IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for rehoming by experienced and reputable rescues (or on their behalf with their full knowledge and agreement) which will nornally mean those listed on the www.dogpages.org.uk website. Please ensure that the name of the rescue is within the post. There is a separate forum below for private re-homings. Please contact a moderator for help or clarification.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Nero- Shy Boy, Rehomed
K9LOVE
post 3rd Mar 2012, 7:38 pm
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 34714

Posted on behalf of Scottish Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue.

Nero is in kennels along with Solo, they have been there for 9months already so we have been asked to help them

Nero is a friendly boy very puppylike, playful and quite strong on the lead.

He needs a home where he is the only dog, with no young children so he can learn to trust people again as he is still very shy.

Updates to follow

If you are interested in Nero please see the website:

http://www.staffierescuescotland.co.uk/ind...1&Itemid=28

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
K9LOVE
post 14th Mar 2012, 7:56 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

+Quote Post
K9LOVE
post 23rd Mar 2012, 8:43 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Update:

"Have had an absolutely fantastic day today with NERO! The boy is a star. Honestly amazed at how the days went, so much so that I was pretty convinced I had taken out the wrong dog since he wasnt really matching up to the shy, nervy dog I had been warned about.

I went to pick him up at about half 10 thismorning and initially he was cautious of me and certainly not keen to be putting a harness on, but with some help from the familiar faces at the kennels he happily obliged and bounded into the back of my car, with Norah riding shotgun!

Once we arrived at Roslin Glen it was like I openned the boot to a different dog! Absolutely no hand shyness, no cautious looks, no worry whatsoever - infact he was just desperate to play and explore.

Since I’ve not had much previous experience with Nero I had decided to keep him on lead and to let Norah off as I usually do. He was desperate to be at her side and anytime she dissapeared he looked to see where she’d gone. I think he really likes to have another confident dog to lead the way and to make him feel more secure. He desperately wanted to play with Norah and my poor shoulder was pretty much dislocated on a few occassions when they tried to charge about together. So much so infact that I decided to take him home so they could play in my secure garden.

Once in the garden I let him off lead pretty much straight away. The pair of them had no initial problems and charged around at full pelt bounding over each other and happily sharing toys.

I was so happy at how he was and so confused by previous reports of him that I called Karen to pop round and see for herself how happy a pup he truly was.

After a while together Norah did tire of Nero, he is quite an active dog and due to his size (the boy’s a TANK) he was a bit overbaring for a skinny legged lurcher. She gave him more that a few rows for pinching her favourite ball and for biting too hard on her and he took a telling well and never once acted back with any aggression towards her. He also let her steal a chew out of his mouth so doesnt seem to be showing any signs of possesiveness.
I honestly do think he would do fantastically well with another dog as company. He would really suit living with another confident, calm dog (don’t think their sex would necessarily be any issue), to help him calm down and to act as a comfort when situations worry him.

Please do be aware that Nero has had a rough start in life and therefore does need some help with certain issues; he is definately not keen on older guys that are not “dog savvy”, Although I don’t think he would act aggressively towards anyone he will mouth off at older gents passing by and can certainly appear quite intimidating due to his stature. With time and patience I do think Nero would come to understand that there is nothing to fear, although this is something that would need worked on with him.
Also due to the duration he’s been kennelled from such a young age he doesnt really have much in terms of understanding where the loo is, any carpet or pot plant will do I’m afraid - but he is young and with training I have no doubt that will quickly come.

All in all I have had a brilliant day with Nero and am amazed that he seems to have come so far in what is no time at all. I have uploaded a mound of photos from todays adventures and if there is anyone out there looking for a happy, friendly pup....who weighs about the same as a baby elephant!, please don’t overlook this stunning boy with so much love to give! "
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 5:55 am