2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holidays
doglover08
post 23rd Jan 2017, 10:42 am
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 59918

i have been looking for a dog friendly holiday we go to a farm where our dog is allowed to free run everywhere on the farm including the fields with animals in but we dont let our dog do that i would like to go somewhere different for a short break three nights seem to be much more than a week is where we go also the rules on most places mean they are not truly dog friendly at all does anyone else find this a problem
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nikirushka
post 23rd Jan 2017, 11:03 am
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 25819

I'm sorry, but with the complete lack of punctuation I am struggling to understand your question or all of what you've written. unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Louwra
post 23rd Jan 2017, 12:12 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 6759

Would be good to mention where, but if you google holidays with dogs, or cottages with dogsn there are bound to be a few coming up.

Sykes is a company that has cottages all over ,and you can set your search to be with dogs, the amount of dogs etc

ps I am amazed you found somewhere , where you are allowed to let your dog offlead with other animals??!!

This post has been edited by Louwra: 23rd Jan 2017, 12:13 pm
+Quote Post
Dalsmum
post 23rd Jan 2017, 1:07 pm
Post #4

Member No.: 10491

If your on facebook try here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogfriendlyholidays/

You can put up a request for what you want, where , when and for how long.

Or click on photos and then albums and you can browse the accommodation available under various categories.

Check out their 'dog rules' as it varies- some have no restrictions others say not in bedrooms, not on furniture etc. Some charge for dogs , some don't.
+Quote Post
mokee
post 23rd Jan 2017, 1:57 pm
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

We went to Little Dumpledale last year for the first time and enjoyed it so much we've booked again for this year. The place is truly dog friendly, they even put throws over the furniture so your dog can get up with you.
+Quote Post
Kanie
post 23rd Jan 2017, 2:31 pm
Post #6

Member No.: 15191

We've found Sykes Cottages a really good starting point too.

We've also found that contacting owners via the Sykes site to ask more specific questions is usually met with a very friendly response (many cottages specify 1 dog, but quite often, we've managed to persuade them to let us take 2 lol.gif )

The only place we've been disappointed with is the last cottage we booked, because the 'enclosed yard' was the size of a pocket handkerchief (amazing how big you could make it look on a photo) and the front door opened right out onto a road that none of the literature mentioned was a 'rat run' with no pavement! Although there were a lot of lovely walks a short car-ride away, our evening stroll before bedtime was a bit of a pain.

Good luck smile.gif

+Quote Post
Louwra
post 23rd Jan 2017, 2:53 pm
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 6759

QUOTE(Kanie @ 23rd Jan 2017, 2:31 pm) *

We've found Sykes Cottages a really good starting point too.

We've also found that contacting owners via the Sykes site to ask more specific questions is usually met with a very friendly response (many cottages specify 1 dog, but quite often, we've managed to persuade them to let us take 2 lol.gif )

The only place we've been disappointed with is the last cottage we booked, because the 'enclosed yard' was the size of a pocket handkerchief (amazing how big you could make it look on a photo) and the front door opened right out onto a road that none of the literature mentioned was a 'rat run' with no pavement! Although there were a lot of lovely walks a short car-ride away, our evening stroll before bedtime was a bit of a pain.

Good luck smile.gif

We ended up in Norfolk, large enough garden, fenced in, and beach 10min walk away. We brought throws and fleeces to chuck over the furniture and best to bring your own bedding, so I didnt worry about the dogs being on the beds. It was great! the advert said 3 well behaved dogs, I did ask Sykes do they specify breeds, as I have 3 rottweilers, but there was no mention of breeds, just as long as they are well behaved smile.gif My lot are no trouble, and we never had any issues or trouble, I will do it again, it was great!!!

The cottage we ended up in, is called Skylark, if you wanted to have a look
+Quote Post
doglover08
post 23rd Jan 2017, 3:17 pm
Post #8

Member No.: 59918

thank you to those of you who have put helpfull comments on here i can not always spell write properly what i mean to say i have some problems with memory and dont always get words right
+Quote Post
nikirushka
post 23rd Jan 2017, 3:55 pm
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 25819

I wasn't trying to have a go at you, and I apologise if it came across that way. It's just that with no punctuation at all I found it hard to understand.

This post has been edited by nikirushka: 23rd Jan 2017, 3:59 pm
+Quote Post
moorx
post 23rd Jan 2017, 6:02 pm
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 4341

We've also been to Little Dumpledale several times, and can recommend it. They do get booked up quickly though.

I have also used Welcome Cottages a couple of times http://www.welcomecottages.com/promotions/pet-friendly

This company supports Many Tears Rescue but I've not stayed in any of their cottages http://www.graceholidaycottages.co.uk/
+Quote Post
Fever
post 23rd Jan 2017, 6:30 pm
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 37085

We went to Primrose Cottage at Ottery St Mary in Devon via Skykes Cottages and it was excellent. We had a good-sized (just under half an acre) private fenced field just for our use, and the nearby lake and surrounds were only used by fellow holiday-makers staying in one of the six cottages, so it suited us perfectly.

It was great for diabled access too.
+Quote Post
Pixiedog
post 24th Jan 2017, 10:37 am
Post #12

Member No.: 41941

East Ruston Cottages are fantastic, I think Little Dumpledale is like Marmite, you either love it , or hate it.......I've only been there once .........
+Quote Post
natbest
post 24th Jan 2017, 3:05 pm
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 49122

Have you a county in mind? We go away a lot, 3/4 times a year with two dogs sio can recommend loads of places. Just depends on where you want to go and what you want to pay?

Www.welcome cottages.com and www.cottage guide.co.UK are good.
Hoseasons ok but charge for dogs, Alistair sawdays special places are good, also Airbnb if you put in whole house. I can recommend a few places, Blackadder mains in Northumberland, big detached house, secure garden plus 5 acre field( not fully enclose) www.Blackadder.co.UK, hobby cottage in Norfolk, detached house, but not enclosed garden, lovely house though, we're going for third time in June www.raggatt.org.uk/HobbyCottage.HTML
And http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/cottages/hidden...en-cottage-bi61
Lovely detached lodge, hot tub, totally secure 1 acre garden not far from skegness, very private. If you like this one pm me and I'll send you owners details, you get a hefty discount.
+Quote Post
Pixiedog
post 25th Jan 2017, 11:24 am
Post #14

Member No.: 41941

Hi Natbest, do you have any more information available on the above cottage, please? There are no pictures showing on your link smile.gif
+Quote Post
natbest
post 25th Jan 2017, 11:52 am
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 49122

Will pm you.