IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for rehoming by experienced and reputable rescues (or on their behalf with their full knowledge and agreement) which will nornally mean those listed on the www.dogpages.org.uk website. Please ensure that the name of the rescue is within the post. There is a separate forum below for private re-homings. Please contact a moderator for help or clarification.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Callum - Tri-merle Collie (derbyshire), Hope Rescue
kilmousk
post 9th Mar 2012, 7:28 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member R
Member No.: 43952

Callum is a 6 month old tri merle collie and is currently on foster in Heage, Derbyshire.

Callum is looking for a new foster or forever home

The Callum Fact File
Dog status: Good but can become overexcited
Cat status: Has chased cats in the past, could possibly learn to live with them with correct introductions
Child status: Not suitable for children
House training: Good
Home alone: Callum is crate trained and can be left happily for short periods. Not suitable for full time workers
Basic training: Callum knows basic obedience commands but needs further training to improve his life skills and manners.

Callum is a stunning dog who has tonnes of personality and character to go with his good looks. He is looking for an experienced new forever or foster home. Ideally we would like to find someone who is experienced with border collies or other herding breeds.

Callum is only a young lad and he easily becomes over stimulated and excited. He lived with full time workers and was crated for long periods in his previous home so they made the decision to sign him over to us to rehome. However, moving to a busier environment with his foster carers where there are lots of other dogs to interact with and new sights to see he is struggling to get to grips with his rising adrenalin and mental stimulation. Callum can become OTT very quickly and does not have any coping strategies relating to self control or dealing with frustration. His only current coping strategies are to get wildly excited and play the fool or he can use his teeth if people try to move him. He is not biting hard but will puppy mouth and nip in an attempt to make himself feel better and control his rising frustration. His stress levels are high due to his over stimulation and he is having to be encouraged to settle and chill out as much as possible.
Callum will not be rehomed with children due to his currently excited phase.

Callum is dog friendly and is loving having new doggy friends to play with. He can become overexcited and his main technique to deal with that is to hump them. Does not always go down so well!
He can be rehomed with other dogs who would be able to tolerate his bouncy ways (or join in with him). He could also be rehomed on his own if he has plenty of human company.

He is crate trained and can be left in his crate happily if he has a kong or something to chew. He would not be suitable for a full time worker due to his previous experiences being left for long hours and the proceeding over stimulation when his owners did return.

Callum is a very bright dog who will relish further training both in basic obedience and house manners. He can jump up and he needs further work on his bite inhibition and self control.

Due to some of Callum's behavioural issues potentially being based in insecurity and fear the decision has been taken to hold off his castration. This will either be undertaken before he moves to a new home or will have to be done by a new owner and will be followed up to ensure the procedure is completed.

All Hope Rescue dogs are neutered (if over 6 months), vaccinated, flea treated, wormed and micro-chipped prior to adoption. If a puppy is not old enough to be neutered then this must be carried out at the owner’s expense when old enough, and the relevant form completed by the vet and returned to Hope Rescue. A homecheck will be required, and you will need to come and meet the dog with your own dogs and family. Hope Rescue rehomes throughout the UK. A Pre-Home Interest Form can be downloaded from www.hoperescue.org.uk and should be returned to dogs@hoperescue.org.uk

--------------------
Kat
Rehoming Co-ordinator - Hope Rescue
Email - dogs@hoperescue.org.uk
www.hoperescue.org.uk
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kilmousk
post 17th Mar 2012, 10:21 am
Post #2

Group Icon

Hello, I'm Callum Collie, and here's a few things I've learnt while settling into my foster home

Lesson 1.

This is Mabel, my bestest bestest girlfriend. She is teaching me teefs means NO!!

This is called 'GoodboyCallum goooooooooooood settle'

I don't geddit...

Mabel is a very patient (and I fink sexy ) teacher.
One of my foster carers call this my doofus face

Sometimes though, a boy has to give in

--------------------
Kat
www.hoperescue.org.uk
+Quote Post
rynkybrown
post 21st Mar 2012, 10:22 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 22962

Hello there wave.gif

I am still in my original foster home (got my good boy paws under the table wink.gif ) but am still on the lookout for my forever home. I am seven months old now, learning to walk nicely on my lead, I'm great at clicker training and have got an excellent memory smug.gif
I am getting braver on my walks, just need to be reminded I'm okay, but I don't need to stop all the time when cars go past now smile.gif . Although I am still sometimes a bit nervous in the house, I love meeting people when I'm out and about, and am great with meeting other dogs, I'm just scared if I hear them barking and can't see them.

