Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lakeland Trailhound Welfare, finding homes for trailhounds all over the UK
Koshka
post 16th May 2010, 5:44 pm
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Modley Associate
Member No.: 8120

Lakeland Trailhound Welfare is a small organisation that was formed in 1997 to promote trailhounds as pets and find homes for them when they retire from racing in the Lake District. We home many youngsters who do not take to racing, as well as older retired hounds. Since we started we have homed over 1000 hounds that have retired from trailing. We home up to 80 hounds a year. Many hounds are found places in reputable rehoming centres which neuter, vaccinate, microchip and worm dogs before rehoming them. We feel this is the responsible way to rehome a hound. We also privately rehome hounds in carefully selected homes.
We are able to provide a full history with all the hounds that we home, e.g whether they have lived with children, cats, other dogs etc.

We promote trailhounds at dog shows during the summer and organise fund raising events throughout the year to help cover transport costs, kennelling and vet bills.

We are the only organisation in the country solely dedicated to homing trailhounds.

For queries about homing a trailhound, training advice, fundraising & volunteering or making a donation please contact:

Sue Lloyd
email Sue at sue@trailhoundwelfare.org.uk
or call: 01697 478383 or 07773 252350

Eileen Robinson
email Eileen at info@trailhoundwelfare.org.uk
or call: 01995 643351

Visit our website for more information and training advice HERE

--------------------
www.trailhoundwelfare.org.uk
from fellside to fireside
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Koshka
post 28th May 2010, 9:42 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Timothy is looking for a home. He is presently in Herts/Bucks border. More details
HERE UPDATE 13.6.10 HOMED

Jodie is looking for a home. She is presently in Herts/Bucks border. More details

Tess is looking for a home. She is presently in Herts/Bucks border. More details

Bob is looking for a home. He is presently in Herts/Bucks border. More details HERE Edit 29.5.10 HOMED

Raymond is looking for a home. He is in the Malvern, Worcs area. More details HERE UPDATE 13.6.10 HOMED

Red is looking for a home. He is presently in the south of England. More details HERE UPDATE 20.6.10 HOMED

We have more hounds available for homing. Please contact us or visit our website HERE

--------------------
+Quote Post
Koshka
post 9th Oct 2010, 11:29 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

We presently have a number of hounds looking for homes in various areas of the country. They are very quickly reserved when they go to rehoming centres, sometimes within hours of arrival.

If you think you could offer a trailhound a home, please do contact us and we will let you know when a suitable hound is available in your area. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Koshka
post 5th May 2013, 9:17 am
Post #4

Group Icon

Meet Zak wub.gif

He is 13 momths old and has just come in for rehoming. He is a real softy who loves to clamber all over you on the sofa for some fuss and a cuddle. He is currently living with my hounds, Woody and Lotty and gets on well with them. He is playful and joins in with their rough and tumble games in the field.

So far, he has been clean in the house (supervised). He is good on the lead. He is so quick to learn and after a day understands SIT and DOWN, although we have yet to perfect it. He is also responding well to recall whilst on a long lead. Zak’s previous owner has said that he in fine around children, which I can easily imagine as he has a very kind nature. He has not met cats but I am sure once introduced, there should be no issues.

Apparently he is a chewer of bedding and leads although I have yet to see that, I presume it may happen if he is left. This is not unusual with a young dog. With that in mind, we would expect Zak to be homed with someone who is around most of the time or able to take him to work with them. I will update info regularly whilst Zak is with me and hopefully take a video so please come back to read more about him.

Zak will be neutered, vacc’d, microchipped, wormed and flea treated before he is homed. We will require a home visit and an adoption fee.
More details about trailhounds as pets HERE

--------------------
+Quote Post
Koshka
post 28th May 2013, 8:40 am
Post #5

Group Icon

Here are videos of Zak playing with Woody:

VIDEO

VIDEO 2

Zak is absolutely adorable, a real sensitive, happy hound. He has shown signs of chewing although not anywhere near as much as I was expecting and not every time. He will need an owner who is around most of the time until he grows out of this. He does not show signs of crying or barking when I leave him unattended in a room.

I love this lad and if I were looking right now for a dog I would keep him like a shot. wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 2:51 am