cross Looking For A Home, Loki needs a new family
Caam
post 23rd Mar 2012, 2:28 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 55154

Loki is 3 years old. She is an Alaskan Malamute cross, who through no fault of her own needs a new home.
Loki is spayed, microchipped, vaccinated, wormed, de-flead, and altogether a very healthy girl. I am looking for a permanent loving home for Loki, as unfortunately I am moving into a no pets rented accomodation due to divorce.

Loki is incredibly affectionate and loyal. She is a well trained and loving family dog. Loki is from a family with 2 young children aged 2 and 7. She is very gentle and protective of the children.

Loki is good with other dogs, although she is the only dog in our family. Loki does not like any small furry animals, or cats. Loki loves playing games, being social, finding things, sleeping, and walks.

Loki is very healthy and strong and requires an owner who can offer her long walks and lots of stimulation. Loki is very intelligent and learns very quickly. She enjoys playing games like find the cheese and hide and seek with the children. She will follow you closely at home and tries to join in with everyday activities. She enjoys collecting the post, and chasing off any birds that land in the garden.

She needs a firm but kind owner who understands her needs as a big intelligent dog. She lives indoors, however her coat could permit her to live outside. She needs to be brushed when her coat is 'blown' and she dislikes the heat. . Loki responds well to praise, and is driven by a need to please her owner.

I am very upset that I have to re-home such a lovely family dog, and I hope to find someone who I know can take great care of her, and meet her needs as well as we have.

This post has been edited by Caam: 23rd Mar 2012, 2:30 pm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Caam
post 23rd Mar 2012, 2:59 pm
Post #2

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Caam: 23rd Mar 2012, 3:04 pm
+Quote Post
ChrissyBob
post 23rd Mar 2012, 5:13 pm
Post #3

Member No.: 42065

Where abouts are you??
+Quote Post
Caam
post 23rd Mar 2012, 8:30 pm
Post #4

We are based in London, but will travel for Loki to have a good home.
+Quote Post
Caam
post 27th Mar 2012, 2:05 pm
Post #5

If any one is interested or has any further questions please PM me or reply, Loki still desperately needs a home.
+Quote Post
helencl
post 27th Mar 2012, 3:52 pm
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 42202

What a stunning girl - I would be reading up everything about alaskan malamutes right now if i thought I had any chance of getting Pippin not to be jealous of another dog. (plus I dont think i'd be too popular if i brought home a third dog)

I wish you all the luck in finding her a lovely new home. She looks as if someone would be very lucky to be owned by her
+Quote Post
ChrissyBob
post 1st Apr 2012, 6:09 pm
Post #7

Have you tried the malumute breed rescues - they may well have suitable homes waiting for her - she sounds so lovely. wub.gif wub.gif

I am sooo tempted but it is just not the right time for us to take a new dog on err.gif sad.gif

When are you moving and will need to have her rehomed by??
+Quote Post
Animal Magic
post 2nd Apr 2012, 9:31 am
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 22983

AMCUK Rescue won't be able to help, other than in an advisory capacity but it might be worth getting in touch with S.H.A.R.E. rescue because they will take Mal's, Sibe's and their crosses. smile.gif

There is also a Malamute forum (if you want the details, I can PM them to you), it might be worth putting her on there and various Malamute pages on FB that are well used.

Off the top of my head, there is Alaskan Malamute Owners, Alaskan Malamute Rescue UK, World Malamutes United and Mushers mouthpiece. If you put her on the various pages, it might increase her chances of finding a Mal savvy home. smile.gif

She looks like a lovely girl. wub.gif
+Quote Post
Caam
post 2nd Apr 2012, 2:03 pm
Post #9

Hi thank you for your replys, Helencl, Chrissybob and Animal magic.
I am going to submit my details to S.H.A.R.E, I've been so selective about where I want to advertise her, so far I have only used dog pages, as I know I can vet her properly to any home. It's the first time I've heard of them, so thank you it sounds great.
Your post is so helpful, I am going to look up those sites for help too. I have contacted AMCUK they were very kind but unfortunately could not help with advertising her as Loki is a mixed breed. I am going to use those sites too.
It is a bit of an emergency but I can't just take her to the closest rehoming centre(where she could get dumped in a kennel or PTS), I'll try my best to find her a home this week myself.

Thank you so much for the advice,
Caam
+Quote Post
Animal Magic
post 2nd Apr 2012, 2:59 pm
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 22983

If you do have any home offers further afield and it's too far for you to homecheck, please feel free to shout. smile.gif

I can't promise anything but I've got Mally friends up and down the country that I can ask to help out with homechecks if needed.

I really hope you get something sorted for her. smile.gif
+Quote Post
skysky69
post 2nd Apr 2012, 3:16 pm
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 17207

Huskies in Need take crosses, they may be able to help you unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Caam
post 2nd Apr 2012, 7:26 pm
Post #12

I can't thank you all enough. It is so important to me Loki gets the best home, It's gutting enough knowing I will have to leave her soon but it will make it easier for me knowing she will be looked after well in a good home. A really horrible situation, so thank you all for your support and advice.
x
+Quote Post
gsdsuze
post 4th Apr 2012, 1:07 pm
Post #13

Member No.: 51193

Have pm'd you , but we can offer her a space. We have rehomed several of this cross successfully, and can offer her a foster placement.
+Quote Post
ChrissyBob
post 4th Apr 2012, 3:03 pm
Post #14

QUOTE(gsdsuze @ 4th Apr 2012, 2:07 pm) *

Have pm'd you , but we can offer her a space. We have rehomed several of this cross successfully, and can offer her a foster placement.

Excellent news smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
GSDSuze - you are a angel.gif
+Quote Post
helencl
post 4th Apr 2012, 3:09 pm
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 42202

Thats good news, I keep coming back to this post - she's stolen my heart just a little.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 7:32 pm