Anyway, my favourite favourite thing has turned put to be gardening, I have to have at least an hour everyday with my foster mum and the other dogs, mostly just milling around or 'helping', a bit of play fighting and then a bit of zoomies with a toy in my mouth, then I'm happy and I find it easier to settle for the evening.

Sometimes I forget that I'm safe and my behaviour goes all nervous for a few days, but I soon remember again.

I'm a very loving puppy, and I love cuddles wub.gif

Here's some new pictures of me.

Helping in the garden (I'm a proper collie, I like hosepipes too yippee.gif )

Relaxing ooo.gif

More helping...

Me and my girl wub.gif

Thanks for looking at my pictures smile.gif
+Quote Post
dawnhughes
post 22nd Mar 2012, 11:56 am
Post #4

Group: Member
Member No.: 16229

Would have him in a heartbeat if I cud afford a fifth dog. He is stunning and wud fit in with ny nutty pack of collies (&frenchie who thinks he's a collie lol) Someone is going to be very lucky!
+Quote Post
JAC
post 22nd Mar 2012, 7:37 pm
Post #5

Member No.: 5120

Gorgeous!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
+Quote Post
kilmousk
post 28th Mar 2012, 10:24 am
Post #6

Group Icon

Lesson 2.

Real puppies don't eat food from a bowl, oh no
I was too clever with the Kong so they put my kibble in a bottle with bread to stop it falling out!

Mabel wanted to 'help' She likes 'helping' with all my Kongs and fings. Sometimes she growls at me from outside the crate. I don't mind though, because I love her sooooooooooooo much.

You'll never guess what else they did with my dinna....
Threw it all over the garden!! I had to find it meself

--------------------
Kat
www.hoperescue.org.uk
+Quote Post
T-DOG
post 28th Mar 2012, 6:19 pm
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 14414

Awww Callum, gorgeous boy, cant believe he hasnt been snapped up already. Good job he's a long way from me up in Scotland as I think I would have been so tempted.
+Quote Post
rynkybrown
post 3rd Apr 2012, 11:32 pm
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 22962

Hello again! wave.gif

Piccies coming up, my foster carers think I am calming down and trusting a lot more every day. It is the Easter Holidays at the moment, and I got a bit upset when we changed direction on our walk, because I'm still very sensitive, but I am still trying really really hard.

I'm very good at training and remembering words (talk about my crate quietly, and I'll run to it for a biscuit wink.gif ). I don't do tons of 'formal' training here, because managing five bonkers collies and a scattering of spangels is quite enough thank you for the hoomans, so I'm mostly learning manners and braveness and playing nicely. I'm a right smarty pants though.

Could you train me up?

Also, would you be able to stroke my soft ears for a long time? Today they said "What more cuddles Mr Roo?" cos I can't get enough wub.gif
(But when I first move in, I won't want cuddles straight away, I'll by shy shy.gif Can I just watch you for a while until I'm ready? smile.gif

Anyway, I'm a very sleepy boy now, it's past my bedtime yawn.gif

Here is one of my threads

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...=255438&hl=

or some pics to get you started...

I am a big boy, but I'm only 7 and a half months old, and still growing ohmy.gif

I'm having a spurt smug.gif

More pics and news soon wave.gif

This post has been edited by rynkybrown: 3rd Apr 2012, 11:34 pm
+Quote Post
dom_&_bee
post 4th Apr 2012, 11:43 am
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 16913

Two seasons in one week ohmy.gif

At the beginning of the week I was busy helping with the gardening

Roo wub.gif

and then today ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
dom_&_bee
post 4th Apr 2012, 11:43 am
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 16913

This boy absolutely adores being in the garden, whether it be in the sun playing with water or whether it be snowing hard and he is looning around and refusing to come in to the warmth of the house rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
dawnhughes
post 5th Apr 2012, 11:06 pm
Post #11

Member No.: 16229

I want him but can't :-( He's beautiful!
+Quote Post
kilmousk
post 7th Apr 2012, 11:46 pm
Post #12

Group Icon

--------------------
Kat