IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Welcome

If you are new to Dogpages and would like to introduce yourself, or just say 'hello', then this new forum is specially for you.

Welcome to Dogpages forums.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi
donkeb
post 21st Feb 2012, 2:55 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 54876

Hello, I came across this site whilst searching for information on Cushings Disease. My crossbreed Eddie, who's 14 is on Metacam for arthritis and had a routine blood test recently (which the vet recommends) to make sure the Metacam wasn't causing any problems with his liver etc. Most of the bloods came back as expected for a dog of his age, however the vet had concerns over some of his kidney results and said that there could possibly be a thyroid problem or something called Cushings Disease and advised further blood tests. We had these done yesterday and are waiting for the results. Does anyone have experience of this illness? I've been told that it's treatable although not curable and that if handled correctly that I could expect Eddie to have a good quality of life for possibly two more years? His health has declined over the past 18 months, trouble with his back end giving way, struggling with steps and lying down, not being too keen on walks anymore (which he used to love) and just generally "looking a bit down in the dumps". It would be lovely to have him back to his old self even if it was for only a couple of more years. sad.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lottesmummy
post 21st Feb 2012, 6:21 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 10887

Hello and welcome. wave.gif

It is probably worth you starting a new thread in 'Chatter', on the subject of Cushings. There a few people with experience on here and one will probably come along soon. Hope Eddie improves with treatment.
+Quote Post
Jazzlet
post 21st Feb 2012, 6:50 pm
Post #3

Member No.: 15254

QUOTE(Lottesmummy @ 21st Feb 2012, 6:21 pm) *

Hello and welcome. wave.gif

It is probably worth you starting a new thread in 'Chatter', on the subject of Cushings. There a few people with experience on here and one will probably come along soon. Hope Eddie improves with treatment.

This smile.gif
+Quote Post
donkeb
post 22nd Feb 2012, 8:24 am
Post #4

Member No.: 54876

Hi, thanks for that. I'll copy and paste as I've got to go to work in a moment so apologies to anyone who has to read my post twice sigh.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 4:59 am