IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for rehoming by experienced and reputable rescues (or on their behalf with their full knowledge and agreement) which will nornally mean those listed on the www.dogpages.org.uk website. Please ensure that the name of the rescue is within the post. There is a separate forum below for private re-homings. Please contact a moderator for help or clarification.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Max - 5 Year Old Trailhound, Are you up for a challenge?
Koshka
post 18th Nov 2011, 8:57 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Modley Associate
Member No.: 8120

Are you up for a challenge? Well, here I am. My name is Max and I am 5 years old. I raced for a number of years in Cumbria but there is no way I want a quiet retirememt home. I have energy to burst! Image

I am very exuberant and get excited when I go for a walk. This is partly due to the fact that I am living in kennels. It helps the volunteers at the kennels to put a training harness on me to stop me pulling them around the field!

I have been told that I am like a nightclub bouncer big, bold, brash but with a heart of gold! I am a bit of a lad when it comes the lady dogs and I act in a rather ungentlemanly manner! I have overheard that I am going to be C-A-S-T-R-A-T-E-D soon and that my future relationships will be P-L-A-T-O-N-I-C. I have no idea what those words mean but it doesnt sound good!

I have a lovely nature and love a cuddle, but I had better not live with young children incase I knock them over. It will help me to learn about my new life if I am adopted by someone with time and experience to help me settle into my new life. Also lots of access to a secure outside space so that I can burn off some of my energy.

I am being homed by Worcestershire Animal Rescue Shelter near Malvern.

For more information about trailhounds as pets please visit our website HERE

--------------------
www.trailhoundwelfare.org.uk
from fellside to fireside
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Akitas
post 20th Nov 2011, 7:30 am
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 19851

Would it be Ok to cross post to the cani-cross facebook page? I know some people have been looking at Trailhounds as cani-cross running partners.
+Quote Post
Koshka
post 20th Nov 2011, 8:00 am
Post #3

Group Icon

Hi
Yes that would be great! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Koshka
post 10th Jan 2012, 10:39 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

Max is still looking for a home. He has been cat tested now. He is also castrated. Max still need a secure home with opportunity to burn off his energy wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Koshka
post 12th Feb 2012, 4:46 pm
Post #5

Group Icon

Lovely Max is still waiting. Here are some new pictures and write up from WARS. Max has had a spell in the home of one of the dogwalkers at the kennels, and behaved very well so we are confident he will adapt to home life. He met the resident cat and there were no problems.

Since I have been at WARS I have been winning over the humans with my handsome face and loving personality. I have also been learning how to make friends with some of the lady dogs at the shelter. I have a special place in my heart for a young staffy girl called Flora and despite my tendency for laddish behaviour I am actually quite the gentleman around her, so much so Ill even run more slowly so her little legs can keep up with me! I think I am at my happiest when I am allowed to run round the field at the shelter. Because I like to pull a lot when I am on the lead I get to play off the lead quite a bit, which is great for me!

I think my favourite home would be one where I can be given lots of time and attention to help me learn how to become the perfect pet I want to be.

EDIT 14.3.12 RESERVED

--------------------
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:04 am