Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mobile Vet Comes To You, Ambuvet
sashajade
post 19th Jun 2011, 10:05 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 17934

I just found out about this...anyone heard of it or used it before????
I think its a really good idea smile.gif
Not sure if i allowed to put link on?????
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Vera
post 19th Jun 2011, 11:57 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 715

We've got one around here too. I haven't used her myself, but a friend of mine has and she said it was an excellent service. I think it is a great idea. smile.gif

--------------------
For kind and effective dog training for all breeds or crossbreeds of any age, visit www.wtdt.co.uk
+Quote Post
woofgang
post 20th Jun 2011, 5:08 am
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 51601

What are the charges like? Our vets do housecalls but I think it costs a bit more.
+Quote Post
Jo@thewilderness
post 20th Jun 2011, 6:03 am
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 35226

I'd be asking all sorts of questions about infection control before I would consider using a mobile vet.
+Quote Post
walkiesandtalkies
post 20th Jun 2011, 7:12 am
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 26342

Think it sounds like a brilliant idea in principle, definitely something I'd look into smile.gif

ETA, would think there would be certain things where there would be less risk of infection, rather than sharing a waiting room where dogs have been brought in with potentially serious infections as well as others that can be serious for older dogs and dogs with weaker immune systems with things like KC. But assuming it would include a tratment type room in a vehicle of some type.

This post has been edited by walkiesandtalkies: 20th Jun 2011, 7:14 am

--------------------
www.keepsakejewellery.co.uk

Handmade Pet Portrait and Keepsake Jewellery
+Quote Post
Sezza
post 20th Jun 2011, 7:34 am
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 10901

... having looked at their costs (well the Kent one anyway as that is the only one I can see on-line), the fees for routine things (which is what they are offering) looking pretty average - maybe a bit cheaper than average.

They then charge a vist fee of 10.00 if within 10 miles of their base (Canterbury??), and 30.00 for over that (but I assume still has to be in the area covered).

The visit fee however is a one-off charge per visit. regardless of how many pets the vet then treats.

The 10.00 is much cheaper than my vet charges (and I am within 10 miles of the surgery), and the 30.00 is a little more than mine charges.

They also have arrangements with other vets to take on cases that are too much for them to handle i.e. operations (assuming you aren't already registered with an practice-based vet).

I think it is a good idea!

The treatment is in your home - so disease control probably not too much of an issue. They do offer an 'Ambulance' service too, but I guess that is easier to manage in terms of cleaning etc. as it is 'booked' by prior arrangement.

I personally think it is a very good complimentaray service for those who can't for some reason or other get to the vet with their pet.

Sezza
+Quote Post
erose
post 20th Jun 2011, 7:36 pm
Post #7

Group: Member
Member No.: 48353

Sounds like a great idea to me. One of my late rescue dogs hated going to the vet. One sniff and he would have to be pushed or if there were two of us carried into the surgery. Red setters are rather heavy so a mobile vet who made house calls would have been great.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 11:21 am