Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Honey, at last
LizP
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:05 am
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 39809

I've been reading about Honey over the last couple of weeks. All I can say is how amazing I think you are, Jo. It's a brave and wonderful thing you're doing for Honey. Huge good luck wishes from all here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jimmywoodbine
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:10 am
Post #17

Group: Member
Member No.: 25085

Well Done. Good Luck Honey and Jo and well done Chris. The pictures look brilliant.
+Quote Post
Helen1
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:29 am
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 20058

Be good Honey and well done Jo. When she's naughty feel free to rant on here, we've all been there and you're amongst friends x
+Quote Post
riotous_uk
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:42 am
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 3186

QUOTE(Jo@thewilderness @ 14th Aug 2008, 7:13 am) *

doG. Wish I was 25 lol.gif

1st night - had a bit of a moan, a bit of a grumble, a bit of a I feel stressed moment or two. But settled well eventually and has eaten her breakfast this morning no problem. I've had to tell stinky dog she isn't allowed on the sofa yet, not until after that bath yikes.gif

And we've had a wee of noah flood like proportions lol.gif

We are all having a quiet day at home today. No fuss, no hassle just nice quiet settle in time.

yay.gif she's finally had a wee

Glad last night was ok and this morning's brekkie had no issues. Should eb fun giving her a bath and then getting her dry lol.gif

I'm going to ask a really silly question now, but in all the photos I've seen of her, she seems ot ahve really short legs...does she? or is it just an optical illusion?

+Quote Post
Kay&Stone
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:48 am
Post #20

Member No.: 39519

Good luck with Honey - she is wub.gif
+Quote Post
cammyboo
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:51 am
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 34031

Good luck with everything, Honey looks so adorable and I'm sure she will give amazing cuddles once she has settled properly, oooo, nuzzling into that hair, mmmmmmmm wub.gif
+Quote Post
Jo@thewilderness
post 14th Aug 2008, 8:08 am
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 35226

QUOTE(riotous_uk @ 14th Aug 2008, 8:42 am) *

I'm going to ask a really silly question now, but in all the photos I've seen of her, she seems ot ahve really short legs...does she? or is it just an optical illusion?

Her legs are rather short sad.gif

Maybe they will grow with a bit of exercise lol.gif She has a lack of muscle so seems to stand a bit hunched legged which makes it look worse. I know none of that really makes sense but I know what I mean unsure.gif
+Quote Post
c.j
post 14th Aug 2008, 1:53 pm
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 12242

Heartwarming update smile.gif - i have been following Honeys story and am so glad that she is being given the chance of a home - i hope that she settles in well wub.gif
+Quote Post
sweetie
post 14th Aug 2008, 2:56 pm
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 17030

best of luck with honey Jo smile.gif

she's a beautiful dog wub.gif
+Quote Post
Jo@thewilderness
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:09 pm
Post #25

Group Icon

Little update on the lovely Honey.

Still stressed but settling OK. Very responsive doggie girl who just wants to please.

I've sussed out her food issues. Some numpty has done the lets take the food away from the puppy. She is fine if you are sensible. She needs reassuring that she is allowed to eat - sure sign. Started taking treats from me though - real breakthrough. Currently playing with a fish for dogs and investigating it wub.gif

She is completely cat and small feathered and furry friendly - had a quick sniff at the hens and wandered off. And jsut done a real sniff of one of the trick cats and then backed off at first sign of a cat face looking at her smile.gif

She is learning too - put her back behind the dog gate this morning (OK, may have had to do it 11 times!) and she stayed there. Bloomin' little tinker was on the non dog sofa when we got back tho lol.gif And then on her walk she was larning so fast. I wish my other lot were so attentive to me and listened so well lol.gif And I am so relieved, completely clean in the house. Talk about an iron bladder.

