IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Training advice

Dogpages encourages owners to learn the skills to train their dogs with modern non-coercive methods and not to train with pain. Posts and advice given must reflect this policy.

For serious problems, owners should always seek good professional advice.

> I Need Advice .. Not Ed For A Change!, Confidence needed
janeddie
post 3rd Mar 2012, 9:10 am
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 37188

Hi all - nothing serious but I am a really worrier and even though I have the most obedient and loyal dog I have ever owned, I still doubt myself. After Alfie, who was always a terrier on a mission and losing him for days on end during one of his missions, I think I am over protective with Ed! Ed has fantastic recall and is only ever a few steps away from me but I really struggle with letting him off. I know that if he spies another dog, all I have to do is change direction and he choses me instead of the other dog so why do I panic sad.gif OH lets Ed off all the time, even on the smallest amount of grass or down the canal etc., but I have been on a wonderful walk this morning, loads of fields and no other dogs but I still did not let him off lead sad.gif I am always thinking of what might happen instead of enjoying the moment ). I did let him off the other morning on our walk and he was perfect but I still could not relax. Once I get into a routine of letting him off it becomes easier but I seem to have gone back to step one for no apparent reason and I really worry. When I come back from a walk and have let him off, I feel great and really proud to have a dog with good recall. What is the matter with me?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:05 am