IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lost and found dogs

Owners can also load a photograph to include with their message directly to the Dogpages server. See here. If you need any help please contact a moderator.

The forum is for the use of the owners only. Should they not have internet access, posts can be made by their personal representative. It cannot be used for the purposes of commercial "lost-dog" businesses nor for "crossposting" information found elsewhere on the internet.

17 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lost Disabled English Pointer, ORANGE+WHITE, WEAK LEGS - CUMBRIA
shamusdog1
post 4th Nov 2004, 9:35 pm
Post #31

Group: Member
Member No.: 9927

Thanks for asking but no news at all. I have been ringing around more sanctuaries and rescues but to no avail. A lot of people have kindly put him on their websites, and Bramcote rescue have kindly said he can be handed in there anonymously. I just about feel like giving up. I also feel a bit sorry for whoever has him, as they have taken him with the best of intentions as the female who has been harassing me, and stalking etc has i think told them he has been locked in a shed for 6 years. She has probably also said i damaged his back! Shamus has an abnormality of 2 vertebrae in his spine. They had grown together in a point, so consequently at this point on his spine it was unable to flex and was rigid. It was here that the fracture occured. It would not have occured if these 2 vertebrae had not been like this. It showed up on the xrays. Louise
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stormy
post 5th Nov 2004, 10:30 am
Post #32

Group: Members
Member No.: 8928

What about the ads in the vets mags?
Hopefully if you get on the Watchdog programme someone may come forward. I would think though the people that have your dog are not taking him out in public - as people tend to look at injured animals and wonder whats happened to them.
I have some ideas for more national publicity - will keep you informed if it works out.
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 5th Nov 2004, 11:36 am
Post #33

YES, HIS WALK IS SO WOBBLY THAT CARS SLOWED DOWN AND PEOPLE STARED! I THINK THEY KNOW HE IS STOLEN EVEN IF THEY DID NOT STEAL HIM THEMSELVES. I THINK THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE PROTECTING HIM. I AM SURE HE IS BEING HIDDEN AWAY, ALTHOUGH I HOPE HE IS STILL ALIVE AFTER ALL THIS TIME, LOUISE
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 6th Nov 2004, 4:00 pm
Post #34

SATURDAY TODAY. STILL NO SIGN OF HIM. LOUISE
+Quote Post
bluegrizzle
post 6th Nov 2004, 5:19 pm
Post #35

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 8520

as your offering a large reward what about putting an ad in say the mirror or mail lm sure they would let you under the circumstances, hope you find him soon hug.gif
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 8th Nov 2004, 8:21 pm
Post #36

ACTUALLY , THAT IS A GOOD IDEA. I WILL GET A QUOTE. IT COULD BE INTO THOUSANDS COULDNT IT!. LOUISE
+Quote Post
raffeebear
post 9th Nov 2004, 12:11 am
Post #37

Member No.: 6722

i so feel for you, made me cry reading this. could the woman involved not be bribed to give you info, money etc? are the police involved? was it a rescue that took him, if so could you not give them a vet report to show them that shamus was from a good home? could a detective help in finding out from this woman where shamus is.
i would go crazy if this happend to me.
have you approached all the dogs homes in london and the breed rescues?
keep us up to date
with HUGE amounts of love
rb
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 9th Nov 2004, 8:42 pm
Post #38

thanks for your kind wishes. i have been in tears every night. i feel dreadful and cannot eat. it is making me ill. that is what the "woman"wants. she i think has told a sanctuary or rescue he was shut in a shed for 6 years. he also has a deformity of 2 thoracic vertebra, which was why a fracture occured- the spine was not able to flex. he was completely paralysed, just dragging his back end. at the time he was so bad, my vets wanted to put him to sleep. i refused- causing arguments. i was allowed to bring him home and vets called twice a day to monitor him, also his heart and lungs, as the break was just behind the withers. i took weeks off work- skiving, and put a towel under his tummy every half hou including through the night. eventually the muscles in his hind legs which had wasted, got stronger so he could stand, although the vets dont think he can feel much in them. my vets say he is the only dog around here who has recoverd from such an injury. this woman knew how special he was. also, she would realise that he was at risk of being destroyed as he is not really suitable for re-homing. the woman is a complete psycho who does not feel or behave like a normal person. you could hold a knife to her throat and she would not talk- in fact she would actually enjoy it. she has no friends, and what she has done and organised makes her feel important. she has no qualifications and no goal in life. she has been to anger management and counselling. she has glassed people, assaulted traffic wardens and me, and other motorists. the sooner she is locked up the better. thanks, Louise
+Quote Post
raffeebear
post 10th Nov 2004, 12:55 am
Post #39

Member No.: 6722

terrible situation . do you know the sanctuary / rescue association she used and have you been in touch with london associations?
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 10th Nov 2004, 6:44 pm
Post #40

i do not know the sanctary or organisations involved. i have informed some rescues in London.
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 11th Nov 2004, 10:57 am
Post #41

A FEW MORE EMAILS TODAY, BUT STILL NO POSITIVE NEWS. IT IS NICE TO KNOW PEOPLE ARE THINKING OF US. LOUISE
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 12th Nov 2004, 6:33 pm
Post #42

CAN ANYONE PLEASE SUGGEST ANY MORE SITES WHERE I CAN POST MY MISSING POINTER? THANKS, LOUISE
+Quote Post
Myz
post 12th Nov 2004, 6:42 pm
Post #43

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 6451

Hi,

have you tried on here?

it is called a missing pet

I just foud it via google.

sarah

This post has been edited by Myz: 12th Nov 2004, 6:42 pm
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 12th Nov 2004, 7:29 pm
Post #44

THANKS, I WILL TRY IT. LOUISE
+Quote Post
stormy
post 12th Nov 2004, 11:02 pm
Post #45

Group: Members
Member No.: 8928

Louise
QUOTE-"Thanks for asking but no news at all. I have been ringing around more sanctuaries and rescues but to no avail. A lot of people have kindly put him on their websites, and Bramcote rescue have kindly said he can be handed in there anonymously. I just about feel like giving up. I also feel a bit sorry for whoever has him, as they have taken him with the best of intentions as the female who has been harassing me, and stalking etc has i think told them he has been locked in a shed for 6 years. She has probably also said i damaged his back! Shamus has an abnormality of 2 vertebrae in his spine. They had grown together in a point, so consequently at this point on his spine it was unable to flex and was rigid. It was here that the fracture occured. It would not have occured if these 2 vertebrae had not been like this. It showed up on the xrays. Louise "
sad.gif If Shamus has been taken with" the best intentions" do you think these people think you injured your own dog ? and have been cruel to him? and that you always kept him in a shed?? because I can understand why someone would kidnapp a dog if they thought this was happening- Cant you prove to them that is not the case? so they can see that they have made a mistake? I cannot tell if you work - Do you work for a vets ? If so,can you use their network to locate him?
Keep your chin up wink.gif
+Quote Post

17 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 2:46 am