This is a doggie who will make a loyal and fantastic dog to someone who is going to work on her and respect her space. She has problems, she is scared of the world and it will be a long haul to understand that people can be kind, a raised hand doesn't mean anything other than a ball is being chucked, a man doesn't mean a beating, a closed door doesn't mean you'll be shut in there for days... sad.gif

She really needs a home or foster where she has more 1 on 1 or doggies who aren't going to be as feisty as her. But, she is being lovely with me and OH. I;ve currently got a stinky dog on my feet, a greyhound pushing me off the sofa and a collie sitting on my chest. OH is upstairs... rolleyes.gif

But I've chickened out of the bath thing ninja.gif Tomorrow is another day.Still very stinky and so is my sofa!
+Quote Post
shortl
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:13 pm
Post #26

Group Icon

Member No.: 36432

Well done you, sounds like she's coming far already.
I don't reckon she'll need your help for much longer the way her clever brain is working, and the guidance and care you guys are showing her flowers.gif
+Quote Post
Gnasher
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:15 pm
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 3495

Really pleased things are going well smile.gif she sounds like she has the potential to be the dog in a million for the right owner wub.gif
+Quote Post
Carm
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:44 pm
Post #28

Member No.: 17481

QUOTE(Jo@thewilderness @ 14th Aug 2008, 8:09 pm) *

Little update on the lovely Honey.

Still stressed but settling OK. Very responsive doggie girl who just wants to please.

I've sussed out her food issues. Some numpty has done the lets take the food away from the puppy. She is fine if you are sensible. She needs reassuring that she is allowed to eat - sure sign. Started taking treats from me though - real breakthrough. Currently playing with a fish for dogs and investigating it

She is completely cat and small feathered and furry friendly - had a quick sniff at the hens and wandered off. And jsut done a real sniff of one of the trick cats and then backed off at first sign of a cat face looking at her

She is learning too - put her back behind the dog gate this morning (OK, may have had to do it 11 times!) and she stayed there. Bloomin' little tinker was on the non dog sofa when we got back tho lol.gif And then on her walk she was larning so fast. I wish my other lot were so attentive to me and listened so well lol.gif And I am so relieved, completely clean in the house. Talk about an iron bladder.

This is a doggie who will make a loyal and fantastic dog to someone who is going to work on her and respect her space. She has problems, she is scared of the world and it will be a long haul to understand that people can be kind, a raised hand doesn't mean anything other than a ball is being chucked, a man doesn't mean a beating, a closed door doesn't mean you'll be shut in there for days...

She really needs a home or foster where she has more 1 on 1 or doggies who aren't going to be as feisty as her. But, she is being lovely with me and OH. I;ve currently got a stinky dog on my feet, a greyhound pushing me off the sofa and a collie sitting on my chest. OH is upstairs...

But I've chickened out of the bath thing ninja.gif Tomorrow is another day.Still very stinky and so is my sofa!
#

This is really good news, it will take time, you know what you're doing and I'm so happy that you're going to help Honey smile.gif

Re bath...I wouldn't bother until she's been with you for a couple of weeks at least. I reckon considering the kind of life she's have she's never seen a bath in her life, perhaps try a bucket or warm water and a soapy sponge to start with but outside.

I think she'll react if you bath her because she's so unsettled and doesn't trust you yet err.gif

With some of the dogs in our care, to save any altercations with baths I use a dry shampoo on the dogs, works wonders! ok.gif You can buy aerosols or normal sprays from most pet shops, they really do work well, some need to be used with brushes etc but again to avoid triggering a reaction... some you can just spray right into the fur and you can leave it on, she'll smell gorgeous! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Jo@thewilderness
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:53 pm
Post #29

Group Icon

QUOTE(Gnasher @ 14th Aug 2008, 8:15 pm) *

Really pleased things are going well smile.gif she sounds like she has the potential to be the dog in a million for the right owner wub.gif

Does she ever - OH squared up to her tonight and she has forgiven him instantly.

This girl is learning fast and with us being yes that is fine, no that isn't acceptable, she is doing OK.

She is scared but we ain't - so we are finding out way together. Showing her that doing things not quite right is fine - I've never got it right first time around lol.gif

Still bloomin' stinks tho yikes.gif
+Quote Post
Gnasher
post 14th Aug 2008, 7:58 pm
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 3495

Have you got anywhere local with a pool or something with clean(ish) water where she might go for a swim to have a bit of a clean up without the trauma of a bath unsure.gif
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 1:51 am