IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for private owners who wish to carefully rehome their own dog. Please read additional pinned notes concerning the precautions you should take if your dog is homed to a stranger. The forum cannot be used to sell any dog or pup but you may wish to ask for a donation with a cheque made out to the rescue of your choice to help other dogs.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Help Ugrent
herbie2513
post 20th Mar 2012, 8:09 am
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 55026

Hi

Sadly we are looking to rehome our American Bulldog, Shade who is approx 8 years old.

We have two bitches, Shade and a mastiff cross rottie who has taken a sudden disliking to her so much so that they are separated. We have had a trainer out and reintroducing them has not worked as the mastiff cross will just not have it and it upsets Shade when we try. It is just not fair. On top of this we have a 5 month old baby and we cannot take the risk of 2 big dogs fighting, it is not a nice thing to see. So she can get bck to her normal bubbly self we need to rehome her urgently.

We have had Shade for nearly two years and she came via a rescue centre. She is a lovely natured dog, and gets on with humans cats and dogs, although given the issues that have come about with our other bitch she may be better with either a male dog or no other dogs at all. She can be a bit boistrous and due to her size may be better in a home with older children as she likes to jump up and say hello (although this can be solved with training). She was a bit nervy when we first got her but that has improved. She can yelp sometimes if there is a sudden noise which scares her and the only issue that she really has is cutting her claws. She wont let us cut her claws and we have to have her sedated (in tablet form) which we give to her an hour before she is due at the vets.

She likes nothing better than to sit with company and have her belly rubbed although she is also well behaved if left on her own.

Because she has had a couple of homes in the last few years rehoming her into the right home is top priority and therefore please speak to me or ask me anything as we want to make sure that this move is her last. She didnt have a great time in her last home and it breaks my heart that we have to rehome her but she is a gentle giant full of life and whoever takes her will not be disappointed.

If you are interested in offering Shade a forever home or know of anyone else please contact me. She is a lovely dog.

Many thanks
Jo smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mattsdogs
post 20th Mar 2012, 9:01 am
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 35352

You need to contact the rescue center she came from, she should (if a good rescue) be returned to them c
+Quote Post
herbie2513
post 20th Mar 2012, 9:25 am
Post #3

Group: Member
Member No.: 55026

Thanks, I have but unfortunately they cant take her back as they have no room. Despite stressing the circumstances all they have been able to do is put her on their waiting list sad.gif
+Quote Post
K9LOVE
post 25th Mar 2012, 2:37 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 34714

Have you tried breed rescue?

http://www.americanbulldogrescue.co.uk/

or Large breed rescue