IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for rehoming by experienced and reputable rescues (or on their behalf with their full knowledge and agreement) which will nornally mean those listed on the www.dogpages.org.uk website. Please ensure that the name of the rescue is within the post. There is a separate forum below for private re-homings. Please contact a moderator for help or clarification.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> 5* Home Sort For 5* Dog - Stunning Rottie Boy, Lizzies Barn - in foster near Peterborough
Gilly1
post 25th Feb 2012, 10:51 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 13723

Please read all the following closely before contacting us about Koda - This dog is still in his own home in North Cambridgeshire near Peterborough and potential homes after home checking will be expected to travel to meet Koda in his own home.... This is an usual rehoming for us as we usually home direct from the rescue but its very exceptional circumstances - this dog is a very loved dog and its going to be very devastating for dog and owner so only compassionate people please - a few months ago we rehomed the bitch Koda was living with from the home which was terribly upsetting and she has left it as long as possible before it was Koda's turn - its very personal tragic circumstances on why she has to rehome her dogs and it will be something she will share with the potential owner but it is in no way anything the dogs have done wrong - the bitch who has recently been rehomed the new owners cannot believe how lucky and privileged they are to have such a well trained, well balance loving dog we were extremely lucky in finding such a wonderful home which made the heart break that much easier and hopefully we can repeat the process again with Koda - the rescue will give a 100% rescue back up for the rest of his life so if anything goes wrong or circumstances change Koda has to come back to us - we will thoroughly vet any homes before we put you in contact with the owner to arrange a visit there will be the usual adoption fee of 160.00.

Koda is very much a mummy's boy and when he was younger would walk along side his owner sucking her finger for comfort - he has only known love and happiness in his life and potential homes will have to give him space to adjust to life without his beloved owner - please no times wasters - experienced big dog people - no full time workers and no young children although he is living with a young child so would be fine with visiting grand children etc he is a big boy and may knock them over we need this adoption to be 100% certain...

I will copy below the owners profile on her beloved Koda.... Please in the first instance email us for our questionnaire. theminnicans@dsl.pipex.com

I have written an ad for my boy, Koda. Will you have a look over it to see what you think? I'm trying really hard not to make him sound too perfect and its taken me a couple of weeks to get it down to this. Let me know what you think.

This is Koda. His full name "Takoda" which means friend. He is 3 years old. Vaccinated, Microchipped and Neutered. He has a full tail which never stops wagging. Koda's favourite things are playing and cuddles! He loves to run around and he will fetch a ball too! He loves playing in the snow and on the beach too. Although he will only paddle in the sea up to his knees! He is a great cuddler and will do anything for a fuss!! He really does live to be loved and he gives as good as he gets. Koda is quite a sensitive boy and he needs to be loved and treated with kindness. I've never had to raise my voice to him even as a cheeky pup. He has always been a great dog. Koda needs to be part of the family and will not live outside. He is very much a mums boy and loves women! He is great with men too, but he adores women!! Koda is good with children and has been around kids of all ages. He lives with a toddler and is great with my niece and nephews. However, due to him being a big-ish boy and completely unaware of his size it would be better for him to be with kids over 7. Koda is good with other dogs and will want to play with every one that he meets! He will, however, stand up for himself if he is challenged. He is not a guard dog but will bark if there are people outside or if someone comes to the door. Once people come in to the house he will be waiting to be allowed to say hello! Koda has not met a cat yet, so I have no idea how he would be with one. He is particularly good with small dogs and puppies though. Koda is great on the lead. He walks at a good pace but does not pull. He walks perfectly next to a pushchair. He loves a good run around and then a long sleep and then just to be with you. He is with me whatever I am doing and will quite often be found with his head over my shoulder whilst I load the washing machine! He can be left for up to an hour with his toys and treats, and Koda loves his treats! He also loves chicken, rice and tuna and any odd bits of food that my toddler drops! Koda has been taught to sit, wait, lie down, give paw, high five and come back to hand signals. He doesn't answer to a whistle as I have not taught him this, although it would be easy to do. He is a very well behaved boy and is great fun to be with. He is not food or toy aggressive and is extremely gentle with his mouth. He is fine being brushed and having his nails trimmed although he does get a little excited about being brushed and he does a little wiggly dance! I have had Koda since he was 5 weeks old and he is the most loving dog I have ever known. He will only be available to someone who will give him 110%. He has only ever known love and security and this is what he deserves for the rest of his life. It breaks my heart to do this but I have no choice.

I hope that sounds ok. I can't read it back as I get a bit wobbly and tearful. I think I've covered everything.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jo Green
post 25th Feb 2012, 5:25 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 4100

My heart goes out to Koda's owner. He sounds like an absolute credit to her hug.gif hug.gif
+Quote Post
Gilly1
post 25th Feb 2012, 7:09 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

+Quote Post
JoanneC
post 26th Feb 2012, 10:49 am
Post #4

Group: Member
Member No.: 54936

I've had the pleasure of meeting this boy in his own home. I rehomed his sister (not biological) in December.

Having had dogs all my life I can honestly say I've never met such lovely natured characters as Loki & Koda. This post is about Koda but these dogs have been raised and trained by the same lady and what a credit to her, they are. Everyday witout fail Loki makes at least one new friend and dispels the myth surrounding this beautiful breed. Seeing the response in these dogs when off the lead, to your voice is incredible!!

Loki now lives with us, our old mongrel Foxy (18 yrs old), 2 cats, 4 chickens and a horse and is the gentlest animal I've ever known. Their mum always said Koda was the bigger baby of the two and I find it hard trying to imagine anything more lovable and loyal than Loki, but he really is!!

He is exactly as described, and in no way shape or form; an outside/guard dog. He needs what he's had ..... love, affection, a family who are there all day for him, respect and lots of walks!! His mum is absolutely right to stipulate this as it is what he needs and what he's had.

I have to be honest, I want him, and I'd take him without hesitation but my husband is adamant we have enough 4 legged friends.

Koda will make someone the second happiest dog owner on earth (me being the happiest). He is a handsome, big strong boy but not a big chunky drooling one, he is happy, gentle and sociable, and whoever is lucky enough to have him will very quickly realise what a great boy he is.

Now I'm off to work on hubby some more ........... !!!

+Quote Post
Tia2
post 28th Feb 2012, 7:56 pm
Post #5

Member No.: 37299

I have sent you a PM Gilly - sorry if that wasn't the right way to go about expressing interest...... He is lovely. wub.gif
+Quote Post
Gilly1
post 29th Feb 2012, 10:01 pm
Post #6

Group Icon

Well Joanne managed to work the magic on her husband and the lovely Koda is going to go and live with his sister again in her new home - its such a fastastic outcome for this dog and his owner - smile.gif

I have spoken to the other lady who enquired about Koda and what a lovely home she had to offer so thank you Louise he was a lucky boy to have two such lovely people care about him but I know you understand him going to live with the dog he was brought up with all his life could not have been a better outcome....
+Quote Post
TillyBeany
post 29th Feb 2012, 10:11 pm
Post #7

Member No.: 54881

yay.gif hug.gif
I am SO very pleased for all concerned in that such a positive outcome has been found.
I wish Koda's Mum and new Mum every good wish and happiness.flowers.gif

Tilly B x
+Quote Post
Tia2
post 29th Feb 2012, 10:40 pm
Post #8

Member No.: 37299

It was lovely speaking to you gilly! Im so very pleased koda gets to live with his sister...it will make his move so much easier im sure! Dissapointed i don't get to meet him but really chuffed for him! wub.gif

Will be in touch again soon! smile.gif
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 12:37 am