IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for private owners who wish to carefully rehome their own dog. Please read additional pinned notes concerning the precautions you should take if your dog is homed to a stranger. The forum cannot be used to sell any dog or pup but you may wish to ask for a donation with a cheque made out to the rescue of your choice to help other dogs.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Border Collie, New home wanted
Helen24
post 8th Mar 2012, 10:16 am
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 55035

Does anybody have room in their life for Scooby he's about 12 months old. He's had the snip about 4 weeks ago. He's lively and very loving. He does chew if left alone. But is very clever, can open doors, his cage etc.... Would benefit from someone spending time with him and training him. Been great with kids, and loves cats. Though cats didnt love him.....he just wanted to play!
He's a big bundle of love that needs some guidance. Scooby currently lives with his family in Cheshire, but due to ill health, he needs a new home.
He is a very loved boy and its very difficult to let him go, but with the right family it will be for the best.
He's not my dog but belongs to a friend, please contact me if you need anymore info.

This post has been edited by Helen24: 8th Mar 2012, 10:16 am

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aaronperkins
post 8th Mar 2012, 12:09 pm
Post #2

Member No.: 54496

i hope im not being blind but cant see where the dog is located?
+Quote Post
Helen24
post 8th Mar 2012, 12:18 pm
Post #3

He lives in Nantwich, Cheshire
+Quote Post
aaronperkins
post 8th Mar 2012, 12:21 pm
Post #4

:-( wheres that
+Quote Post
aaronperkins
post 8th Mar 2012, 12:22 pm
Post #5

hes beautiful
+Quote Post
Helen24
post 8th Mar 2012, 12:23 pm
Post #6

Not far from Crewe, northwest of the country x
+Quote Post
aaronperkins
post 8th Mar 2012, 12:33 pm
Post #7

how would i go about rehomeing this dog i have always wanted a border collie he sounds one of a kind im very
interested i live in clacton on sea essex, do u deliver or would i need to make my own way

This post has been edited by aaronperkins: 8th Mar 2012, 12:34 pm
+Quote Post
Helen24
post 8th Mar 2012, 1:21 pm
Post #8

At this current time, the lady has car trouble, so its not possible for her to travel. Its a 500 mile round trip for you, so its quite a journey. You would have to consider, when you meet Scooby, that he may not be the dog for you. Just wanted to point out this, if you were to undertake the trip.
He is a stunning dog, but he will be a challenge for his new owner. He has the makings of a beautiful companion.

This post has been edited by Helen24: 8th Mar 2012, 1:23 pm
+Quote Post
chloe.s
post 8th Mar 2012, 7:36 pm
Post #9

Member No.: 53185

He's stunning!
+Quote Post
rescuewoman
post 10th Mar 2012, 6:25 am
Post #10

Member No.: 2319

He sounds exactly like a twelve month old border collie should be. Chewing is boredom related, intelligent well it goes without saying .. and handsome too. Could it get any better?

--------------------
When you rescue a dog, you gain a heart for life
+Quote Post
LANEY
post 22nd Mar 2012, 1:50 pm
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 1023

Scooby is now staying with me in Carmarthenshire while we look for the perfect new place for him. Here are some photos taken yesterday at the field we rent:

he is very affectionate/friendly/lively/bouncy and had never lived with other dogs before; and so far he's unsure how to behave. He's fine with them, just wants to play, he isnt submisive and Id say the problem is he tends to 'nip' when wanting to play. He just needs training and to know the bounderies and gain confidence in new situations. He doesnt act nervous but gets totally overwhelmed, he is a lovely clever friendly boy.
he really needs to bond with someone; he has so much to give, just needs the right home to be able to train him, maybe channel that energy into flyball/agility/obediance. In the house hes now becoming happy to chill in his own space, he isnt manic all the time. There's been no tendency whatsoever to chew/be destructive and thats because he's exercised and I guess is having a more 'collie friendly' lifestyle.
I am taking him to obediance training while he's here, have first lesson booked on Monday, but I dont really think itd be good for him to bond with me and then be moved again. He'd be great either as an only dog or with 1 or 2 older dogs to give him confidence and be able to cope with his over exuberance (hopefully that will lessen over time anyway) I will update as we go along but initially I hope this will help bring him the forever home and owner that he so wants to love and please.
+Quote Post
jean h
post 8th Apr 2012, 4:35 pm
Post #12

Member No.: 55239

QUOTE(LANEY @ 22nd Mar 2012, 2:50 pm) *

Scooby is now staying with me in Carmarthenshire while we look for the perfect new place for him. Here are some photos taken yesterday at the field we rent:

he is very affectionate/friendly/lively/bouncy and had never lived with other dogs before; and so far he's unsure how to behave. He's fine with them, just wants to play, he isnt submisive and Id say the problem is he tends to 'nip' when wanting to play. He just needs training and to know the bounderies and gain confidence in new situations. He doesnt act nervous but gets totally overwhelmed, he is a lovely clever friendly boy.
he really needs to bond with someone; he has so much to give, just needs the right home to be able to train him, maybe channel that energy into flyball/agility/obediance. In the house hes now becoming happy to chill in his own space, he isnt manic all the time. There's been no tendency whatsoever to chew/be destructive and thats because he's exercised and I guess is having a more 'collie friendly' lifestyle.
I am taking him to obediance training while he's here, have first lesson booked on Monday, but I dont really think itd be good for him to bond with me and then be moved again. He'd be great either as an only dog or with 1 or 2 older dogs to give him confidence and be able to cope with his over exuberance (hopefully that will lessen over time anyway) I will update as we go along but initially I hope this will help bring him the forever home and owner that he so wants to love and please.

+Quote Post
jean h
post 14th Apr 2012, 5:16 pm
Post #13

Member No.: 55239

hi. my name is jean hamilton and i live in widnes in cheshire. i would be interested in givig scooby a good home i have had border collie dogs most of my life so i'm quiet used 2 the breed, is scooby still available u can get in touch with me via email at jean.hamilton3@hotmail.com hoping to hear from you xx
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 4:12 am