IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for private owners who wish to carefully rehome their own dog. Please read additional pinned notes concerning the precautions you should take if your dog is homed to a stranger. The forum cannot be used to sell any dog or pup but you may wish to ask for a donation with a cheque made out to the rescue of your choice to help other dogs.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alfie - Cross Breed Male
riotous_uk
post 15th Jan 2012, 12:46 pm
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 3186

This lad needs a home of his own and he is now ready to move on after being her for 6 months.

He is a lovely cuddly dog that likes nothing better than to curl up on the sofa. Given a chance, he'll be curled up next to you so that he is touching you.

he came to me from the RSPCA as a dog with issues and we've amount a fair amount of work into sorting this lad out. RSPCA are fully aware of the fact that i took this dog on as a foster and that I would be re-homing him. As part of my agreement with the RSPCA, the new owner's details have to be passed along to them.

He doesn't guard his food from the other dogs but I do leave him to eat without disturbing him (as I do with all my dogs), but when I do go near him when he is eating he is fine. He is only given chews/bones etc when in a crate. He Crate trained and happy to sleep in his crate and can be left for a couple of hours on his own. Good recall to verbal and whistle cues, but may get distracted by bunnies but he will come back. He loves to run but then will just calm down. May pull on lead a little when first puyt on it but is very good really.

Alfie demonstrating his recall

Mouching about off lead

He can get wound up when in my van, especially when I walk some of the others and he has to wait for his turn and he has shredded some vet bedding...so his bedding is removed after his walk.

He has had issues with getting gddy and mouthing but now that he's learning self-control, we don't have those issues anymore. He is getting into toys and playing tug and is much more controlled about these games.

some video of him playing tug
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!...e=2&theater

There were issues with his not getting off furniture when he was asked, but to be honest, this has never really been a problem whislt he has been here and he gets off when asked.

Relaxing on the sofa (he'd happily stay there all day, he can be a real couch potato)

He is ok with other dogs, but doesn't really want to play with them, but he has been playing a little bit of tug with one of mine. He is happy to lie with other dogs touching him (or sleeping on top of him as my tiny JRT Brock does) and is currently living with a mixed pack of entire and neutered male and female dogs (GSDs, JRTs, Cockers and SWDs) with no issues at all. If anythng he is a bit of a wimp with other dogs....

Alfie with Archer (GSDx) as a size comparison

He loves being trained and is clicker trained. He has a strong sit and down cue and will give a paw on cue. He has a good recall, and knows 'get it' for taking a toy and 'leave it'. He is neutered, chipped and vaccinated.
Due to his previous issues, this lad must go to an adult only home please.

Any other questions just ask. Really need to find a forever home for this lad as he really can't stay here. He's been here around 6 months now. Currently in East Yorks but can be homed any where.

This post has been edited by riotous_uk: 15th Jan 2012, 12:50 pm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
walkiesandtalkies
post 20th Jan 2012, 11:26 am
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 26342

I've seen lots of pics of this gorgeous boy on his Journey with you and he is just so gorgeous, I so so wish I had the space for him here. He sounds like a fab dog that is such a sweetie that could be the perfect addition for lots of people. He's got the whole package, looks, brains and the cuddle factor wub.gif

Do you think he could live with cats?

--------------------
www.keepsakejewellery.co.uk

Handmade Pet Portrait and Keepsake Jewellery
+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 20th Jan 2012, 11:48 am
Post #3

Group Icon

He does give rather good cuddles and does try to get on your lap, but his just a tad too big for that and has boney elbows wub.gif

I don't know about cats as we don't have any, and we don't tend to see any when we are out. He does llive with very small dogs with no problems, but then they don't run away from him like cats would do. Sorry, not a very helpful answer...sad.gif
+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 21st Jan 2012, 6:33 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

He was cold today, so he's curled up small and tucked himself up in a fleecy blankie....

he looks soooooo cute...
+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 25th Jan 2012, 9:42 am
Post #5

Group Icon

All snuggled up with some of my other dogs

He only folds up small lol.gif
+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 5th Feb 2012, 12:14 pm
Post #6

Group Icon

all these views and he's till looking for a sofa to call his own sad.gif

He went a bit loopy in the snow this morning

+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 12th Feb 2012, 11:35 am
Post #7

Group Icon

Alfie is still looking sad.gif and now has his own facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Alfie.Desperate.for.a.home
+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 23rd Feb 2012, 9:31 pm
Post #8

Group Icon

Alfie did have some visitors at the weekend but sadly they didn't want him, so this gorgeous lad is still looking sad.gif sad.gif crying.gif
+Quote Post
staffymad
post 27th Feb 2012, 2:13 pm
Post #9

Group: Member
Member No.: 11452

I can't believe he is still waiting. He is rather lush wub.gif
+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 28th Feb 2012, 9:09 am
Post #10

Group Icon

Alfie was a good boy last night and passed his KC Good Citizen Bronze award. He was so realxed on his stay, it was lovely to see.

Surely someone must have room for this lad.
+Quote Post
sher142
post 28th Feb 2012, 1:27 pm
Post #11

Group: Member
Member No.: 18192

Well done you on all the work you must have put into this lad, hope he finds a forever home soon smile.gif
+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 21st Mar 2012, 11:33 am
Post #12

Group Icon

Alfie has finally plucked up enough courage to start playing with one of my other dogs. Photos on his fb page and you should be able to see them on this public link.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3...mp;l=3e3d127116
+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 16th Apr 2012, 9:48 pm
Post #13

Group Icon

Alfie took and passed his Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme Silver award tonight, just shows how far teh lad has come and how trainable he is. He would make someone a smashing dog.

Please, if you are looking to rehome a dog, please consider Alfie, he has been waiting far too long.
+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 15th May 2012, 1:40 pm
Post #14

Group Icon

After a home visit on friday, we now know that Alfie cannot be homed with cats (even dog savvy ones) sad.gif
+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 8th Jun 2012, 12:44 pm
Post #15

Group Icon

Alfie is still looking for a home to call his own. Surely someone must have room for this gorgeous lad.

He does love doing scent work. He may well be a good dog for obedience or agility. Not that ball orientated at the mo so probably not aflyball dog....although he is quite happy to be a couch potato, fire hog and sun worshipper (he loves the warmth, hates the cold and wet).

if you are looking for a dog, please consider Alfie as he has been here waay too long now (nearly 10 months). I have no idea why he isn't getting the interest...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 6:17 pm