> Jamie Is Missing, I hope you don't mind me putting this here
Petmurf
post 30th Sep 2017, 8:47 pm
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 8827

QUOTE(Annieskel @ 30th Sep 2017, 8:31 am) *

Mark and Vicky have been wonderful, they have put posters out as well as spending all day looking for him, Mark fell over as he came out of the house and both Jamie and Cyril went, Cyril returned when Mark called but Jamie didn't. We were hoping that he would go to the day care as he loves being their but went to Golcar instead, at least it is the opposite way to the M62.

It is only 5 weeks since I had major surgery on my femur and I am on crutches still, I am not supposed to drive but went out on Thursday to see if he would come to me if he heard my voice. I over did it and had to rest yesterday. I feel so helpless, I just want Jamie back. If the find him I will go out to try and get him to come to me.

Jamie was a street dog when in Romania and was caught by the dog catches so he is terrified of men, he has bonded with both Vicky and Mark which is a good think. He will be back to a street dog and will hide from people. It would be wonderful if he made it back home but will have to go through town to get here. I just hope he doesn't go up onto the moor as he will never be found then.

Accidents happen, I felt sorry for Mark as he is really upset, he couldn't help falling over, it happens to all of us. He has worked a miracle with Jamie, he had to fight to stay alive when in the shelter in Romania and would attack any big dog, he mixes with big dogs now without a problem.

Petmurf, we will have to meet up sometime.

I was talking to Mark this morning as I hire out the day care fields for an hour on a Saturday, poor guy is racked with guilt and so upset, I also told him it was an accident and it could happen to any of us. All the girls have been out putting up posters, I saw one in the garden centre in Milnsbridge this afternoon, I have driven round Golcar, Scape, Pole moor and Slawit this afternoon looking for him but as you said Jamie knows how to hide, I'll go across the tops tomorrow morning and have a look for him.

I'll PM you my mobile number so if you need anything or someone to pick you up and drive you about to look you just shout wub.gif Petula
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post 30th Sep 2017, 10:32 pm
Post #32

Group Icon

Member No.: 10854

Glad you're able to help out Petmurf. Are there any riding schools in the area? The riders must see quite a lot more than folks on the ground.

It's a pity the chip companies haven't got around to using gps technology yet.

Good luck with the search.

Chris
+Quote Post
Annieskel
post 1st Oct 2017, 3:18 pm
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 44743

QUOTE(Petmurf @ 30th Sep 2017, 9:47 pm) *

I was talking to Mark this morning as I hire out the day care fields for an hour on a Saturday, poor guy is racked with guilt and so upset, I also told him it was an accident and it could happen to any of us. All the girls have been out putting up posters, I saw one in the garden centre in Milnsbridge this afternoon, I have driven round Golcar, Scape, Pole moor and Slawit this afternoon looking for him but as you said Jamie knows how to hide, I'll go across the tops tomorrow morning and have a look for him.

I'll PM you my mobile number so if you need anything or someone to pick you up and drive you about to look you just shout wub.gif Petula

Thank you Petula,

He seems to have aged this week, anyone can fall over and their dog get loose, it has happened to me quite a lot in the past. They only moved in the house the week they got married and it was very sudden, they do have plans to make it more secure. Mark called this morning, my girls were so pleased to see him and gave him lots of hugs and kisses, couldn't see Mark lol.gif Dolly, my 10in high hooligan, got over the back gate which is 6ft high and wanted to get into his van. Our dogs are very good a judging people and I go along with them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Petmurf
post 1st Oct 2017, 4:27 pm
Post #34

Group Icon

QUOTE(Annieskel @ 1st Oct 2017, 4:18 pm) *

Thank you Petula,

He seems to have aged this week, anyone can fall over and their dog get loose, it has happened to me quite a lot in the past. They only moved in the house the week they got married and it was very sudden, they do have plans to make it more secure. Mark called this morning, my girls were so pleased to see him and gave him lots of hugs and kisses, couldn't see Mark lol.gif Dolly, my 10in high hooligan, got over the back gate which is 6ft high and wanted to get into his van. Our dogs are very good a judging people and I go along with them.

It's happened to me twice, the first time I broke my ankle but luckily mine weren't spooked and stood guard over me until someone came to help....if something had spooked them it would have been a different story wub.gif

Try and keep positive, he will be found wub.gif
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post 1st Oct 2017, 5:33 pm
Post #35

Group Icon

Sorry Jamie's not home yet, but still keeping everything crossed he's back soon hug.gif

Chris
+Quote Post
EmCHammer
post 1st Oct 2017, 8:01 pm
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 22501

Checking in for news. Wish I was closer so could help in some way x
+Quote Post
mokee
post 2nd Oct 2017, 3:39 am
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

Have there been any more sightings?
+Quote Post
Carolynleah
post 2nd Oct 2017, 6:34 am
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 2147

Hoping for good news soon.
+Quote Post
Petmurf
post 2nd Oct 2017, 5:55 pm
Post #39

Group Icon

No sightings since last week.....he's hiding somewhere
+Quote Post
Annieskel
post 2nd Oct 2017, 6:53 pm
Post #40

Group Icon

Member No.: 44743

There has been no sightings since Friday. There are a lot of people looking for him, if they are calling him he will hide, he doesn't like raised voices, they frighten him. When I worked for a group that helped find dogs we used to tell people that if they see a dog that is lost to ignore them and carry on doing what you were doing and let the dog go to you.

I am so grateful for so many people looking for him, a lady came out to see how I was getting on today and told me I can't drive until 6 weeks after the operation, didn't tell her that I have been driving but couldn't sit at home knowing Jamie is missing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dalsmum
post 2nd Oct 2017, 7:33 pm
Post #41

Group: Member
Member No.: 10491

Please be careful as your insurance will be invalid if you drive against medical advice.
+Quote Post
AnnS
post 5th Oct 2017, 3:46 pm
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 1457

Any sightings? Fingers crossed for some good news.
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post 5th Oct 2017, 4:26 pm
Post #43

Group Icon

There was a possible sighting on Tuesday, according to site that cannot be mentioned, near Scammonden car park. Hope he's closer to going home wub.gif

Chris
+Quote Post
rmykapa
post 5th Oct 2017, 5:47 pm
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 34499

Still thinking of you and Jamie and hoping he is soon home safe and sound.
+Quote Post
lolbeck
post 5th Oct 2017, 8:00 pm
Post #45

Group Icon

Member No.: 37943

Sending lots of 'Stay safe and come home' thoughts to Jamie and a hug.gif to his human.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 4:00 am